• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone watchYu-Gi-Oh, anymore?

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Yeah, my favorite was Waking the Dragons. The Orichalcos leader (Darts was it?) was an interesting bloke. The seal of Orichalcos is cool how it takes control of people.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
The first few seasons were the best, after that it got a bit silly. I know they had to keep calling it Yu-Gi-Oh because that's what the franchise was called, but it seemed a bit redundant once the actual Yu-Gi-Oh character had left. It'd be a bit like keeping The Simpsons running without the actual Simpson family in it >__>

Anyways, yeah, the best eps were with the Pharoah. I lost interest halfway through GX...I liked Chad, but it was all getting a little blahblahblah for me, and it never quite had the emotion or high drama of the first series. Plus the ancient egypt thing was always a big pulling point for me.

And I wanted to kill Cyrus and Chumley. Really.

Uhh...those aren't seasons, they are series.

Anyway I loved the virtual arc. And I really did not like waking the dragons because some of the duels were so BS, plus it didn't really have a good story...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, my favorite was Waking the Dragons. The Orichalcos leader (Darts was it?) was an interesting bloke. The seal of Orichalcos is cool how it takes control of people.

The only thing that I didn't like about Dartz was how we didn't learn much about him until the end of the arc. At least with Marik, we learned about his history around the middle of the arc, and that made his character a bit more interesting. Dartz was decent enough, but the lack of back story made it so that I didn't like him as a character until the end :c

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Rafael and his guardian monsters were awesome in Waking the Dragon. Also liked the larger role Rebecca played.

Lorde

It's too bad that Rebecca was only a main character during the filler arcs. I liked her in Waking the Dragons, even though she only dueled once from what I recall. It was against Valon and Duke was dueling alongside her if I remember correctly. She also dueled against Leon in the Grand Championship arc, and that was sort of cool. I just wish she had appeared in some of the more important arcs.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Only the first one. Everything else just annoys me.

Skyliner

Destruction to all
After the original series I just gave up. It became stupid to me.

Lorde

Exactly. Hence why she did not appear in any relevant arcs

You make it sound like the filler arcs weren't relevant, when they provided a lot more character development than the normal arcs did. The Yu-Gi-Oh! filler arcs were actually interesting, even if some of them ended terribly, like the Virtual World arc. I'm now hating how Noah's fate was changed in the dub, though.

Yes but the character development didn't really show in the relevant arcs.

I agree the filler arcs are good, but they are irrelevant

PokemonOwn

I have to agree with Kira, Rebecca didn't appear in the Anime as much as I wanted. She was interesting, and her deck was pretty good.

Evil Teddy Bear FTW!

Yes, I still watchYu-Gi-Oh.

Aegon

I used to be a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I soon lost interest during GX. I watched all of the original series (I loved Waking the Dragons), and some of GX. I liked it, but not as much as the original. I just didn't care about the characters anymore. Neither of the latest series appeal to me at all.

Concordia

The Dreamwalker
You make it sound like the filler arcs weren't relevant, when they provided a lot more character development than the normal arcs did. The Yu-Gi-Oh! filler arcs were actually interesting, even if some of them ended terribly, like the Virtual World arc. I'm now hating how Noah's fate was changed in the dub, though.

Totally with you here. Although I do preference the manga over the anime (in my head it goes manga > japanese original > american dub) i thought the three filler arcs we got in the original Yugioh! were extremely decent. In fact the first arc I saw all the way through was the Virtual Arc which was extremely successful in deepening a main character's backstory without compromising the original attitude the manga held. Noa was also an interesting addition and his sacrifice right at the end, i agree, really pissed me off that it wasn't featured in the american dub. From that we got to see a different side to the Kaiba brothers, Gozaburo - mainly Seto but still.

Now for Waking the Dragons, I feel this dub went entirely full circle. Finally some interaction between where duel monsters really come from instead of waiting until the final arc to fully explain they were based on spiritual Ka monsters. Alternate dimensions really do it for me, mysterious cults where collecting people's souls is there main game to resurrect a fearsome beast that destroyed a freakin' greek mythical city Atlantis. Okay so I confess maybe I wasn't really attached completely to any of the new characters introduced - save for Alister - but to see Mai have a complete turnaround in character and attitude was so interesting to watch. Top it off with seeing a completely different side to Yami, scary to say the least just makes his urge for redemption in the last arc all the more necessary.

In summary - I completely agree, we couldn't really have achieved 3D characters of Kaiba or Yami without these filler arcs and we wouldn't know exactly what motivated their true characters with only the first and fifth arcs alone.

/shrugs. Just my two cents for the day

Lorde

I used to be a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I soon lost interest during GX. I watched all of the original series (I loved Waking the Dragons), and some of GX. I liked it, but not as much as the original. I just didn't care about the characters anymore. Neither of the latest series appeal to me at all.

GX is the kind of anime that you have to get used to. I remember disliking it after I watched the original series, but it isn't really that bad. The dub is a bit chessy, but the duels were interesting for the most part. The villains were boring IMO, so that's something to worry about. They have nothing on the original Yu-Gi-Oh! villains.

In fact the first arc I saw all the way through was the Virtual Arc which was extremely successful in deepening a main character's backstory without compromising the original attitude the manga held. Noa was also an interesting addition and his sacrifice right at the end, i agree, really pissed me off that it wasn't featured in the american dub. From that we got to see a different side to the Kaiba brothers, Gozaburo - mainly Seto but still.

I liked that the Kaiba brothers got so much focus during the Virtual World arc. They seemed so distant in the past, but it felt like I got closer to them because of this arc. And I disliked that the dub made it seem like Noah was still alive somewhere. I thought that he was going to return, until I read that he was actually dead in the Japanese version. It's sad.

venra77

Wifi battler
GX made me life fusions better. Yugi had to grow up at some point. Not a big fan of 5D though. Its just a stupid idea dueling on motorcycles? #stupid

Lorde

GX made me life fusions better. Yugi had to grow up at some point. Not a big fan of 5D though. Its just a stupid idea dueling on motorcycles? #stupid

GX had way too many fusion monsters and support cards if you ask me. But I'm wondering what you mean about Yugi having to 'grow up". Do you mean physically, or emotionally? Because I'm pretty sure that he grew emotionally throughout his journey, thanks to Atem's guidance. And just wait until the next series; it'll have card games on motorboats.

Last edited:
The thing that I really liked about GX is that its story may be weaker in comparison to the other yugioh shows, but I love how each character, even the filler characters, had a distinct deck theme. It made the duels more interesting and overall made the show more flavourful