• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone watchYu-Gi-Oh, anymore?

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Yeah, I like all of them!
AWARDS!
Best storyline: 5D's/Original series
Best Decks: 5D's/GX
Best Enemies: Original series
AWARDS!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, I like all of them!
AWARDS!
Best storyline: 5D's
Best Decks: 5D's/GX
Best Enemies: Original series
AWARDS!

If I had to give out an award for best storyline, it would have to go to the original series. It had great characters, interesting settings and it was paced nicely. Even if you account for the filler arcs, things weren't so bad. I think GX had the best decks, despite the overuse of fusion monsters. The award for best enemies would also go to the original Yu-Gi-Oh. Bakura alone was awesome enough to cover any weaknesses.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
I quite like the Junk line. Along with Turbo warrior, Road warrior, Drill warrior etc.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I actually did like the decks from 5D better then any of the other series, Reggie and Kaiba's deck being the exception. I love Z-one, Akiza, and the dark singer's decks.

Last edited:

Takeo

Yea i liked the few first season's, when GX came out i didn't bother watching it. and the recent ones are meh....

Lorde

I actually did like the decks from 5D better then any of the other series, Reggie and Kaiba's deck being the exception. I love Z-one, Akiza, and the dark singer's decks.

They had some interesting themes, but I thought that the decks in GX were more original than those from the original series and 5Ds. I haven't seen much of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, so I can't really judge the decks in that series. The decks aren't always the most important things in the series, though. I like some of the character interactions that take place, especially those in the original series. I still don't understand if Tea liked Yugi or Atem, though. It was complicated.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I loved the deck themes from GX. Best villains goes to the Original series. Only Pegasus could make something as childish as cartoon monsters be life threatening, and Marik and Bakura were classic. As for character interactions it varies for me. Sometimes the original cast were a little to sappy, especially Tea and sometimes the GX cast were not sappy enough, and the cast of 5d's got reduced to Yusei, Jack, and Crow doing everything leaving Akiza and the twins to just sit mostly on the sidelines. I like all the cast it's just they all had their ups and downs, this is of course not counting Zexal.

I have recently got into an obsession with the original Yu-Gi-Oh. ...Mostly because of the Abridged Series, of course. When I found they were airing episodes on Saturdays, I was excited. I record and watch those episodes religiously now. I need to get some DVDs. :u

I loved the original Yu-Gi-Oh when I was 7 or 8, and it's amazing how much I remember from the show. I loved Marik back then, and now I really got some fangirling going on. Again, I blame Abridged for my Thiefshipping craze. xD

(And next weekend is going to start the final of Yugi v. Yami Marik, YESSSS)

Lorde

I remember going through a second Yu-Gi-Oh! phase a couple years back. I started watching the series again in Japanese, and I even started collecting the old trading cards. It was a lot of fun, but I haven't been able to watch the Japanese episodes very often anymore, so I don't obsess over it as much. Now I just watch the episodes whenever I have time, rather than everyday like I used to. I like the Japanese Opening themes. Those are really catchy.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Fortune Cup + Dark Signers rivals anything in the original series, even though I sort of divide 5Ds into those 2 arcs and everything after.

GX had the theme deck frenzy, which in turn lead to some great duels, but that was it. To beat my own personal dead horse; identity crisis plot with a singly sympathetic character.

The original series had its own demons, namely struggling with keeping Honda/Tristan and Anzu/Tea relevant and Atem's sudden mellowing, but that the series survived the shift in tone, even if some people have a "Dragon Ball vs Z" sort of relationship with it (I have a friend who loves pre-duel monsters, eh on duel monsters, for example), is part of what made it fun.

biggggg5

Bigglesworth
i will give an event entei to someone who will pm me a link(s) to a YOUTUBE video(s) of the dungeon dice monsters episode(s). the whole game between yugi and (duke i think?) the guy who made ddm

Lorde

If I'm being honest, I didn't think anything in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds was special. There were actually moments where I forgot that I was watching an anime about trading cards, since the plot started getting more complicated as time went on. The first arc of that series was decent enough, but then the second arc started getting thicker and thicker, and I lost interest altogether. I think the original and GX are far superior.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I think the Yu-Gi-Oh saga got to far like in 5ds fusion monsters where the best but now Scvncro monsters seem boring.BUT with fusion it was epic like Blue-Eyes ulitamate dragon!

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
I think synchros are better than fusions. Thhis way, I don't need to keep a few Polymerizations in my deck ¬_¬

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Synchros are overall better then Fusions. Not only do you not have to keep like 3 Polymerzation cards or cards that act like it, but you also don't need the useless fodder cards used to fuse the fusion you want. It sucks when you have one of the useless parts of the fusion in hand but no Polymerzation and the other half.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Synchros are overall better then Fusions. Not only do you not have to keep like 3 Polymerzation cards or cards that act like it, but you also don't need the useless fodder cards used to fuse the fusion you want. It sucks when you have one of the useless parts of the fusion in hand but no Polymerzation and the other half.

Exactly. At least Tuner monsters can defend your life points or attack weak monsters.