• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone watchYu-Gi-Oh, anymore?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think their deck masters walked them through it. Duke was the only one who didn't need any real help. Tristan lost protecting Serenity, Serenity and Duke worked together to win. Tea literally had Dark Magician Girl hold her hand through her entire duel. I think I enjoyed the Tristan/Serenity/Duke duel more then Tea's if only because Tristan actually lost making their opponent look like a threat, while Tea had Dark Magician Girl on her side and with a card that important you knew she wouldn't lose. The new rules of the virtual world are like the only reason Yugi, Kaiba, and Joey didn't win their duels uber fast.

I forgot that Duke knew how to play the game. I guess I respect the fact that he did so well during that arc. I still think it was an odd arc, though. It was pretty dark, what with Noah's body being dead and his mind being inside a computer. I also thought that it was sad how the Big 5 themselves died once they failed Noah. I didn't like them, but they didn't deserve to be "deleted". That was just harsh.

Landslide

watch out!
I loved yugioh till they brought......motorbikes, i mean seriously what were they on when they decided that -_-

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Heroine, crack, Viagara and Ecstasy ;)

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Well to be fair, there's only so many times you can show people standing around dueling before it get's boring. But on motorbikes...

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I forgot that Duke knew how to play the game.
Well, it makes sense seeing as he was raised to be a prodigy at gaming (in the manga, at least, even though he was never seen playing the card game there).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I forgot that Duke knew how to play the game. I guess I respect the fact that he did so well during that arc. I still think it was an odd arc, though. It was pretty dark, what with Noah's body being dead and his mind being inside a computer. I also thought that it was sad how the Big 5 themselves died once they failed Noah. I didn't like them, but they didn't deserve to be "deleted". That was just harsh.

I actually liked the Big 5 in a weird way. Their deck master idea was weird but I liked their style somewhat. For filler bad guys they didn't leave me bored. I enjoyed them and Noah more then Gozaboro (Or however you spell his name) as the final villain of that arc. As for Duke, he was a fairly good duelist. Rank him higher then Tristan, Tea, and Serenity, those poor guys. Looking back I would have thought they would have lumped Tea with someone like Tristan, Duke, and Serenity were stuck together, but considering Tea was usually the biggest of the supporting friends I guess they felt she was important enough to win a duel alone...or with Dark Magician Girl.

Lorde

I actually liked the Big 5 in a weird way. Their deck master idea was weird but I liked their style somewhat. For filler bad guys they didn't leave me bored. I enjoyed them and Noah more then Gozaboro (Or however you spell his name) as the final villain of that arc. As for Duke, he was a fairly good duelist. Rank him higher then Tristan, Tea, and Serenity, those poor guys. Looking back I would have thought they would have lumped Tea with someone like Tristan, Duke, and Serenity were stuck together, but considering Tea was usually the biggest of the supporting friends I guess they felt she was important enough to win a duel alone...or with Dark Magician Girl.

I didn't really like the idea of a deck master for some reason. It seemed cheap since they were able to help the characters win duels that they wouldn't have won had they been dueling by normal rules. They also had some odd abilities, and I could never figure them out. I didn't like how Tea was stuck on her own for a while. She needed character development, but they made her seem more annoying than before.

JPG

personally, i think 5Ds was the best series of all. it had better writing, better character development, better stories, and better duels. i know someone is gonna say "card games on motorcycles" and all that crap. (thank you littlekuriboh). but in my eyes, riding duels brought a new level of intensity and drama to the game. dont get me wrong, i still like ground duels but some of the duels in 5Ds wouldnt be as good as they are if they weren't riding duels. plus, it has giving us some of the most epic moments in not just yugioh but in anime overall.

first series was good but after looking back on it, it really annoyed me a lot with all the damn cheerleaders.

GX was a major step up with better stories and characters.

5Ds was as good as it gets for yugioh.

but sadly, it seems to suffer from dub piece syndrome since 4kids skipped over a good chunk of eps, including how jack got scar red nova dragon.

JPG

because a main character that provides comic releif would make the show much more entertaining, and Krow just doesnt do it for me..

but he has no reason to be funny. his father and mother died in a explosion that blew neo domino city in two, creating years of class warfare.

said explosion was blamed on his father, even though he had nothing to do it with it and yusei carried the guilt of that for years.

he lived in a messed up ghetto with no chance for improvement.

he lost a good friend who died in jail and blamed for his imprisonment to the point where he turned into a undead spirit bent on killing him.

his best friend stole his key card and his duel runner that took him years to build with just the crap lying around said ghetto.

and he was thrown into a life or death battle for the fate of humanity when he just wanted his card back.

so exactly what does he have to be "funny" about?

Landslide

watch out!
but he has no reason to be funny. his father and mother died in a explosion that blew neo domino city in two, creating years of class warfare.

said explosion was blamed on his father, even though he had nothing to do it with it and yusei carried the guilt of that for years.

he lived in a messed up ghetto with no chance for improvement.

he lost a good friend who died in jail and blamed for his imprisonment to the point where he turned into a undead spirit bent on killing him.

his best friend stole his key card and his duel runner that took him years to build with just the crap lying around said ghetto.

and he was thrown into a life or death battle for the fate of humanity when he just wanted his card back.

so exactly what does he have to be "funny" about?

he also stars in a kids tv show, and we all know no matter how gloomy yugioh gets, there are still comic relief characters, like joey for example, who make it a bit lighter.

JPG

he also stars in a kids tv show, and we all know no matter how gloomy yugioh gets, there are still comic relief characters, like joey for example, who make it a bit lighter.

and i'm not saying that 5Ds doesn't have comic relief. crow, lazar, leo, and in a few times, jack all provide enough comedy for the show. its just that yusei isn't meant to be like that. if he was, it would seem forced and stupid.

Landslide

watch out!
and i'm not saying that 5Ds doesn't have comic relief. crow, lazar, leo, and in a few times, jack all provide enough comedy for the show. its just that yusei isn't meant to be like that. if he was, it would seem forced and stupid.

because i wasnt a fan of the series, i didnt watch many episodes(i think i watched 40) and through those episodes, the comic relief characters werent exactly common, like joey and jaden(who is the main character).

JPG

because i wasnt a fan of the series, i didnt watch many episodes(i think i watched 40) and through those episodes, the comic relief characters werent exactly common, like joey and jaden(who is the main character).

they do get some comedy eps in the 3rd season since things settle down and brighten up, thanks to the bridge connected the satellite and neo domino city to become one city.

there are some good comedy bits: jack trying to find work, leo getting jealous of the guy luna had a crush on, and team 5Ds doing a ramen play to lure out lazar.

Lorde

You said that you wanted Yusei (the main protagonist) to be funny so that the 5Ds anime would be more entertaining, yet you seem to agree that Joey was a comical character even though he wasn't the main protagonist. That just shows that main protagonist characters don't have to be funny. And while I'm at it, I have to admit that I never thought that Jaden was funny.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I didn't really like the idea of a deck master for some reason. It seemed cheap since they were able to help the characters win duels that they wouldn't have won had they been dueling by normal rules. They also had some odd abilities, and I could never figure them out. I didn't like how Tea was stuck on her own for a while. She needed character development, but they made her seem more annoying than before.

Kaiba, Yugi, Joey, and Duke were the only ones who didn't really need their deck masters for their duels. Yugi was surprisingly put in a tough spot by his opponent though I blame it on the new rules. Tea literally had her deck master duel for her, so even though she won I think her's was the worst one (I still like Tea though). At least when Duke and Serenity dueled their deck masters had like one line only. Actually I don't think Tristan and Duke's even talked, or Kaiba's.

I guess this is kind of minor and might have been said already but I was watching 5d's this morning and they liked skipped a good number of episodes to get to the Ragnarok guys. 4kids have done this before during the Dark Signer saga. These guys need to learn how to dub. It's bad enough they try to make their dubs funny culture with horrible jokes and puns (4kids version of Yu-gi-oh GX)

Lorde

I guess this is kind of minor and might have been said already but I was watching 5d's this morning and they liked skipped a good number of episodes to get to the Ragnarok guys. 4kids have done this before during the Dark Signer saga. These guys need to learn how to dub. It's bad enough they try to make their dubs funny culture with horrible jokes and puns (4kids version of Yu-gi-oh GX)

I didn't watch Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds this morning, but I did watch the original Yu-Gi-Oh! I'm actually surprised that they didn't censor Yami Marik as much as I thought they had. He looked completely crazy, but they just left him alone. I know that they censored some of his antics, like his licking of the Millenium Rod, but for the most part, they let him remain creepy throughout the arc. That's weird.