• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone watchYu-Gi-Oh, anymore?

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I have watched all three series and currently the fourth one. Personally, I love the character Yubel and his/her personality.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Yubel is female, I believe.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I forget, how did Yami Bakura die?

I forget. I didn't actually see that part; all I know is that he was "sent to the Shadow Realm", if you get what I mean.

I have watched all three series and currently the fourth one. Personally, I love the character Yubel and his/her personality.

Yubel was female, although I did think that she was a he at some point. Don't ask me why though lol.

I think that the original series villains beat the GX villains by a mile. The original series had Pegasus, Marik, Bakura and then some filler villains who were actually pretty interesting in my opinion. I loved Pegasus and his obsession with cartoons, although it is a bit disturbing that a grown man watched cartoons and created cards based around them :c

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I loved the original series and I actually really enjoyed GX as well, but I can't stand the new 5D's stuff. So it's pretty much re-runs on Youtube for me. But I do them so.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Will tune into 5D's from time to time, turned off to Zexal, original series... has been over for years; only things left for it are Yugioh R and Takahashi's Bunkoban afterwards.

I liked Pegasus and all but it annoyed me how he vanished and when he returned he was good

In the anime. Manga, he died, allowing for Yu-gi-oh! R to happen.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Bring back the original YuGiOh! cast! :< I haven't watched Zexal, but it seems a little over the top for my tastes... I would have rather had another season of 5Ds. I liked that series, too.

jazz189

Yubel was female, although I did think that she was a he at some point. Don't ask me why though lol.

Yubel is a hermaphrodite, it refers to itself and is referred to as a male or as gender neutral being. But when 4Kids dubbed(read: destroyed it) it they changed Yubel to being female (it never once calls itself a girl).

Though of Yu-gi-oh I liked the original series, and GX; 5Ds would have been good, if it wasn't so rushed both storyline wise and character development wise (Aki anyone) and Yusei had a personality (as well as lost once in a while).

Never saw Zexal yet though.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
I'm finishing Yu-Gi-Oh GX all 4 seasons this week (2nd time through).
I'm going to watch Yu-Gi-oh 5D's for the 1st time very soon.

Lorde

I also disliked the inconsistency with Pegasus's character. As someone else said, he died in the manga, but was still alive in the anime. I think he should've died in the anime as well. After the Duelist Kingdom arc, he wasn't really that important again until the Waking the Dragons arc, and even then, his role could've easily been given to someone else if the writers had thought to do it.

BlueDragonfangirl

I watched up to 5D, the newest series looks more comedy I hope it has some sort of a serious storyline in the future. It will be hard for English dubbed viewers to watch due to lame 4Kids trying to hold onto its rights.

Concordia

The Dreamwalker
I also disliked the inconsistency with Pegasus's character. As someone else said, he died in the manga, but was still alive in the anime. I think he should've died in the anime as well. After the Duelist Kingdom arc, he wasn't really that important again until the Waking the Dragons arc, and even then, his role could've easily been given to someone else if the writers had thought to do it.

Pegasus was definitely murdered in the manga, by Bakura pulling out his eye. The manga focused very strongly on villains getting their 'just desserts' since the original manga with borderline-psychopathic-vigilante-mode Yami and 4Kids had the 'never say die' policy, Pegasus was inevitably going to have to reform rather than being killed :p shame however, I did think think this could have been a really effective - if not tragic - death.

Out of curiosity, where are people watching the original Japanese subbed episodes of the original series? A link would be AMAZINGLY helpful since I've looked around for weeks and turned up nothing. I feel the Japanese sticks closer to the manga meaning and message of unity than the dub ever did, 'heart of the cards' and all that ... no wonder Kaiba was such a jerkass to the main group in the dub

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I enjoyed watching the original and some of GX but when 5D's came out, I stopped watching it... I like the old stuff better.0-0

Concordia

The Dreamwalker
I enjoyed watching the original and some of GX but when 5D's came out, I stopped watching it... I like the old stuff better.0-0

Me and my sister often made fun of the GX dub when it was on in the morning, I guess it was such a big step change from dark dramatic drama to 'hey everyone, let's go to duelling school' and the ridiculously cringey attitude of Jaden Yuuki /shudder. Most of the characters I found to be expys of previous original characters, 5Ds was the largest step back to how decent yugioh could be.

Lorde

In my opinion, there isn't anything wrong with the newer series. I've watched them all, and I think that they all contribute plenty of neat ideas. Still, I tend to favor the original series since it was the first Yu-Gi-Oh! series that I watched. I think it's the most straightforward out of the four main series, and I really enjoyed that about it. GX was sort of chessy at times, 5Ds was too complicated and I still have no opinion on Zexal.

Lorde

What's the fourth season?

Well, here's a list of episodes from season 4 in case you want to know more about it.

It was my favorite season from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, but others think it was a bit too dark. The original series was pretty dark too, though, and I didn't see anything wrong with that. The Doma arc itself was really dark, what with people's souls being collected and stuff.

Last edited:

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Awww, I want to see that series so much :( Does anyone have a link to a website where I can watch it?
I thought that was season 5! XD