• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone watchYu-Gi-Oh, anymore?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I didn't watch Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds this morning, but I did watch the original Yu-Gi-Oh! I'm actually surprised that they didn't censor Yami Marik as much as I thought they had. He looked completely crazy, but they just left him alone. I know that they censored some of his antics, like his licking of the Millenium Rod, but for the most part, they let him remain creepy throughout the arc. That's weird.

Unless he is doing something like licking his rod or about to stab someone with the rod, his insaneness is kept the same. He is a lunatic so they do need to show him as one. They just really edit his stabbing stuff, like stabbing his father, about to stab his servant, stuff like that. Yami Marik is like the most insane Yu-gi-oh villain ever. Which is why he is so cool.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
Exactly. I believe it was Einstein who said:
"Insane=cool"

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Unless he is doing something like licking his rod or about to stab someone with the rod, his insaneness is kept the same. He is a lunatic so they do need to show him as one. They just really edit his stabbing stuff, like stabbing his father, about to stab his servant, stuff like that. Yami Marik is like the most insane Yu-gi-oh villain ever. Which is why he is so cool.

I hadn't noticed that he was so into stabbing people. The guy needs help. But I have to agree about him being the most insane villain in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series. I thought that Yami Bakura was a bit more interesting, but at least he was calm most of the time. Yami Marik was just crazy. Well, at least he wasn't into children's cartoons :rolleyes:

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
I enjoy Yu-gi-oh.

though to be honest, I can't stand Duel Monsters. after reading the first 7 volumes and the original *toei* show, it just pales in comparison. and Yugi gets on my nerves.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I hadn't noticed that he was so into stabbing people. The guy needs help. But I have to agree about him being the most insane villain in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series. I thought that Yami Bakura was a bit more interesting, but at least he was calm most of the time. Yami Marik was just crazy. Well, at least he wasn't into children's cartoons :rolleyes:

Yami Bakura was the more calculating villain. Everything he did he made sure that he had a back up plan, making him near perfect as the final villain of the original series. That is why no matter how many times he lost he could come right back. Yami Marik was a powerful insane lunatic. They cut all his scenes of stabbing with the rod. In fact if you watch only the dub you wouldn't know the rod has a razor sharp edge to stab with. I think LK keeps that in his videos too.

Lorde

Yami Bakura was the more calculating villain. Everything he did he made sure that he had a back up plan, making him near perfect as the final villain of the original series. That is why no matter how many times he lost he could come right back. Yami Marik was a powerful insane lunatic. They cut all his scenes of stabbing with the rod. In fact if you watch only the dub you wouldn't know the rod has a razor sharp edge to stab with. I think LK keeps that in his videos too.

I liked that he had back-up plans for everything he did. It's just too bad that he didn't get to play the role of a major villain until the end of the series. But yeah, I just noticed that the Millenium Rod had a sharp edge that could be used to injure someone. I think that actually made it more lethal than its usual ability :s

Nyter

Island Challenger
I kinda do.. But I stopped watching after the season where they were trapped in that Virtual World...

Then they pulled out some Orichalcus whatever thing!

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The censorship would have been even worst if the Japanese anime kept some of the stuff he did in the manga. Skinning his dad alive while laughing and then throwing the skin on top of his foster brother is much more disturbing than his stabbing.

I liked that he had back-up plans for everything he did. It's just too bad that he didn't get to play the role of a major villain until the end of the series.
He was kind of a major villain when he was first introduced, then reduced to a behind-the-scenes villain manipulating things to further his goals (like pretending to be on Yugi's side for half of the manga until the Battle Ship saga in order to implant his soul into the puzzle), and then everything came to fruition in the final saga where the effects of the things he did were upped to epic proportions.

I think he was handled nicely with his Xanatos Roulette and Takahashi was foreshadowing his role as the final villain since the beginning. :p

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
I watch Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. Now it is my favourite all time show besides Pokemon!
Anyone knows about the lawsuit of 4Kids? or the 12 episode skip of 5Ds?
I'm confused about it.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Yami Bakura was awesome. It's a shame that he didn't get to play a bigger role earlier or make a reappearance in GX.

Lorde

Yami Bakura was awesome. It's a shame that he didn't get to play a bigger role earlier or make a reappearance in GX.

About Yami Bakura:

He died in the original series, so having him appear in GX would've been a bad move.

While I did enjoy the main antagonists in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series, I also really enjoyed some of the minor antagonists like Dartz. I like that he at least received some character development, even if it happened right at the end of the Waking the Dragons arc. Well, better late than never I guess.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
[img139]http://www.lurkmore.com/w/images/6/62/118613040557.jpg[/img139]

One thing I hated about the anime was the character designs (or, at least, the episodes featuring horrible animators). Yuugi and Dark Yuugi both grow in height during the course of the manga, yet in the anime he towers over Yuugi while Yuugi stays an imp... Looks extremely weird. Even in the good-looking episodes, they don't fix this.

The characters also wear better outfits in the manga (yes, they altered their gear in some episodes for whatever reason). Not usually a big problem, but Dark Yuugi wearing footy PJs under his school jacket during Duelist Kingdom didn't sit well with me, especially when he's supposed to be wearing whatever Yuugi's wearing.

Last edited:

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
About Yami Bakura:

He died in the original series, so having him appear in GX would've been a bad move.

While I did enjoy the main antagonists in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series, I also really enjoyed some of the minor antagonists like Dartz. I like that he at least received some character development, even if it happened right at the end of the Waking the Dragons arc. Well, better late than never I guess.
Technically the same happen to Pegasus and he got to come back multiple times. But I guess Pegasus had a whole other purpose.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yami Bakura in Gx would not have worked. What purpose would he have? The Gx cast had their own share of villains and there simply would be no place for Yami Bakura. They finished him off quite well in the original. While I'm glad we got Yugi and Kaiba cameos in Gx it was a smart move to remove the older cast. They would overshadow the new cast. Same with 5d's.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
No. Nobody here watches that anmore. It's probably been around 4 years since I can remember the last hardcore fanatic here.

gliscor&yanmega

No. Nobody here watches that anmore. It's probably been around 4 years since I can remember the last hardcore fanatic here.

What do you mean nobody here watches it? I do, and I've seen plenty of people in this thread saying they watch it still.

Anyways, I'm a little annoyed that 12 episodes have been skipped in 5Ds. The Ragnarok duelist I'm interested in and everything but I would have liked to see the other episode prior to it, some of them seemed to have importance to the plot. I think I may just watch subs of it, I prefer watching the dub for Yugioh but it doesn't seem like these episode will be shown anytime soon.

Lorde

Yami Bakura in Gx would not have worked. What purpose would he have? The Gx cast had their own share of villains and there simply would be no place for Yami Bakura. They finished him off quite well in the original. While I'm glad we got Yugi and Kaiba cameos in Gx it was a smart move to remove the older cast. They would overshadow the new cast. Same with 5d's.

I agree that GX had its own set of villains, and that was to be expected since it was a separate series. Still, I think Yami Bakura was an amazing villain in the original Yu-Gi-Oh!, and maybe GX wouldn't have seemed so boring if it had a villain like Yami Bakura present. I know it never would have happened, but the idea of having him there was pretty appealing.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I agree that GX had its own set of villains, and that was to be expected since it was a separate series. Still, I think Yami Bakura was an amazing villain in the original Yu-Gi-Oh!, and maybe GX wouldn't have seemed so boring if it had a villain like Yami Bakura present. I know it never would have happened, but the idea of having him there was pretty appealing.

Yami Bakura was a great villain. One of the best in the Yu-gi-oh world (Second to Yami Marik for me XD) but again what purpose would he have? Attack a duelist school? Sounds like a major downgrade from taking on the Pharaoh in ancient Egypt with living God Cards, Exodia, and Zork clashing. I'm very glad none of the old cast were regulars on Gx. Cameos and references are always welcome and even small crossovers like the 5d's movie are welcome, but for them to appear back to back is to much and it cripples the young blood of the new cast. I'm just a guy who loves change. I love getting fresh new starts while at the same time respecting the old.