• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does anyone watchYu-Gi-Oh, anymore?

5blackout55

Ace Trainer Blackout
Anybody watches Zexal? Exceed Summon is so damn cool! that duelist spirit its Zexal Yami Yugi or something...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Anybody watches Zexal? Exceed Summon is so damn cool! that duelist spirit its Zexal Yami Yugi or something...

I've watched some of the episodes, but I still can't really get into the series. It's probably because I don't have the cards featured in the anime yet. I usually get into the various Yu-Gi-Oh! series when I have the same cards that are being featured in them, but since I lack Zexal cards, I just can't relate to the series at all. It's a shame, since the characters seemed interesting when they were revealed a few months back.

Lorde

Anybody seen Super Fusion! Bonds that Trancends Time.

I enjoyed it

I finally got to see it. I sort of knew what to expect from the movie, and I got most of what I had predicted. It was just sort of average in my opinion. It was better than Pyramid of Light, but not totally mind-blowing. I quite enjoyed seeing Yugi, Jaden and Yusei interact with each other, though. That was the highlight of the entire film for me.

English or japanese? I saw the english version and it's pretty good.

Aren't they the same thing?

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
English or japanese? I saw the english version and it's pretty good.

Either or, I saw the english in theater and recently watched the japanese version (made a yugioh duels dvd)

I finally got to see it. I sort of knew what to expect from the movie, and I got most of what I had predicted. It was just sort of average in my opinion. It was better than Pyramid of Light, but not totally mind-blowing. I quite enjoyed seeing Yugi, Jaden and Yusei interact with each other, though. That was the highlight of the entire film for me.

True, reminds me how people were disappointed that Yugi didn't summon the 3 gods, Juudai didn't summon God Neos, and/or Yusei using Savior Stardust Dragon. I mean really thats expecting way to much, even just two gods are way to much.

Aren't they the same thing?

depends... there was a scene where dialogue was changed to where Jaden didn't buy the whole time changing a bit *until he looked on his laptop*. Paradox speech was more focused on the "Cardsgames are evil* in the english version.

also a scene in the english when Jaden says "Wow. I've seen some big monsters in my time, but that one takes the cake!" about Malefic Truth Dragon.

then Yusei replies "Yeah, and looks like he ate it too."
========

so who here saw the movie in theaters. how was your experience.

gliscor&yanmega

I just finished watching the episodes skipped by the dub in 5D's. I wish the episodes weren't skipped, I enjoyed the episodes and I was even a little iffy on Team Taiyo/Sun since appearance wise they looked like nobodies but they were pretty cool and interesting to me. Still those three are some of the weirdest looking characters I've seen in Yugioh overall lol.

Oh well, now that I watched those episodes I'm all ready for the dub of Ragnarok.

I think I might watch Zexal, it looks interesting to me(Odd looking characters though but that just makes them more attention grabbing). Although I'd have to watch this in subs since it probably wont get dubbed for a while.

Also interested in watching the Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D Bonds Beyond Time movie(Hopefully I can find it dub but I'll watch subs if I have to).

Lorde

True, reminds me how people were disappointed that Yugi didn't summon the 3 gods, Juudai didn't summon God Neos, and/or Yusei using Savior Stardust Dragon. I mean really thats expecting way to much, even just two gods are way to much.

I guess some people were expecting a little too much from the movie. Well, I'm happy that things still turned out fine in the end. The character interactions in the movie were decent, and I got my free trading card, so I'm pleased. I hope they release another Yu-Gi-Oh! movie in the future, possibly one that focuses more on Yugi than on Jaden or Yusei.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
A better anniversary treat would have been them finally animating the chapters they skipped as an OVA. I want to see the first chapter and the real Death-T animated by NAS, dammit! Just disregard the plot holes that would ensue with the material they already have. 8D

Or do another manga adaptation without the filler + a Yuugiou R film.

Last edited:

Lorde

I think I might watch Zexal, it looks interesting to me(Odd looking characters though but that just makes them more attention grabbing). Although I'd have to watch this in subs since it probably wont get dubbed for a while.

The character designs seem to get weirder with every passing series. I still don't like the look of the main protagonist character in Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and I think attention-grabbing designs are going to be the downfall of the series. I mean, there's only so much detail you can add to a character before they become totally ridiculous-looking. Anyway, I don't expect the dub to be released for a while, but I'm looking forward to something good.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I still like Yugioh. I like the first version the best. Atem is awesome. 5Ds is almost as good as the original. Yusei is awesome and I'm sad that he and Akiza didn't become a couple and that most of them quit dueling. Also Jack may be world king of turbo dueling, but he never beat Yusei so Yusei is still the king of turbo duels, it's like Kaiba but with a British accent. Akiza is awesome, she kicks butt and still looks good while doing it. I didn't like GX. I liked Jaden's personality and cards..... I can't say anything good besides that. I hope Zexal isn't bad.

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
I've seen some of the Zexal subbed episodes on dailymotion.com, and it's not all that bad. Yuma has an interesting personality that you can easily grow fond of, with Jaden's fun-loving personality as well as Atem's over-dramatizing qualities. A common feat among Yugioh protogonists is reacting on impulse, using deuls as a sort of peacemaker, and Yuma is no exception.

What sets Yuma apart from the previous main characters is that his not that great of a deulist. The other main characters rarely lost and easily won, but not Yuma who can't seem to win a deul without the help of Astral and the numbers cards. This gives room for a lot of personal and skill development, similiar but not the same to Yugi in the beginning (who could hold his own in a deul) but defeating Atem (meh..) in the end of the series.

Astral is a dueling spirit who lost his memories, same as Atem. Now he can also only regain his memories by dueling and winning numbers cards, same as Atem needing the god cards. However Astral unlocks more and more pieces with the more cards he wins, in contrast to Atem who had to relive his ancient live.

I'm really excited about what this series will deliver, and it's definitley worth checking out! I recommend at least watch the first few episodes! Only then can you start rendering your verdict ~^^*

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I've been watching Zexal out of obligation, as I quit 5D's after the Signers arc, episode 65ish, the ghost gimmick and wisel looked like a crack idea. I went back and jumped in/watched most of the episodes after 90ish to the end early this year and regretted dropping it.

Only now in the recent weeks with Shark reappearing and Kaito/Number Hunter showing up has it gotten interesting.

The whole Astral parallels Yami and Numbers Gimmicks feel very unoriginal.

Sam2010

Cheers
@Allio- I saw the movie I thought it was good, I loved all of Jadens comedic comments/moments. XD

Zark

{5D's Elite Duelist}
I loved the movie too!

I thought I might see one of the following or maybe all: Absolute Zero, Gaia, The Shining. Nova Master, Great Tornado and Escuradio (can't spell his weird name).

But all I saw was Neos Knight which was decent too.
I only watched it because of Jaden and the Malefic Monsters.

I wished they had a Malefic Neos and Malefic Red Dragon Archfiend!

I like how the movie is part of the story in 5D's, normally movies are separated from the actual episodes.