1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone ...

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by lisalover, Mar 14, 2009.

1. lisalover

lisalover I'm a KA water bunny

I don't know if this thread has been started before, but I've got a question for you guys:

Does anyone battle without using lvl 100 EV trained pokemon anymore?

When I first got the game, I would exchange passes and see normaly(sp) raised pokemon. But today it hit me. I had at least 10 battles today, some wins and some losses, but there was one thing in commom with each of my opponents. When I checked out their battle passes, all ten of them had pokemon all at level 100 with god like stats.

I'm not trying to rant, I'm not upset about it, but I'm just wondering if anybody else battle without using EV pokemon.

2. ~Kirbychu~

~Kirbychu~ ಠ_ಠ

I'm battling with weaker Pokemon, but only because some hacker on the GTS got my file deleted (Hacked legend), and I have but 2 eved Pokemon. Those particular Pokemon are still only level 50 as I'm using them for the 2009 Tournament.

3. dragon-dark-master

dragon-dark-master Thanks SPPf. TTYL

I only dont battle with LV. 100 EV trained pokemon if im doing the baby battle!

Or else your at a weakness...

4. Sapphiredragon929

Sapphiredragon929 A r t i f i c e.

I don't. My pokemon are just a strong, they still have a great capacity. I even make the good movesets, and stuff. And most of my battles are hackers with Pokesav stuff, and I still win.

5. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

I don't.
    I just use my in game team (with a few revisions here and there), who has EVs all over the place and on a first-come first-serve basis

I do fairly well

6. Luxray_Master

Luxray_Master Member

I use the Lvl. 50 All rule set with my team that's all around 60.

7. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I EV train my Pokemon and then raise them to Lv50 and then leave them.

8. Casimir

Casimir Good boy.

I actually sometimes use my regular old team in PBR to see how they fair. I made a battle pass for them anyways.
    As far as yesterday went, though, I did use my most recent fully EV'ed level 100 guys. :x

I agree with dragon-dark-master, though. However, it's not in his own words, you really are at a bit of a disadvantage if your non-EV'ed pokemon are set up against a fully EV'ed team. Knowing how people are when it comes to Wi-Fi battling, a lot of people aim to battle competitively, and EV training is a must for them.

I personally could never pass up a potential extra 63 stats points in two stats of my choice.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  9. Ranma

Ranma Noob

I'm too lazy to train my ev trained pokemon to level 100. And I'm too lazy to EV train any other pokemon, so I only have 7 good pokemon...

10. Miltank Lover

Miltank Lover Breeder, Miltank Ftw

I'm fighting with my 50 fully Ev'd trained pokemon variating from UU - Uber. I've done over 200 battles and in my last 20 I'm pretty i've only encountered people who had Ev trained pokemon.

11. Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Shadow_Lugia_XD001 Guess who's back

I don't. I hav'nt got any lvl100 pokemon (my highest on pearl is lvl56 ATM) and I don't know how to EV train, so I level my pokemon up by battling random pokemon then transfer them to PBR and see what happens. Although, saying that, I have beaten many lvl100 teams that use ubers and legendaries with just 3 pokemon who were leveled between lvl36 to 49, I was pretty damn proud of them! LOL

;249-d;

12. I do. I use lv.100 non-EV trained pokemon, as my sig suggests. None of the pokemon I am training or the methods I'm using break what is in my sig. Of course, I still win quite a bit; most of the time Weavile and Gallade come in handy when it comes to facing those relying on legendaries.

13. BlitzBlast

BlitzBlast Busy with School

Eh, occasionally.

I just ported in my GBA teams.

Legendaries are really annoying, but seeing as how most of them suck/spam the SAME MOVE (Dialga and Roar of Time), any pokemon can wipe the floor with them.

I remember owning one Dialga with a ****ing Machop. Swords Dance + Baton Pass + Choice Band + Cross Chop FTW.

14. lisalover

lisalover I'm a KA water bunny

Well it's refreshing to know that there are others out their who don't use EVs! I find as long as you've got a good team, there not that big of a problem. Unless you're facing an EV Darkari, Shaymen, and Arceus in the same 3v3 battle.

Okay now here's another question, How annoying are Hakers.

Today, I would have won but a girl somehow was able to land a Thunder on my Gliscor. Last time I checked, Thunder was electric and Gliscor was half ground.

15. BunnieRabbot91

BunnieRabbot91 Live Without Warning

I EV train my Pokémon and then level them up to level 100 thats mainly because I use the exact Pokémon for level 100 WiFi battles on Pearl. And when I used to leave their levels at 50 I'd battle trainers who had leveled theirs up to 100.

16. Blivsey

Blivsey DATA_ERROR

I never touch IVs, but I am guilty of having used EVs to my advantage. On the other hand, half of my usual team (Empoleon, Blaziken, Gardevoir) comes from runthroughs of the metagame, so they were never properly EV trained. Yet they're still valuable team members, and I use them every bit as much as the ones I've trained seriously. It's kind of an emotional attachment, y'know?

In response to lisalover, I know what you mean. I swear that i ran into Darkrai three times yesterday (one of them shiny), and at least one team completely made of shinies. Also, I remember using Surf against a T-tar and having it only do one-quarter damage before it swept the rest of me. Its special defense shouldn't be THAT good.

17. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

well it depends on which pokemon i want to use, i have an EV trained team which i use normaly and i have a ingame team which i got lucky with when it came to stats IV's and such, sometimes i switch teams for the fun.

18. TheMagician

TheMagician Illusion & Deception

I EV train all the time. The Pokemon I battle with now are fully EV trained, and I feel that it has made my life a lot easier in Pokemon games in general these days. EV training may be a huge pain in the rear at times, but I feel that its worth the trouble. Normally, my EV trained Pokemon stay at Lv50, but I can't guarantee that they'll stay there. My Gardevoir is Lv82 at present, so there's an example. I suppose it depends on how much I like the Pokemon. lol

My other Pokemon that aren't properly trained I battle with sometimes as well, but those times are just for fun.

You don't have to EV train... Its just that a lot of people these days do. Best to go prepared sometimes.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  19. calum

calum Banned

I EV train just because i want to get good, all the good people ev train

20. revolvingscott

revolvingscott Well-Known Member

I don't EV train,
    I've only got a good idea of how to but the only team I use (unless I'm bored and want to shake things up) are the team I use ingame and they started;
    Meganium = Twinleaf Town (Lvl 1)
    Typhlosion = Above (Lvl 1)
    Blastoise = Above (Lvl 1)
    Jessybella (Chatot) = Route 222 (Lvl 41 (Newcomer))
    Ritchie (Raichu) is a wild card cause I traded him from my Pearl at a rather late stage (Say, 7th Gym)
    Joanna (Golem) Same as above but earlier (She wasn't trained, I just ahd never had a Golem)
    And they just went through the game with me battling and trainign with the nearest highest level pokémon available.