• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Ash having NO Water Pokémon and multiple empty slots hint an Ash-Greninja return for the league

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Btw, I'm not a fanboy, it's just a genuine thought that just came to my mind. It's soo late in the generation for Ash to still have caught so few Pokémon! I can't fathom why! Every league except Indigo has had Ash in at least one battle where he needed a team of six.. he's going to end up needing reserves likely.

Btw, whether you agree or disagree (and btw I'm not sure what I myself think about this; it's just an idea) can we please refrain from attacking XY and/or vice versa I just want genuine thoughts on the likelihood of this possibility and why Ash has so few Pokémon this gen

Red and Blue

The lack of a water Pokemon shouldn't be taken as a sign for Greninja's return. He didnt have a grass type in Kalos

As for the empty slots the recent Poipole merchandise and presence in the ending gives me faith it will return for the league. Sure Greninja could take the last spot but I wouldnt give up on a final capture just yet.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
No because the moment Ash left Kalos, Alain relished his chance and captured Greninja for his own taking.
Yes! And I wanted to see Alain-Greninja transformation too!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
No because the moment Ash left Kalos, Alain relished his chance and captured Greninja for his own taking.

Oh ha ha ha! What a way to drop a bridge on the frog!

Anyways, I doubt Ash is getting that pokemon back since Kalos if we are thinking the distance from Hawaii and France, is too far away and Greninja was released to help Zygarde restore balance to the region.

But... if he is using reserves, he should bring Charizard and one of his many Tauros. It worked for him in the Orange League... it can work in the Alolan League.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
As much as I'd love the show fixing the mistake of releasing Greninja, I don't think that's a hint.

After all, Ash did finish Kalos without a grass type despite those being a tradition on his teams.

Ashton Ketchum

I have one theory: Let's look at the final credits of Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. So - rewind time at 02:38. Where in Alola, in Resolution Cave, where Guzzlord was in the usual Sun/Moon, Zygarde arrives himself. And as we remember, at the end of XYZ, Greninja remained in Kalos to defend Zygarde and the region itself. So, what did Zygarde forget in these games? Well, besides waiting to be caught by us. Maybe - give us a hint at something? Although it could be caught in the Ultra Space, such as, for example, Rayquaza and Girantina. And here you can easily catch him in Alola. And without collecting its cores and cells throughout the region. Did he find one of these cells here? If so, then being without 100% of the state, he would need a defender. And in the anime it is just - Greninja! And this can be a good and logical basis for his return. He finished his business in Kalos, and together with Squishy and Z-2, he could go to Alola, in search of a single cell, which brought very far after the attack of Team Flare. In parallel with this, meeting Ash and Co, and after this cell was found, Squishy and Z-2 returned to Kalos, and Greninja, with a sense of accomplishment, remained with Ash. And he remains in the team for the last 30-35 series of SM (and will remain in Kanto with Pofessor Oak. Or Tracy and/or Gary).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
and will remain in Kanto with Pofessor Oak. Or Tracy and/or Gary).
I do definitely get a Charizard vibe from Greninja, in the sense that I don't think it will remain with Squishy forever, just like Charizard didn't stay with Liza forever. Finally, at the end of BW, multiple generations later, it did come to Oak's Lab. I don't know whether it will happen in SM or the future but I definitely see a similar arc with Greninja sometime.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Bring back the Wott!

SatoSereFan224888

I doubt Greninja will return in Alola. I have a theory that Ash went to Alola BEFORE he went to Kalos.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I doubt Greninja will return in Alola. I have a theory that Ash went to Alola BEFORE he went to Kalos.
Then how would have Ash known what Mega Evolution was when facing Misty and seeing Mega Steelix?

Caveman: Your theory bad *smashes theory*

Thanks, Caveman!

SatoSereFan224888

Then how would have Ash known what Mega Evolution was when facing Misty and seeing Mega Steelix?

Caveman: Your theory bad *smashes theory*

Thanks, Caveman!

Uh, he went to school so I think Kukui had a class talking about mega evolution.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Uh, he went to school so I think Kukui had a class talking about mega evolution.
Then I suppose he goes to Kalos and just says "Mega Evolution? What's that?" after knowing about Megas beforehand! What an odd thing to think about!

SatoSereFan224888

Then I suppose he goes to Kalos and just says "Mega Evolution? What's that?" after knowing about Megas beforehand! What an odd thing to think about!

Alola Ash is immature compared to Kalos Ash. I think Ash went to Alola before he went to Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. Besides of all the SM episodes I watched, Kalos is barely mentioned at all. But I also feel the SM takes place in an alternate universe compared to Kalos. It’s just a theory, a anime theory.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Alola Ash is immature compared to Kalos Ash. I think Ash went to Alola before he went to Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. Besides of all the SM episodes I watched, Kalos is barely mentioned at all. But I also feel the SM takes place in an alternate universe compared to Kalos. It’s just a theory, a anime theory.
Woah woah woah

Did you just say those two words?

Those two words are frowned upon here. Here on these forums we say Mirror Verses instead! It's a cultural thing~ And you have JUST disgraced PAD with your words. >=( Mirror Verses are like this site's market of vases and pet gerbils. It's what keeps PAD together! It's what keeps Caveman happy! It's what partly keeps the SPPf Exchange Program running! Besides only I can say them as I've been blessed the ability to say it without awakening Mt. Forumus. And you saying those two words just made you an outlaw!

---

Anyway, as I said Alain took Greninja for his own so /thread

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I doubt it's actually an anime theory imo. The anime producers just alter a little bit of Ash personality in order to fit the theme of the series he's in, and if you don't like to see Ash being immature, well that's too bad for you. Besides, the lack of continuities isn't uncommon anymore, Ash didn't mention much about the past regions in XY either.

SatoSereFan224888

Woah woah woah

Did you just say those two words?

Those two words are frowned upon here. Here on these forums we say Mirror Verses instead! It's a cultural thing~ And you have JUST disgraced PAD with your words. >=( Mirror Verses are like this site's market of vases and pet gerbils. It's what keeps PAD together! It's what keeps Caveman happy! It's what partly keeps the SPPf Exchange Program running! Besides only I can say them as I've been blessed the ability to say it without awakening Mt. Forumus. And you saying those two words just made you an outlaw!

---

Anyway, as I said Alain took Greninja for his own so /thread
So Alternate Universe is like profanity in the Serebii forums? CRAP! NEVER KNEW! Don't ban me!