• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Ash having NO Water Pokémon and multiple empty slots hint an Ash-Greninja return for the league

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'm expecting Kartana to appear under a Kartenvoy's command. Completely blanked on Pheromosa, though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I personally hope not. Greninja had his time to shine. I really want to see other Pokémon been in the spotlight for once. The anime already is pushing Eevee and other popular Pokémon like Lucario and Charizard so much. We don't need another fame jacker into the mix.
I'm pretty sure the last two aren't even as prominent as Eevee is this saga.

...Yet.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm pretty sure the last two aren't even as prominent as Eevee is this saga.

...Yet.
The extent of Lucario's prominence in the Gen VII anime, as far as I can remember, is only the fact that Sorrel had one in the movie. It hasn't had a prominent role in an episode arc as far as I can remember, which is more than I can say for the last 3 generations, so for that I am thankful.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gladion has Lucario in game so it could appear

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Gladion has Lucario in game so it could appear

Knowing how much this anime loves to wank lucario i doubt it he has one ottherwise anime team would have not missed him showing in every other episodes which is quite surprising they haven't given him to match his game team .

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The extent of Lucario's prominence in the Gen VII anime, as far as I can remember, is only the fact that Sorrel had one in the movie. It hasn't had a prominent role in an episode arc as far as I can remember, which is more than I can say for the last 3 generations, so for that I am thankful.
Oh yeah. Who can forget his Lucario...standing around.

Literally. That's almost all it did. I was absolutely shocked this came from the writers who usually love forcing it down our throats.

Knowing how much this anime loves to wank lucario i doubt it he has one ottherwise anime team would have not missed him showing in every other episodes which is quite surprising they haven't given him to match his game team .

I'm pretty sure that, unlike Sorrel's, Gladion won't even have it with him in this universe. Too late for that ship to arrive.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't see why Satoshi's lack of a Water-type in SM would imply that he'll need to bring Gekkouga back. That's like saying that he needed to reuse Fushigidane or Jukain in XY&Z just because he lacked a Grass-type then. Gekkouga is as irrelevant these days as any other bygone Gen VI Pokemon, anyway.

Kintaro

Banned
I don't see why Satoshi's lack of a Water-type in SM would imply that he'll need to bring Gekkouga back. That's like saying that he needed to reuse Fushigidane or Jukain in XY&Z just because he lacked a Grass-type then. Gekkouga is as irrelevant these days as any other bygone Gen VI Pokemon, anyway.

Charizard appeared in BW out of nowhere

Nodame

Misty <3
I want to see Greninja but not now. I am much more interested in SM regional Pokémon than others tbh.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

No one said anything about "needing". I am wondering whether the writers have not given him a Water type on purpose already planning ahead for the return

DatsRight

The problem is that Greninja was a deathly serious character for most of its run after evolving who seldom interacted with anyone but its trainer, which would really break the flow with Ash's current team and this series' more comedic output.

To make him work he'd either have to be out of focus whenever the story reverts to light hearted or be regressed back to his more 'comically serious' personality that he had as a Froakie.

Along with Greninja already pretty much meeting its full potential and risking outshining the Alolan team, there would be more room for any previous Water Pokemon like Squirtle, Oshawott or Totodile to make a return than him, given their less story breaking power and more comical personalities, though even then I wouldn't place heavy bets on them returning either.

Last edited: