• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Ash really deserve to win a league?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Problem is: does the writers think the Ash deserves to win? If they did then Ash would have won Unova and/or Kalos.

Inb4 executive meddling.

Also writer 3 is sooooo gonna get it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It's more like

Writer 1: We should do something.
Writer 2: Should we do something?
Writer 3: We should spin a wheel and see what place Ash should get before he loses.
All: Genius!

It'd be Wheel of Fortune style in which "CHAMPION" is cramped between two "DISQUALIFICATION"s or "AUTOMATIC LOSS"es.

And Writer 3 won't get the credit for the creation of that wheel.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
Actually it's more of

Writer 1: Ummm, what happens if Ash beats a league again?

Writer 2: I think he becomes a master?

Writer 1: Wouldn't that mean we can't use our cash cow anymore?

Writer 2: I don't know, I've forgotten how our show works ages ago.

Writer 3: I'm pretty sure winning a tournament doesn't automatically make him a mast-

Writer 1 and 2: SHUT UP WRITER 3 WE KNOW WHAT WERE DOING!!

Writer 1: So it's agreed that he'll lose the league, and we can keep making money.

Writer 2: Yeah, it's not like heroes in shonen anime win things anyway.

Thank you if you didn't stop reading that.

Pretty sure for they Kalos league, if all was a normal loss, they hired the one from the Gold/Silver games that had the idea to replace the Graveyard Tower with a Radio Station.

He's the protagonist. If he trains hard and builds up a well rounded team, he deserves to win. BW Ash did not have a well rounded team at all, though DP Ash did. XY Ash's team is a little less well rounded, though it was very well trained and powerful. DP and XY Ash deserved to win the leagues, though the absurd status quo keeps him from winning. The writers continue to hold onto the absurd belief that Ash winning a league would end his journey, though we know he'd still have the Champion's League to go through to reach the Champion, so winning league realistically wouldn't end his journey. Also, with the way Ash is written, I doubt after winning one league he'd just stop. He loves to travel and meet new Pokemon, so he would continue on if he heard about a region he hasn't been to. So yeah, I believe Ash does deserve to win a league.

If these writers understood what they were writing and how these things look and seem outside, Ash would be Champion 5 days ago. But unfortunately they don't seem to care either , on top of what i said above. It's rather pointless making assumptions when you know where their coming from. Oh well i guess ill have to watch Ash winning his first league when my grandchild hits pre-adolescence. Like seriously...

PokéAnon

Actually it's more of

Writer 1: Ummm, what happens if Ash beats a league again?

Writer 2: I think he becomes a master?

Writer 1: Wouldn't that mean we can't use our cash cow anymore?

Writer 2: I don't know, I've forgotten how our show works ages ago.

Writer 3: I'm pretty sure winning a tournament doesn't automatically make him a mast-

Writer 1 and 2: SHUT UP WRITER 3 WE KNOW WHAT WERE DOING!!

Writer 1: So it's agreed that he'll lose the league, and we can keep making money.

Writer 2: Yeah, it's not like heroes in shonen anime win things anyway.

Thank you if you didn't stop reading that.

Well. time to overhaul the production team. I think Ash deserved to win the Kalos League after Best Wishes was such a big mess and all the development he went through out XY and XYZ, but instead of swallowing their pride and take the risk, they go for the same thing that's been happening for 20 years and loses at the league for the 6th time in a row, even though he was this close of winning the thing. TV Tokyo will have to realize that they can't keep this trend going forever as it'll get both stale and repetitive and more viewers will stop watching altogether.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Well. time to overhaul the production team. I think Ash deserved to win the Kalos League after Best Wishes was such a big mess and all the development he went through out XY and XYZ, but instead of swallowing their pride and take the risk, they go for the same thing that's been happening for 20 years and loses at the league for the 6th time in a row, even though he was this close of winning the thing. TV Tokyo will have to realize that they can't keep this trend going forever as it'll get both stale and repetitive and more viewers will stop watching altogether.

Yeah, it just sort of stings after all the traditions they were breaking this series, THIS is the one tradition they decided not to break and I don't get why. It's not like him winning would alter the Team Flare arc in any way. So why?!

Yeah, it just sort of stings after all the traditions they were breaking this series, THIS is the one tradition they decided not to break and I don't get why. It's not like him winning would alter the Team Flare arc in any way. So why?!

Because they can. And because there are still people with no dignity that are , again still, willing to sit back and see what they make in the hope of it being good. But since there is no self appreciation and people rather hand them their time's worth just for them to trash it alongside their shows quality, instead of lynching them at plain sight. Idk this lot deserves it. The manipulation is so evident that is sickening. And what's more sickening is that people let that just slide. The anime should have been brought to cancelation the moment we laid eyes on the Cameron turd.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
As far as leagues go I wouldn't mind him winning this league if Sinnoh was before it. I didn't like Unova and it felt out of place for league rankings.

SoundVoltex

Because they can. And because there are still people with no dignity that are , again still, willing to sit back and see what they make in the hope of it being good. But since there is no self appreciation and people rather hand them their time's worth just for them to trash it alongside their shows quality, instead of lynching them at plain sight. Idk this lot deserves it. The manipulation is so evident that is sickening. And what's more sickening is that people let that just slide. The anime should have been brought to cancelation the moment we laid eyes on the Cameron turd.

Hard to give an unbiased opinion with that user name huh?

I think this thread served its purpose though. Ash deserves a conference league win period. Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kalos, and even Johto to some extent has shown that he deserves it. Since Johto, we've seen Ash as an A-tier, and would be S-tier if he chose his strongest reserves (Conference League wise).

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ash deserves a conference league win period. Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kalos, and even Johto to some extent has shown that he deserves it.

Ehhh... I think the Silver League was just a way to bring Ash and Gary's rivalry to rest, a conclusion that came like... three years too late? Not helped that Gary hardly showed up in Johto at all, so Ash never really had a rival to look forward to. Harrison was a nice guy and all, but he did have Pokémon that Ash hadn't seen before (mainly with Blaziken, since he had seen a Kechleon 60+ episodes prior), and Blaziken and Charizard had a pretty cool fight, but he still lost. Yeah, it kinda sucked that Harrison lost to Jon Dickson (lol that name), but no one cared.

I don't remember the Hoenn League all too well, thus why I'm playing catch-up with the anime as-is, but something about a Meowth wearing cowboy boots for no reason (even though it's an homage to Puss in Boots) always did kind of bother me.

SoundVoltex

Ehhh... I think the Silver League was just a way to bring Ash and Gary's rivalry to rest, a conclusion that came like... three years too late? Not helped that Gary hardly showed up in Johto at all, so Ash never really had a rival to look forward to. Harrison was a nice guy and all, but he did have Pokémon that Ash hadn't seen before (mainly with Blaziken, since he had seen a Kechleon 60+ episodes prior), and Blaziken and Charizard had a pretty cool fight, but he still lost. Yeah, it kinda sucked that Harrison lost to Jon Dickson (lol that name), but no one cared.

I don't remember the Hoenn League all too well, thus why I'm playing catch-up with the anime as-is, but something about a Meowth wearing cowboy boots for no reason (even though it's an homage to Puss in Boots) always did kind of bother me.

Silver League definitely was for that purpose, but it showed that Ash had made a huge progression versus his Kanto self. He was definitely a top rated trainer, conference league wise at that point. Harrison was the favorite to win the league after he beat Ash. In the anime, they said that if it weren't for his Blazekin out of commission, he would have straight up won... which is why I said he's shown prowess to some extent in Johto.

Hoenn, Ash lost to the eventual winner of the conference league, but it's really up in the air since Tyson was struggling harder than Ash before the full battles phase of the tournament. It's arguable that Ash was the second strongest trainer there though.

In hindsight, he's been a contender for the championship league since Johto, excluding Unova.

Last edited:

FulgoreX

Banned
I think Ash should have made it to the Top 4 in Hoenn. I don't get why they had him come in Top 8 two sagas in a row. They could have skipped a battle (like how the Kalos league skipped a ton of battles) to still fit the league into the usual 7-8 episodes.

Ash should have won the Sinnoh league either with Tobias never being introduced, or Tobias only having one legendary and just 5 regular pokemon like how Alan's other pokes were easy to beat.

I think most people feel DP and XY is where Ash got screwed over to win the leagues the most. Both sagas he should have won. Him losing Kanto/Johto/Hoenn was fine, and we don't speak of Unova, but Sinnoh and Kalos should have been wins.

SoundVoltex

I think Ash should have made it to the Top 4 in Hoenn. I don't get why they had him come in Top 8 two sagas in a row. They could have skipped a battle (like how the Kalos league skipped a ton of battles) to still fit the league into the usual 7-8 episodes.

Ash should have won the Sinnoh league either with Tobias never being introduced, or Tobias only having one legendary and just 5 regular pokemon like how Alan's other pokes were easy to beat.

I think most people feel DP and XY is where Ash got screwed over to win the leagues the most. Both sagas he should have won. Him losing Kanto/Johto/Hoenn was fine, and we don't speak of Unova, but Sinnoh and Kalos should have been wins.

It's not a matter of most people thing, it's more so it's fact that the writers introduced Tobias as a tool for Ash to lose the conference. It became painfully obvious when Darkrai took out three of his Pokes in like 10 minutes. Kalos definitely should have been a win in both Alain participating and not participating. Ash should have been victorious in both scenarios, but he wasn't in the scenario the writers chose.

Oh well.

Hard to give an unbiased opinion with that user name huh?

I think this thread served its purpose though. Ash deserves a conference league win period. Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kalos, and even Johto to some extent has shown that he deserves it. Since Johto, we've seen Ash as an A-tier, and would be S-tier if he chose his strongest reserves (Conference League wise).

Pretty hard yea and its non of your business. This thread will serve its purpose when everyone here feel the need to stop writing in it not when you say so lmao.

marrycherrylips

in my opinion ash will win other smaller competitions such as the battle frontier or others like it but i have always felt like winning a league would happen at the end. i see winning a league as the completion of his journey. i know his goal is to become a pokemon master but what does that mean?

i see it as meaning when he wins a league and beats the reigning champion his journey will be done.

he was never winning here. once that episode title for the 2nd half of ash v.s alain was revealed his fate to lose the final was sealed.

in my opinion ash will win other smaller competitions such as the battle frontier or others like it but i have always felt like winning a league would happen at the end. i see winning a league as the completion of his journey. i know his goal is to become a pokemon master but what does that mean?

i see it as meaning when he wins a league and beats the reigning champion his journey will be done.

he was never winning here. once that episode title for the 2nd half of ash v.s alain was revealed his fate to lose the final was sealed.

After all this manipulation and lies and disappointments it wouldn't feel out of place if the pokemon master term was just a "stunt" to drain dry the money cow Ash is. Evidently that could be the reason as to why we haven't yet been told what a master is and what is required to become one. When the time comes(in 10-20 years kek) they will throw in a couple requirements ( a league conference, beating a champion and whatever else etc etc) and call it a day.

SoundVoltex

Pretty hard yea and its non of your business. This thread will serve its purpose when everyone here feel the need to stop writing in it not when you say so lmao.

I don't know. Pretty much agreed that Ash deserves to win a league at this point, which is basically the topic. The forums don't serve a purpose for your personal and private thoughts... so saying it's none of my business while posting in public avenues meant for discussion.... well... yeah. Chill. I'm not trying to act like a hostile, so don't act like one.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't like Unova and it felt out of place for league rankings.

It felt that way to me as well, tho Ash seemed weaker as a trainer in Unova compared to how he was in Sinnoh, so I guess him only making Top 8 in BW wasn't that strange in hindsight. ^^;