• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Ash really deserve to win a league?

Ash-Pikachu

I actually do thoroughly enjoy the direction the writers have taken in regards to Ash performing better in every subsequent league with Ash's ensemble of pokemon improving as well. Actually, I'd prefer if Ash was the protagonist for the entire time rather than introducing another protagonist as a substitute in all honesty, but I'm sure that's an anomalous opinion.

Isaac52

I dunno about deserve to win, but he doesn't deserve all these seasons. Give him a win and move on to a new protagonist, making Ash's legacy a cool lore.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I dunno about deserve to win, but he doesn't deserve all these seasons. Give him a win and move on to a new protagonist, making Ash's legacy a cool lore.

i really like that idea, give him a few league wins and give him the boot and let others come to shine. i still wouldnt be the same without Piakchu but its just so cyclical that he builds his team to a 2nd place finish and restarts all over again.

i actually would've liked to see him win the Kalos league and head home to let some one else shine. they gave him a great battle in the league only to let him down in the end. SM was a great time to switch out the character imo. the new animation design is sufficiently different from previous series so it wouldn't too hard to make a split from the normal formula.

Last edited:

MasterTobias

Well Brandon is much stronger than 95%of the ones who win a league and he defeated him before he even set foot on sinohn so from that point on he reached a point of where he could easily win a league if not for the skill reset/Tobias/Alain characters.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Well Brandon is much stronger than 95%of the ones who win a league and he defeated him before he even set foot on sinohn so from that point on he reached a point of where he could easily win a league if not for the skill reset/Tobias/Alain characters.

true, still the cyclical reset is old as hell. i can blame my selected short term memory when it comes to the strong trainers he faced in the past 20 years while still staying 10 yrs old. that point with Brandon likely was another great point to reset the series. it be great if they let him age in the series and swap out main character after they "aged out".

Did Ash deserve to win? Let me ask this: Did Ash outright to deserve to lose?

Vs. Ritchie: That was Team Rocket's fault and Charizard was being a butt for no good reason.

Vs. Tobias: Dude brought legendary pokémon. Should that even had been allowed? Writing plot wise that was just to stop Ash from winning.

Vs. Alain: Me thinks that some of those pokémon Alain had on him weren't even his. Charizard and Metagross sure, but that Weavile was especially suspect.

For everything other loss...Blaziken made sense, Meowth more-or-less. Unova League...that loss was beyond stupid, but I didn't want him to win and be stuck in that region anyway. Sinnoh and Kalos. He should have won. Period.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Should Satoshi win a Pokemon League conference? I don't see why he shouldn't since he has great skills at the end of each saga, but the anime just isn't like real life, so him ever winning is debatable.

I could see him plausibly winning a league tourney at the end of the anime at best to give his journey some closure, but I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon cuz with the way the show is going I feel like it'll outlast all of us hee hee. ^^;

Alloutℯ

Banned

He at least deserved to win Sinnoh's League and Kalos's League, but the writers just had to ruin things. But even if Ash had won those, I don't think we would've gotten a new protagonist.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
He at least deserved to win Sinnoh's League and Kalos's League, but the writers just had to ruin things.

I agree about those league tournies since Ash was at his prime in both of them, tho I respected his Kalos league loss a bit more than his Sinnoh league loss cuz we had known for years exactly how strong Alain was, so him winning against Ash didn't seem as frustrating to me as when Tobias crushed Ash. ^^;

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They can't keep him losing the League forever.
Another Unova situation of him getting a crappy rank compared to a previous saga would be beyond stupid and make people drop the show again like some did after Cameron beat him. And losing in the finals again? **** no, once was enough. Just move him on to the Champions League and lose in the first round. Or lose against the very first Elite Four member. Either one of those is fine. Do we really need Ash staying on television forever like Spongebob and Bart Simpson? He needs to grow up sometime. Just give the new guy a Pikachu and make it Ash's son, connection to old fans, you still have Pikachu, and a great jumping on point for new fans. Maybe even give Jessie/James a kid and make it his first rival.
I question what's going on with people who think he SHOULDN'T win a League...... aside from them not liking Ash obviously.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I agree about those league tournies since Ash was at his prime in both of them, tho I respected his Kalos league loss a bit more than his Sinnoh league loss cuz we had known for years exactly how strong Alain was, so him winning against Ash didn't seem as frustrating to me as when Tobias crushed Ash. ^^;

Tobias was a plot device and even though it sucks how he beat Ash, at least we knew a few episodes ahead of time that he was tough because he owned a Darkrai.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Tobias was a plot device and even though it sucks how he beat Ash, at least we knew a few episodes ahead of time that he was tough because he owned a Darkrai.

That would've helped, were it not for the fact we have literally no backstory for him or the Darkrai he has. Legendaries are special, even the weakest one, so you need a good reason for why someone has it. Tobias is the flattest character that's not a character of the day(and even then many out-depth him), and that's why we hate him

I'm going to be honest. If Ash can lose to Team Rocket then he doesn't deserve to win the Alola League. Pretty awkward way to end his legacy. He should have beat Alain though.

nickdt

Because the former wasn't an official League and the latter wasn't a League at all. And it's Frontier.

LOL. If the Orange Island wasn't Official, then so wasn't the Battle Frontier or all other battles outside leagues or gyms and thus Ash never officially lost to Paul.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
LOL. If the Orange Island wasn't Official, then so wasn't the Battle Frontier or all other battles outside leagues or gyms and thus Ash never officially lost to Paul.

It was official, sure. But still it wasn't like a traditional League which has a much gruelling competitive format and gives the winner access to competing in the Champion's League, thus giving him/her a chance to become a Champion. Orange League was a good achievement, but still it's nowhere close to being as important an achievement of winning a traditional regional League.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It was official, sure. But still it wasn't like a traditional League which has a much gruelling competitive format and gives the winner access to competing in the Champion's League, thus giving him/her a chance to become a Champion. Orange League was a good achievement, but still it's nowhere close to being as important an achievement of winning a traditional regional League.

Speaking of which, I just realized it's kind of weird that Ash beat Brandon who demolished Paul, but Paul demolished Ash most of the time

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Speaking of which, I just realized it's kind of weird that Ash beat Brandon who demolished Paul, but Paul demolished Ash most of the time
Well, Brandon didn't use the three Regis against Ash like against Paul. Plus Paul messed up with his emotions in his battle vs Brandon. And truly speaking, Paul didn't demolish Ash most of the time, he demolished him once in the Lake Acucity battle.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
They fought each other many times. Paul was always 5 steps ahead. Ash wins exactly only one battle (the one that really matter, though). That's pretty much equal to be demolished, to me.