• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does asia have any overweight people?(not counting sumo wrestlers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
I've noticed that in all asia there is like 1% of overweight ppl,but still asians eat stuff that has fat such as honey chicken etc.

I know asians are really healthy people but how come thay don't gain weight?

AncientMew

Training since 1998
I've noticed that in all asia there is like 1% of overweight ppl,but still asians eat stuff that has fat such as honey chicken etc.

Wow, way to go there pal, you applied a racial stereotype to a whole continent.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
Of course there are overweight people in Asia.
The ratio of overweight to regular weight is just is just so much smaller.

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
well if we're talking about the continent i know that their are a lot of over weight ppl but I'm not sure about specific countries,but if you're trying to compare it to north America and Europe , it's because we as in north America and Europe have all these commonly eaten at fatty restaurants that aren't available down in Asia.

Crystal Clair

It may help that the Japanese do more walking than Americans because everything's closer in Japan and well I bet owning a car is a pain in Japan because everything is so narrow and compact that it's tough to park and tough to drive. You gotta see how narrow their streets are. No wonder they walk everywhere. Plus, I think they have gym everyday although maybe it's just us New Yorkers who didn't have daily gym until high school.

And don't say the Japanese don't eat fatty foods. Do any of you know how fatty dark-chocolate pocky (the most popular flavor is)? My mom won't let me buy any anymore. (not like it was that great)

hevver

Heart of Darkness
They also use chopsticks which reduce the amount of food you put in your mouth.
Americans use big spoons that yield them to being FAT. Also the most obese Asian
country is the Philippines. Sadly... but I'm not overweight so I'm not worried.

Of course there are obese people.

And no the foods are not necessarily healthy. Chinese food has so much frying and sodium to make anyone fat. Fatness occurs in lower ratios maybe because gluttony isn't as important, or generally have healthier lifestyles.

Or maybe it's genetics. :p

Where did you get that info? Panda Express?
I'm not Asian or an expert on this so I don't know for sure. But I went w/ my friend to Asia once and I noticed these things:

1) East Asian diets are pretty low in fat. I remember in Korea that the only fatty stuff I ate was fish...which has about zero fat.
2) There are a lot of lifestyle differences like some ppl have mentioned before. In China we walked almost everywhere.
I bet owning a car is a pain in Japan because everything is so narrow and compact that it's tough to park and tough to drive. You gotta see how narrow their streets are. No wonder they walk everywhere.
Are you sure? The Japanese do a lot of walking and you're right about their streets. But my friend's uncle (works for Sony in Japan) says that just about every family there owns a car. The cars just aren't as big and they walk when they can.

Oh another thing, they seem to eat/incorporate A LOT more vegetables into their dishes.

Profesco

gone gently
Obvious answer: yes, of course.

Functional answer: visit the Questions thread next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.