• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Cartoon Network even exist anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
they deleted fosters hme for imaginary friends? one of there best shows, that just proves there dumb. now most of these shows are spinoffs or trying to act adult. "total drama island" is the most retarded tv show ever. they expect kids to laugh at "I farted" or "you touched my butt" ha f*cking ha. There true comedy came from The most classic and amazing TV show ever, Ed,edd and Eddy. that show was freaking funny. after seldom being played in 2001-2006 they tried to make there comback with episodes. BUT unfortunatly kids were so hypnotised bye "I farted" that they didnt recognize true comedy. Eventually cartoon network is gonna crash and burn in hell. 4KIDS is better than cartoon network. I mean, the only show I ever watch on 4kids on saturday is sonicX. Boomerang, there owned bye CN obviously. Boomerang is pretty stupid and is super kiddish, so its the offset of Cartoon network. Cartoon network was golden when they previewed stuff they aired, and when they wernt trying to be funny. Now that there trying to be funny and outdo Nickelodeon, they suck.

Jhonny and Total drama island and the new pokemon season, Will Never-EVER EVER outdo the old Pokemon seasons,Dexters labratory,Ed,edd,And eddy, and the powerpuff girls. Even fosters home for imaginary friends was good, but now I dont know what kind of pot CN is smoking now, I dont bother anymore

Wut. This post...I don't...I...wut.

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!

Rex Kamex

"total drama island" is the most retarded tv show ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_Fred%27s_Fruit_Salad_Island

In my opinion. XD (Not that I'd use the word "retarded" to describe it...)

Not that I like Total Drama Island. (Well, there were a few things I thought were kinda funny...)

they expect kids to laugh at "I farted" or "you touched my butt" ha f*cking ha.

I really don't get why shows still do that. To me, not only is it disgusting, but also very cheap and cliche. Although many old shows have used it too. To appeal to kids? There's no other kind of humor they can use? Really?

There true comedy came from The most classic and amazing TV show ever, Ed,edd and Eddy. that show was freaking funny. after seldom being played in 2001-2006 they tried to make there comback with episodes.

Even though I liked Ed, Edd, n' Eddy (except when they went to school), that to me was a stupid show, as in, so stupid it was funny. It was mainly mindless humor (and some gross humor I can't ignore). Just saying.

Boomerang, there owned bye CN obviously. Boomerang is pretty stupid and is super kiddish, so its the offset of Cartoon network.

They're old kid shows. But anyway, Cartoon Network used to air all of those shows, if not most of them at some point, years ago.

Cartoon network was golden when they previewed stuff they aired, and when they wernt trying to be funny.

But they were trying to be funny. People liking the old CN thought they succeeded, at least.

Now that there trying to be funny and outdo Nickelodeon, they suck.

They've been trying to outdo Nickelodeon. The shows and methods they've been using aren't all the same as before, but their goals are still the same.

Jhonny and Total drama island and the new pokemon season, Will Never-EVER EVER outdo the old Pokemon seasons,Dexters labratory,Ed,edd,And eddy, and the powerpuff girls. Even fosters home for imaginary friends was good, but now I dont know what kind of pot CN is smoking now, I dont bother anymore

Another thing about Boomerang, they rerun Dexter's Lab and The Powerpuff Girls. (At one time they reran old Pokemon.) Old Pokemon episodes are on video/DVD, same as The Powerpuff Girls.

CartoonNetwork.com has episodes of Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls on their website, maybe even Foster's (which is also on DVD).

Dexter's Laboratory episodes, and maybe PPG too, have episodes on iTunes, if you have video-playing iPod. Also The Powerpuff Girls had a marathon back in January. So these shows weren't completely neglected, although they could have been.

Rebecca R. said:
I assume that most people complaining on forums are over 11. Cartoon Network doesn't care about you if you're over 11.

It's not that they don't care- it's that their programming (I don't mean Adult Swim) isn't aimed at us. Not that that makes us older folks' situation better, but...

GulpinLovorz said:
4. International dependence: Honestly, the best new CN shows aren't even FROM the U.S. Theyre mostly canadian, and some english. I bet they're just using these shows for that fact that most of their shows reak.

They've been using foreign shows for a while now, especially with Toonami.

Wow, I myself had almost forgotten this thread; time to save it from dying.
One thing that has occured to me lately regarding CN is that almost none of the shows that are still shown on it stick to the classical idea of cartoons being completely illogical and unrealistic. Yeah, some might call this a good thing; we are raising our kids to be logical thinkers (who will get daily beatings from the school bullies three times their size); but that isn't the point of cartoons. Most original cartoons were made to feature purely kinetic humor, you didn't need to be a genious to understand/appreciate them. These shows like TDI/TDA, and 6TEEN might as well be live-action; they would barely need any special effects or stunt people at all (Stoked, not as much).

WALL•E

lol I LOVED the cartoons like Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Foster's Home, Billy and Mandy, Cow and Chicken (especially the red guy xD), etc. Sometimes the characters got a little annoying, though. I feel sorry for some of the characters sometimes lol.

They showed Billy and Mandy a few times today. It'll probably only last til Halloween, though.

But most of my favorite cartoons are gone.

they expect kids to laugh at "I farted" or "you touched my butt" ha f*cking ha.

lol I was working as a jr. leader for kids that were 10 year olds - 12 year old kids in a summer fun program last summer, and they actually laughed at that kind of stuff. They were REALLY immature though. I doubt other kids their age are like that, but still a whole group of about 15 kids were laughing about farts and other rude things. I remember we were doing this activity where we fill in the blanks to make up a weird story or something, and they filled in EVERY blank with stuff like "fart" or "balls" and laughed hysterically at it o_O

I gotta miss toonami in cartoon network
I watch pokemon and power ranger in toonami
but toonami is end in September 20, 2008 :(

also I watch powerpuff girls

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I gotta miss toonami in cartoon network
I watch pokemon and power ranger in toonami
but toonami is end in September 20, 2008 :(

also I watch powerpuff girls

lol Yeah, those were the days when Looney Tune still going on. I miss Toonami, Dexter Lab, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Looney Tunes, etc. Its ashame that Toonami is done because their losing rating. I've started watching Toonami when its says something about DBZ airing. Cartoon Network in the past few years weren't the same. The only time I've watch CN is for Adult Swim shows (animes, Boondocks, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, Harvey Birdman).

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
over here they still show those shows, but if they would be cancelled i would feel sorry, but i like most of the new series (but i never heard about totally drama island cuz CN is only avaible in the west of our country or with digital tv)

o and humor -> is most of the times rude, but not that much on tv. and 'I farted' depends on the context, way its said, who and were, i can imagine some people think its funny XD

Aah, I remember watching edited versions of Yu Yu Hakusho on Toonami at 5 PM back in the day and thinking it was the coolest show ever. Those were the days. I guess CN must not be getting enough viiewers, cause my cable company cut it completely.

Polar Star

Huzzah!
They exist, unfortunately. The fallen king of television, Cartoon Network has forsaken all of its previous successes, such as Bugs Bunny and Dexter's Laboratory, and instead replaced it with filth, such as Total Drama Action (the name alone warrants a headdesk) and Destroy Build Destroy.

CN suck ya they remove Ben 10 and pokemon as they adding some new crappy new show in december 2009

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
My god when will people come to realize that their insignificant, sentence fragment of an opinion does not jusitify keeping a thread alive that will only spawn more sentence fragment-long replies of ignorancy. But I digress.

They exist, unfortunately. The fallen king of television, Cartoon Network has forsaken all of its previous successes, such as Bugs Bunny and Dexter's Laboratory, and instead replaced it with filth, such as Total Drama Action (the name alone warrants a headdesk) and Destroy Build Destroy.

For one thing, they've started playing the Bugs Bunny and them again, even though the type of humor presented in them won't appeal to today's children, therefore losing viewers and therefore ratings, but eh. Long as people will flcok back when they aren't shunning the channel as a whole in the first place, right?

Obviously most people aren't even giving most of those new shows a chance. I'm sixteen, I grew up watching television in the 90's like you have no idea, so I guess that gives me some relevancy of "taste" for the era of animation we are so high-strung about here. Yes, there are some of the shows that aren't very good, or just plain suck and are obviously attempts to cash in from ratings. But really, I still find Cartoon Network an enjoyable place to watch cartoons. It's the only place you can really go for that anyway.

Chowder, and by effect, Flapjack, being made by the same creators, are wonderful examples. Even if it does resort to vulgar humor at times, which is inevitable really, so it is excusable, the shows use such fresh art styles, which are nice to see. Things are drawn well and most of the time it makes them feel like real cartoons, and not something done in flash that tries too hard or not enough. What I find just amazing is that the two shows in question will even switch mediums for certain scenes and sketches, which just shows a lot of heart in the work. How many cartoons make such use of stop-motion? And, yeah, even though it's more of a personal preference, I do enjoy the Total Drama series. It's a simple show, that I find goes for the whole "teen stereotype" without really going overboard, as it tries to still use the usual cartoon archtypes. In my eye, it brings together a kind of teen appeal with the classics, making it great for the majority of us that grew up in the 90's. I realize it could be just me, but it's a fun series, and I don't feel wierd watching it because it doesn't feel like it's trying to appeal to a certain audience.

So, short rant, yeah. But I think that coming form a person in my age and position, it means a lot to have some sort of positive outlook on some of these new shows. It isn't fair that I don't give them a try. After all, if CN gave us gems like Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, etc; then what's to stop it from doing so again?

CN suck ya they remove Ben 10 and pokemon as they adding some new crappy new show in december 2009

ya even though Ben 10 and Pokemon are still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.