• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Cartoon Network even exist anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cartoon Network is a pretty standard channel for almost any TV subscription plan, but it has lately forgotten its entire purpose of existence. "Destroy Build Destroy," "Brainrush," and "The Othersiders" have all recently been added to CN's list of live action programs. What in God's name is live action doing on a channel supposedly dedicated to cartoons? Plus, reality and game shows already have their own channels. Not to mention the fact that absolutely none of their programming is even remotely similar to the hillarious cartoons I once knew and loved. All the shows that have anything to do with the actual essence of Cartoon Network are on Boomerang, awaiting the time when they shall be lost from entertainment history.
What happened to cartoons being fun for the whole family? All the shows on CN at the moment that I have seen are rated at least PG on the info. button. Nothing is rated G anymore, even on CN. As was said in the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit," cartoons are supposed to make people laugh. Nowadays the only cartoon that makes me laugh anymore is "Family Guy." Every kid-oriented show left on CN seems dedicated to action, drama, suspence, and every other genre except comedy. What happened to the Cartoon Network I used to know and love?

ijea4444

CN and Nick used to care about kids and entertainment, but now they care about money. If it sells they produce. I know it sucks, but unless you can pay their profits the great cartoons we had before aren't going to appear.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Though in a way, I agree, in another way, I am a bit tired of hearing people complain about Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon these days. I, personally, miss Foster's Home from Cartoon Network. I always liked that one.

Think of it this way, guys. If ANY channel is going downhill... it's Disney Channel.

ijea4444

Though in a way, I agree, in another way, I am a bit tired of hearing people complain about Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon these days. I, personally, miss Foster's Home from Cartoon Network. I always liked that one.

Think of it this way, guys. If ANY channel is going downhill... it's Disney Channel.

Disney's always been terrible, a terrile channel doesn't go downhill. Foster's Home made me fall asleep. But I don't know about everyone else but the great shows were ones like the classic looneytunes, dexter's laboratory, catdog, Monsters Ahhhh!, wild thornberries, rugrats, etc. Even powerpuff girls.

Well only half of those ones you just mentioned were actually on Cartoon network. I still miss the good old days when I could turn on Cartoon Network and be mesmorized by wacky cartoonish antics like "Ed, Ed, and Eddy" and "Tom and Jerry." Yes, both of those shows still exist and show regular reruns, but they have lost most of their luster because I have seen all of them already. CN keeps showing finalies of their older, better shows without even trying to replace them with anything but mediocre excuses for more money.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Disney's always been terrible, a terrile channel doesn't go downhill. Foster's Home made me fall asleep. But I don't know about everyone else but the great shows were ones like the classic looneytunes, dexter's laboratory, catdog, Monsters Ahhhh!, wild thornberries, rugrats, etc. Even powerpuff girls.

To be honest, I never cared much for cartoons, especially not classic ones. Most of the cartoons I like are from around 2003-2005. As for Nickelodeon... I think that a pretty large majority of Nicktoons (new and old) are a bit too dumb for me, I mean... Ren & Stimpy? SpongBob? I don't care for those.

Ipwnyou

All good ideas for TV shows have already been used up so now they have resorted to crappy ideas.
Nickelodeon had a good run with Avatar which frankly I thought was one of the best shows I have seen in a while.

ijea4444

To be honest, I never cared much for cartoons, especially not classic ones. Most of the cartoons I like are from around 2003-2005. As for Nickelodeon... I think that a pretty large majority of Nicktoons (new and old) are a bit too dumb for me, I mean... Ren & Stimpy? SpongBob? I don't care for those.

Then why post here.

derekkoch

Ich bin der Kapitän
the whole reason they do this is because teens are their current viewers and all they care about (excluding me and a group of others) is drama and WoW ads honestly if i had a nickle for every time i heard "i love(insert drama show here" or "i love me a good explosions"
i'd be buried in money

Honestly, "CN" doesn't really even mean "Cartoon Network" anymore. It's more like "Crap Network." Now it's really all live-action stuff that just sucks. I remember when new episodes of Dexter's Laboratory were still coming out.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This is exactly what happened to KidsWB. We grew up around such great shows, we find ourselves missing the comedy and originality that reigned TV in that decade.

I wonder if CN is going to change its name or sell it to another company like how KidsWB did. (If so, it better not be 4Kids.) But as long as the new generation of children continue to watch these shows, they'll continue to operate and change the programs to better fit the present. And like other people have said, money keeps it running. And angry letters aren't going to make them return to the glory days, I'm afraid.

And also, I think most shows these days orbit around politics, so maybe that's why nothing's funny anymore. Then there are those family shows that have adult humor slipped in, but they expect kids to not understand that anyway.

I<3 You

Attempting to Chain
Kill yourself.
You have no right to whine over recent cartoons if you watch that steaming pile of shit.

You took the words out of my mouth.

That post reeks of douchebaggery.

Surfing_Pikachu

Get out. Get out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.