• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Cartoon Network even exist anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KojiroJames2006

Prepare etc., etc.
Blame the "consumer lifestyle" Disney pushes their dreck at. Every channel we ever know growing up (as I got cable TV in Philadelphia as of 12/31/1986; blame that on the footdragging of our politicians) has unfortunately changed. And I still don't get Boomerang as a full time channel thanks to the footdragging of Communistcast.

fierylord

Charmander! Yay!
I hate CartoonNetwork now.

I never see anything I liked on it.

All of the good shows are gone.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I only really watch CN for Adult Swim nowadays, so if the daytime shows have crappy cartoons nowadays, no skin off my back.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well as long as I get my batman brave and the bold I guess I can still watch CN. For about 30 minutes anyways.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Actually, Clone Wars is pretty good, so I guess it does have something going there.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
The only show that is bearable and is an almost return to the original cartoon is Chowder...too bad they got rid of Billy and Mandy, that pwned hard...

Rave

Banned
Cartoon Network is still around?

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Apparently, i can still watch it anyway...

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
CN died when they stopped showing Johnny Bravo and other good old cartoons. The end of Toonami confirmed CN is now shitty, even though Toonami lost its touch after it stopped showing the good shows.

Every time I see a discussion like this, my first thought is "if only the retards at the actual company were reading this." They honestly think they are improving by adding all these new shows while kicking out the ones that gave them their name in the first place. They should rename Boomerang Cartoon Network and Cartoon Network Mediocrity Central. I used to love Cartoon Cartoon Fridays. Forget the two days off from school; this was my favorite thing about Friday. Then they pushed Toonami to being exclusively shown on Saturday so they could have Miguzzi (an astounding failure) on weekdays. Even after they realized how retarded that had been they still didn't put Toonami back onto the weekday lineup; they terminated it. Who do they think still finds them good?
Cartoon Network was once my favorite channel of all. I only needed to see one episode of Tom and Jerry to fall in love with the chanel. The only shows they still air outside of Adult Swim that I like are Pokemon, TDI/A, and The Secret Saturdays. Note also how of those three only Pokemon seems to have even the remotest chance of lasting very long based on the plot.

Waterpokes

Cartoon Network stinks!
Before, I watched Ed, Edd n Eddy!
I was just crazy about the show!
And before, when somebody said: "What other funny program is on?" I always said that switching to Cartoon Network.
But now, if they ask, I don't say Cartoon Network.

The dub lines stink! And all those boring shows, like Chowder, Foster's Home for some random friends and those shows with real people stinks! Pokemon does not exist here at Cartoon, but I like TDI/TDA, but I like the original. So I watch somewhere else, not in the English version, but Canadian version. And they sensor all the good stuff.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
*sigh* How sad...really...
It had potential...and even Toonami did...honestly. if only they'd kept showing the FUNimation dubbed One Piece, they wouldn't have died...*sob* CURSE U 4KIDS!

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
*sigh* How sad...really...
It had potential...and even Toonami did...honestly. if only they'd kept showing the FUNimation dubbed One Piece, they wouldn't have died...*sob* CURSE U 4KIDS!

Toonami should've stayed.

Had good shows like the Bobobo-bobobo, and Naruto (back to back, too)
And One Piece was good.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Toonami should've stayed.

Had good shows like the Bobobo-bobobo, and Naruto (back to back, too)
And One Piece was good.

Although I'd rather swallow kerosine followed by a match while screaming in dutch than watch dubbed naruto, i gree with you on the rest of that...
"but likes whats what you said".

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
So I've skimmed over all these very generally comments on CH sucking and comment on while I think the channel is obiovusly losing some of it's original charm, especially since it's using live-action shows, it still has some alright cartoons. Comign form a man who enjoys smart humor, and has a stingy tolerance of any animated series today and is afraid to go near them, I must say I think Chowder for one is a fine show, due to it's animation multimedia and style and writing.

The same goes for Flapjack, which while not as good, feels as though it is taking ideas form older cartoons. It's meh in my book but watchable. Thirdly, the Total Drama series are pretty tolerable, and I do enjoy watching them. The characters on it are charming, in my opinion.

Ohandlolatsomeonelikingfamilyguyhavinganopinionontelevision

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
It's pretty much lost to me. Except for the anime block that begins late tonight.

I don't care what anybody says. It's Cartoon Network. Those live-action shows do not belong on the channel.

And honestly, I do miss all of the anime. Especially One Piece. They should have kept airing the FUNimation dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.