• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Chloe care about Ash at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diesglamouris

No offense but if you’re not into watching Pokémon for things that are Pokémon, why are you watching it rather than any of the infinite slice of life shows in which you could find these themes? If anything, a narrative like that is foreign and odd for the writers to have even come up with for a series that has never been about any of that.
Maybe we aren't watching the same series, as indeed it has a component of slice of life (if defined broadly as a representation of the daily life and interactions of the characters). Until XY&Z almost all Japanese openings claimed this show to be "the story of Satoshi and Pokémon, their meetings, adventures and battles", and that spirit continues until now.

Also, having not a heavy interest in battles isn't the same thing as dismissing them at all.

Best to let people to freely enjoy Pokémon as they want.

This thread, along with some of the things SatoSerena said about how there could be some kind of major terrorist incident in the stadium when Ash fights Leon, makes me think that Chloe might betray Ash. She could be working with Rose and plotting to kill him. Everything seems too good to be true...
That could be a good idea for a betrayal fanfic.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Maybe we aren't watching the same series, as indeed it has a component of slice of life (if defined broadly as a representation of the daily life and interactions of the characters). Until XY&Z almost all Japanese openings claimed this show to be "the story of Satoshi and Pokémon, their meetings, adventures and battles", and that spirit continues until now.

Also, having not a heavy interest in battles isn't the same thing as dismissing them at all.

Best to let people to freely enjoy Pokémon as they want.
A component is not the same as the way that things were presented in Koharu’s story. Pokemon’s version of slice of life still ran along with the prospect of humans in the Pokémon world and how they interact with such a world. Even with Alola, probably the most slice of life that Pokémon ever was, it held the humans living in harmony with the Pokémon to the degree of them influencing everyday life. Prior to Koharu, the series never cared about things like basic school as presented in the real world or characters whose story ends the way it started and, even if a character doesn’t start out knowing what they do want out of their story (May, Serena), they typically find a path of their own to follow.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
FfCCn24XgAkB6Id

So, what was that you were saying again?

i'm still questioning this, did she go because she wanted to, or out of obligation since Goh had to leave? Perhaps him even asking her to take his place.

I do think she's opened up more to Ash overtime and does care about him, but this in particular is one thing I do question.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I like to think that Chloe would’ve been there for the finals regardless of Goh being there or not. I get that she wasn’t there the whole time because of schoolwork, but she could at least get there for the finals.

Spyro39

i'm still questioning this, did she go because she wanted to, or out of obligation since Goh had to leave? Perhaps him even asking her to take his place.

I do think she's opened up more to Ash overtime and does care about him, but this in particular is one thing I do question.
She didn't have to be there, but either way, Chloe being there shows that she does care about Ash and think of him as a friend.

But if I had to guess, she's there by her own choice.
Wow that’s for the finale but where’s the rest of characters?
Like some other users have noticed, there's an empty seat next to Chloe. Perhaps another friend of Ash will come soon and the preview is just hiding them.

AJ97

She didn't have to be there, but either way, Chloe being there shows that she does care about Ash and think of him as a friend.

But if I had to guess, she's there by her own choice.

Like some other users have noticed, there's an empty seat next to Chloe. Perhaps another friend of Ash will come soon and the preview is just hiding them.
It's likely the biggest and arguably the most important event in Galar. Who wouldn't want to be there?

Caring about Ash would mean attending the less important battles.

Spyro39

It's likely the biggest and arguably the most important event in Galar. Who wouldn't want to be there?
Who wouldn't want to be there? Someone who's not into battles and big events that much?
Caring about Ash would mean attending the less important battles.
So if someone's not attending the less important battles of Ash, that person is considered not caring about him?

AJ97

Who wouldn't want to be there? Someone who's not into battles and big events that much?

So if someone's not attending the less important battles of Ash, that person is considered not caring about him?
You're trying to force Chloe's relationship with Ash and pretend as though she's equally invested in him as the rest of his companions. This simply isn't the case.

I mean sure, Chloe is Ash's "Acquaintance/Friend" and cares about him enough and wouldn't want him to lose the battle or whatever. Considering his opponent is someone Chloe has no relationship with, it is irrelevant.

You can't compare her relationship to some of the other female companions; like Dawn for instance who insisted on going to the Regional League to cheer for Ash after the GF and May for example who cheered for Ash even during a gym battle against her own father.

DuskAstral

You forget that some M8 members preferred to go home rather than stay until the end of the tournament (even if they lost, they could still watch the fights continue).

AJ97

You forget that some M8 members preferred to go home rather than stay until the end of the tournament (even if they lost, they could still watch the fights continue).
The Master 8 trainers are some of the most important trainers in the world.
They have their own personal responsibilities.

I guess Alain would be an exception to this, however, we don't really know whether he's taken up any extra responsibility to fix the mess Team Flare left back in Kalos etc.

VoltTacklingPika

I remember when I was at school, there'd be kids who I'd talk with and even liked, but never saw outside of school and never went out of my way to interact with. Ash and Chloe are kinda like that. He works for her dad so they cross paths at the lab but outside the lab they've got their own things going on and only come together on certain occasions.

It's worth pointing out Dawn is their mutual friend so she was probably just invited along, if not decide to go by herself.

Spyro39

You're trying to force Chloe's relationship with Ash and pretend as though she's equally invested in him as the rest of his companions. This simply isn't the case.

I mean sure, Chloe is Ash's "Acquaintance/Friend" and cares about him enough and wouldn't want him to lose the battle or whatever. Considering his opponent is someone Chloe has no relationship with, it is irrelevant.

You can't compare her relationship to some of the other female companions; like Dawn for instance who insisted on going to the Regional League to cheer for Ash after the GF and May for example who cheered for Ash even during a gym battle against her own father.
I never once argued that Chloe is on the same level as Ash's other friends. That is just your assumption. This OP made up the thread asking if she cared about Ash at all, and me and several other users have argued that she does. Whether she watches any of Ash's battles or not or attends the Masters tournament in person or not (though she did watch him in his battle against Steven on TV), doesn't mean she's "not caring" about him.

AJ97

I never once argued that Chloe is on the same level as Ash's other friends. That is just your assumption. This OP made up the thread asking if she cared about Ash at all, and me and several other users have argued that she does. Whether she watches any of Ash's battles or not or attends the Masters tournament in person or not (though she did watch him in his battle against Steven on TV), doesn't mean she's "not caring" about him.
To me "care" suggests being emotionally invested.
I mean, it would be stupid to say Chloe doesn't acknowledge Ash at all considering he's literally someone living in the same vicinity as her and has been helpful to her on occasion.

I can see the rest of the companions being actually depressed if Ash doesn't win. Chloe on the other hand would feel bad for Ash, but she's definitely not invested in him enough to care so much and feel bad herself.

Dawn and Chloe finding out about Serena’s love for Ash would be very interesting. I wanna see.
I can imagine Serena met Dawn before but they are shocked they both know Ash. Chloe says that Serena is a good friend of Ash and Serena whispers “more than that” catching both of their interests. Dawn then teases Serena about Ash, saying that they would make a great couple while Brock cries in the background

Spyro39

To me "care" suggests being emotionally invested.
I mean, it would be stupid to say Chloe doesn't acknowledge Ash at all considering he's literally someone living in the same vicinity as her and has been helpful to her on occasion.

I can see the rest of the companions being actually depressed if Ash doesn't win. Chloe on the other hand would feel bad for Ash, but she's definitely not invested in him enough to care so much and feel bad herself.
Right, because I remember all the times how very upset Ash's friends were when they watched him lose a Pokemon League as if they were in his shoes...

Lol, come on man, you're being a little dramatic here. His friends being depressed? If Ash loses to Leon, do you expect his friends to react the way Mairin did when she watched Alain get whooped by Leon? You'd think if Chloe didn't "care" about Ash at all, she wouldn't be showing any concerning emotion or being glad that he made it that far. But apparently, feeling bad isn't enough.

At most, if Ash lost to Leon, all his friends are likely going to react the way you said about Chloe.

Status
Not open for further replies.