• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Gen I Have Internal Battery Problems Like Gen II?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I know that the second gen games have this problem, but does gen I also have this problem?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Yea, luckily my Red with my legit gen I mews is still ok. So glad I don't have to worry about losing them.

I was just double checking because I finally got a shiny smoochum from Crystals odd egg, and thought about maybe evolving it and storing it in Red to be safe from the internal battery problems of gen II.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't think it should. The battery problem was mostly because time elements was introduced in the second generation, and I think that drained a lot of battery power. The first gen games stop working if abused, neglected or whatever my brothers and I did with our copies long enough. I think what we did had nothing to do with the battery in the first place, so... *shrugs*

I'm not sure if any glitches from the second generation will affect the first, or vice versa. I haven't exactly heard of anyone trading over Missingno. and reporting results.

Aquarelle

Staff member
RBY do have internal batteries and they will die just like in GSC.
It's just that RBY batteries generally last longer because they do not have to keep a clock running like GSC.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Eesh, I better finish training them and then save them to Stadiums so even if the handheld games get erased, I'll still have my legit mews and shiny smoochum/jynx.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I have a copy of Yellow that won't save, so yeah. Luckily, Red, Blue, & Crystal still work.