• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does it seem like the Contests are done in the anime for good?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
From everything we've seen with BW, it seems neither Iris nor Dento will be coordinators. On top of that, there has been absolutely no indication the Contests are continuing whatsoever.

It really does seem like Contests, despite being in the show for 8 years, are now finally being removed.

PePer

It was brought up on Pokejungle like on damn platinum plate that contests are done so enjoy your musicals.

BTW. It was from some sort of magazine if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Yes, it does seem like Contest are done for. But it hasn't been confirmed yet, so there's still a chance.

Sayho1234

In that case Dawn should've won the Sinnoh GF with Jessie coming in 2nd if DP was the last time we'd ever see them.

Teshub

Banned
Considering Isshu is a foreign country, they have their own kind of competitions. So probably not. It might make a return in future games though.

Torpoleon

Well, maybe May, Dawn and their rivals can go to contest-only regions? (Although, Dawn still needs to go to Kanto, Johto & Hoenn, whereas May has Sinnoh.) Contests on the main cast seem to be done though.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
As a main focus? Yes that's pretty much a given with the new Musicals and all.

But if Ruby and Sapphire remakes show up in the future (I'd be surprised if they didn't), I think Contests might show up for one final hurrah. Maybe as a way to bring back Dawn and maybe May for a few episodes.

Torterra636

#1 Pokemon manga fan
I think Musicals will replace contests, although I think Dento Might participate in them.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes, it seems like contests are gone, but, there is still a chance that the musicals are actually just a promotion for the appeals. We need to remember that May and Dawn didn't win a GF, and a main girl has to win it eventually. Just a thought.

Sayho1234

This kinda confuses me? If contests are gone for good because the BW games don't have contests in them, then does that mean that the regions that originally didn't have contests in them (a.k.a. Kanto & Johto) ALSO revert back to being regions without contests in them since their respective games didn't have contests in them?

Torterra636

#1 Pokemon manga fan
I think they'll keep contests in Kanto and Johto

(Remember Dawn still needs to travel their)

She'll probably appear further into the Isshu saga and brag about how she's been competing in Johto, Kanto and Hoenn.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
This kinda confuses me? If contests are gone for good because the BW games don't have contests in them, then does that mean that the regions that originally didn't have contests in them (a.k.a. Kanto & Johto) ALSO revert back to being regions without contests in them since their respective games didn't have contests in them?

Not at all, just because one region goes without them doesn't mean the other regions that had Anime-only Contests are going to loose them as well. It's also unlikely those two regions will ever receive main focus again, so it really doesn't matter. And the only reason Johto even has Contests in the anime (and Kanto partly because of this as well) was to give May something to do after she left.

Sayho1234

Not at all, just because one region goes without them doesn't mean the other regions that had Anime-only Contests are going to loose them as well. It's also unlikely those two regions will ever receive main focus again, so it really doesn't matter. And the only reason Johto even has Contests in the anime (and Kanto partly because of this as well) was to give May something to do after she left.

But that's my point. When Ash originally traveled in Kanto & Johto there were no contests in those regions at all because their games didn't have them (like the BW games), then come AG they magically appeared in those regions even though contests still didn't appear in their remake games. This had implied that now contests were in every region, even when their games didn't include them (original or remake). So whether Iris does contests or not & whether the BW games have contests or not shouldn't the region at least still have contests in them?

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
But that's my point. When Ash originally traveled in Kanto & Johto there were no contests in those regions at all because their games didn't have them (like the BW games), then come AG they magically appeared in those regions even though contests still didn't appear in their remake games. This had implied that now contests were in every region, even when their games didn't include them (original or remake). So whether Iris does contests or not & whether the BW games have contests or not shouldn't the region at least still have contests in them?

Not in this case; Isshu is very far away from the other four main regions, so that alone makes it reasonable for it to not have some of the things that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh had.

Last edited:

Sayho1234

Not in this case; Isshu is very far away from the other four main regions, so that alone makes it reasonable for it to not have some of the things that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh had.

But Hoenn was very far away from Kanto & Johto when Ash had first heard about that region, and the same goes for Sinnoh as well. Distance shouldn't be an Isshu for the region to not have contests in them.

Not saying that I want contests to return in BW mind you, as I'm getting just as sick and tired of them as everyone else is. I just think that if you're going to magically include contests in Kanto & Johto out of nowhere despite their games not having them (original or remakes), then you might as well do the same thing for Isshu as well whether Iris does contests or not. It's only fair IMHO.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Sounds like there gone, either these musicals are going to replace them or the battle clubs?? If its musicals me thinks Dento will do them.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Contests might not be available in Isshu, but May and Dawn might still be participating in contests off-screen while Best Wishes is running. They might make appearances once in a while to let Ash and Co. (hence the audience) know how they're progressing.