• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Journey’s series like to troll the Pokémon fandom?

Mistycallsstaryu

The semis should absolutely be 6-on-6, come on now.

The show once committed to a 6-on-6 against freaking Katie. Who the hell is Katie? And yet now they can't commit to a 6-on-6 against Cynthia? Come on, ffs

The thing that gives me pause is that there was only - afaik - one completed full battle in Alola, the final one against Kukui. It could be that they're just saving them for last now, but my god, come on. Ash is going to trounce her, she is going to lose, it is going to be absolutely glorious (I hope anyway), and I want her defeat to last as long as possible.
Katie is a queen. Cynthia stole her strategy...

diesglamouris

Nah, that honor corresponds to Pokémon XY. Serena and Satoshi having a first date!? Satoshi's Ultimate Battle?

Writers simply don't seem to know (or be interested in) how to handle older viewers insisting in watching a series that for the 6th year doesn't show the intention of repeating an XY style.

Rather than disrespecting the old fans, it's fair to say the current direction is simply trying to focus in its actual target audience. Still, you can't simply take old characters for your so called children story and make a World Tournament without calling our attention. If you insist in doing that, there will be people angry, but you may care about it or not, all depends on who you're writing for and what you want to get from them. (For that reason I think anipoke should accept its fate of being a G series more than a pure kodomo and hire writers capable to handle both audiences, but that's dreaming too much.)

If they really want to ride us away, they should retire Satoshi for the best, nurture a new litter of heroes and work in an actual generational story, such as the manga do. Otherwise, there still will be adult fans desperate to see a Master Edgy Satoshi married with Serena|Lillie|Koharu|Penny|Misty|Dawn|Goh|Latias|... and dissapointed when the new series doesn't meet their particular expectations.

If writers insist in bringing Satoshi to Paldea, that would make a real troll.

Nah, that honor corresponds to Pokémon XY. Serena and Satoshi having a first date!? Satoshi's Ultimate Battle?

Writers simply don't seem to know (or be interested in) how to handle older viewers insisting in watching a series that for the 6th year doesn't show the intention of repeating an XY style.

Rather than disrespecting the old fans, it's fair to say the current direction is simply trying to focus in its actual target audience. Still, you can't simply take old characters for your so called children story and make a World Tournament without calling our attention. If you insist in doing that, there will be people angry, but you may care about it or not, all depends on who you're writing for and what you want to get from them. (For that reason I think anipoke should accept its fate of being a G series more than a pure kodomo and hire writers capable to handle both audiences, but that's dreaming too much.)

If they really want to ride us away, they should retire Satoshi for the best, nurture a new litter of heroes and work in an actual generational story, such as the manga do. Otherwise, there still will be adult fans desperate to see a Master Edgy Satoshi married with Serena|Lillie|Koharu|Penny|Misty|Dawn|Goh|Latias|... and dissapointed when the new series doesn't meet their particular expectations.

The only troll was Kalos Ultimate Victory because Serena and Ash went on a date that time.

diesglamouris

In fact, a proof JN isn't intending to troll people (or at least not so much as other seasons) is the null official promotion Serena's return had. You'd had all the Amour army expecting a glorious meeting with Satoshi and a reference of the kiss... in an episode that pretended (and shown) to be more about Koharu and Eevee. Not promoting her was the best decision for preventing a big disappointment rage.

The only troll was Kalos Ultimate Victory because Serena and Ash went on a date that time.

If you call a shopping walking a date (that only existed in Serena's mind), you're allowed to do so... in the same way I'd say Iris and Satoshi had a real date in Nimbasa City.

SatoSereFan224888

Honestly there’s no reason to bring Ash to Paldea. I think the SV should focus on new original heroes that have no game counterparts. It’s becoming clear the anime are not bringing the game protagonists into the mainline anime.

PaperCutVictim

Partly yes, and partly the fandom just setting itself up with their own expectations and then having a complete meltdown when said expectations aren't met. It's like the insane hype around No Man's Sky and the utter meltdown when the game was garbage on release, and it was hilarious (to be fair, the game massively improved itself since). Honestly, a lot of times, the inevitable salt is more entertaining than the show itself, and the memories of the salt last longer. It's actually pretty funny.

Morax

King of heroes
Partly yes, and partly the fandom just setting itself up with their own expectations and then having a complete meltdown when said expectations aren't met. It's like the insane hype around No Man's Sky and the utter meltdown when the game was garbage on release, and it was hilarious (to be fair, the game massively improved itself since). Honestly, a lot of times, the inevitable salt is more entertaining than the show itself, and the memories of the salt last longer. It's actually pretty funny.
Not even close, people had all the reasons in the world to be hyped for No Man’s Sky, with all the advertising it got. Pokemon was just a dumb kid’s show.

PaperCutVictim

Not even close, people had all the reasons in the world to be hyped for No Man’s Sky, with all the advertising it got. Pokemon was just a dumb kid’s show.
They had all the reasons because Sony went ballistic on hyping an indie studio's first attempt at at triple A, and a fandom that just kept building up their own stupid expectations to unreasonable levels that would have been impossible to meet in the time they had. At any rate, the meltdown on release was hilarious.

Morax

King of heroes
They had all the reasons because Sony went ballistic on hyping an indie studio's first attempt at at triple A, and a fandom that just kept building up their own stupid expectations to unreasonable levels
How is it unreasonable to expect what you’ve been promised? And the game has vastly improved since launch so they are keeping their promises unlike a certain chinese cartoon made for breast-feeding toddlers.

PaperCutVictim

How is it unreasonable to expect what you’ve been promised? And the game has vastly improved since launch so they are keeping their promises unlike a certain chinese cartoon made for breast-feeding toddlers.
It is unreasonable when you're looking at these utterly insane promises and expecting an indie studio doing their first attempt at a triple A to knock it out of the park in that span of time. That was never going to happen, and that's not even hindsight talking. Anyone not high as a kite off the hype train would have realized the hype was out of control.

And yes, as I mentioned, the game has vastly improved. I will even go so far as to say they have exceeded the astronomical expectations that had been placed on it on release. Still doesn't change the fact the expectations at that time were unreasonable.

Morax

King of heroes
It is unreasonable when you're looking at these utterly insane promises and expecting an indie studio doing their first attempt at a triple A to knock it out of the park in that span of time. That was never going to happen, and that's not even hindsight talking. Anyone not high as a kite off the hype train would have realized the hype was out of control.

And yes, as I mentioned, the game has vastly improved. I will even go so far as to say they have exceeded the astronomical expectations that had been placed on it on release. Still doesn't change the fact the expectations at that time were unreasonable.
So…..customers are the ones at fault for believing in it and not the advertisement companies for making those ‘insane’ promises?

images