• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Journey’s series like to troll the Pokémon fandom?

BlueDragonfangirl

The most recent?

Alain appearing in the M8 tournament only to be fooder for leon and not having a rematch with ash, which also means the little chance reserves appear goes down even more.
But wait, there’s more. Iris battling Cynthia.

Its like Journey’s read all the negative feedback the past shows got and thought what can we do to top this?

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Yes he posted in the thread not too long ago. Hence the meltdown.
Yes, i saw it now, he posted the summary for episode 115 which says the first battle is Alain VS Leon.
first the writers dont give us proper explanation about Alain coming back to battle the strongest trainers even since his last appearance in XY&Z and now he will beaten by Leon, i get it know why some people are unsatisfied.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Y’all wheel out a new conspiracy theory about Tomiyasu/Journeys/staff every time you don’t get exactly what you want.

Give it a rest already.
Yeah criticism is one thing and the blatant stupidity and childish behaviour of yelling conspiracies at the staff and trying to belittle them is another

Like heck, I didn't want this either but that doesn't mean I start insulting IRL people over a freaking fictional show. It's not like they are going out of their way to troll the viewers, they are going about their own narrative, which doesn't include reserves and Alain battle unfortunately, but it isn't being done purposely to troll the fans, that's just some next level logic

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Hey let’s bring back reserves! Oh no, they won’t be battling.

Let’s bring back Greninja AND Alain in the same series! Oh no, they won’t be seeing each other..

Paul? Hehe, Paul is here to teach Ash a lesson.. that won’t be acted upon, because that would be silly. The Masters 8, which involves only champions, is not the Champions League either, so he won’t participate.

We should definitely bring Serena and Dawn back to influence Chloe.. but no the latter hasn’t progressed, or so much as evolved a Pokémon.

TR have always been good for showing close bonds with their Pokémon in episodes that revolve around them.. let’s scrap that.

I can go on..

Heekful

Hey let’s bring back reserves! Oh no, they won’t be battling.

Let’s bring back Greninja AND Alain in the same series! Oh no, they won’t be seeing each other..

Paul? Hehe, Paul is here to teach Ash a lesson.. that won’t be acted upon, because that would be silly. The Masters 8, which involves only champions, is not the Champions League either, so he won’t participate.

We should definitely bring Serena and Dawn back to influence Chloe.. but no the latter hasn’t progressed, or so much as evolved a Pokémon.

TR have always been good for showing close bonds with their Pokémon in episodes that revolve around them.. let’s scrap that.

I can go on..

Blame Tomiyasu, the worst director in the history of this anime. I wonder how he’ll handle the Scarlet and Violet anime, another 3 years of bait and salt, can’t wait !

Decidueye23

Yeah criticism is one thing and the blatant stupidity and childish behaviour of yelling conspiracies at the staff and trying to belittle them is another

Like heck, I didn't want this either but that doesn't mean I start insulting IRL people over a freaking fictional show. It's not like they are going out of their way to troll the viewers, they are going about their own narrative, which doesn't include reserves and Alain battle unfortunately, but it isn't being done purposely to troll the fans, that's just some next level logic
I mean definetly they shouldnt be insulted but i really really am curious about the narrative they have. Like what is going in their head. Because they heavily know whats going to make the fans happy. And unlike previous series, they are not bound by having to use his regional team for marketing and stuff. So i am just very curious as to why these choices are being made.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean definetly they shouldnt be insulted but i really really am curious about the narrative they have. Like what is going in their head. Because they heavily know whats going to make the fans happy. And unlike previous series, they are not bound by having to use his regional team for marketing and stuff. So i am just very curious as to why these choices are being made.
I think it's similar to the reason why some people here don't want Ash vs Alain
They don't want to rehash a battle already happened and want Ash to battle new members? They want the torch to be passed on in essence by having Leon triumph the previous unstoppable barrier for Ash?
They think it might be insulting to 'course correct' a battle that happened in XY instead of respecting the battle decision and having Ash shown to overcome Alain in different ways?
Or they wanted to boost merchandise sales with MCX vs Gigantamax Charizard
I mean, take your pick. But there are many reasons why they didn't go with Ash vs Alain instead of jumping to 'Writer evil, want to troll'

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I think it's similar to the reason why some people here don't want Ash vs Alain
They don't want to rehash a battle already happened and want Ash to battle new members? They want the torch to be passed on in essence by having Leon triumph the previous unstoppable barrier for Ash?
They think it might be insulting to 'course correct' a battle that happened in XY instead of respecting the battle decision and having Ash shown to overcome Alain in different ways?
Or they wanted to boost merchandise sales with MCX vs Gigantamax Charizard
I mean, take your pick. But there are many reasons why they didn't go with Ash vs Alain instead of jumping to 'Writer evil, want to troll'
But then they shouldn’t have included Alain to begin with. We had a Greninja episode, where Alain and MC-X were teased and where AG was absent from the flashback, similar to how Serena was left out in the Kalos flashback. 2 episodes later we had confirmation that Alain will be in the tournament, and everyone just thought they are going to to the obvious thing.

If they don’t want an Alain rematch, then they should’ve given his spot to Wallace, Alder, Paul or a Frontier Brain.

And I don’t but the merchandising theory. SwSh and GMax are dead, people care about PLA and SV. A battle between 2 Charizards would have made sense at the beginning of the series

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
And I don’t but the merchandising theory. SwSh and GMax are dead, people care about PLA and SV. A battle between 2 Charizards would have made sense at the beginning of the series
Lizardon’s popularity transcends games and generations, it’s the only Kanto starter you can get in vanilla SwSh and multiple characters’ ace Pokémon and staunchly popular to the bitter end. Lizardon fights have been a thing in Kanto, Jouto, Hoenn, Kalos and Alola Leagues as well as the Battle Frontier saga, Orange Islands and Decolora Adventure.

TheNewGuy

I don't think they enjoy the backlash - but I'm not sure how much of it gets to them or even matters to them.

Like how bad is the backlash with Japanese twitter for example? And are the people attacking the show there even in the show's target demographic?

Sorry if I sound like flip-flopping when it comes to Pokémon Journeys but still
the Truth is, I really don't enjoy that series but I like the returning characters and episodes but I didn't find Chloe and Goh that good either but I'd take Sword and Shield Anime over Pokémon Journeys if the focus only on Game Region and Game Characters are still a thing with some episodes like 10-20 Episodes, no Filler episodes in a Hypothetical Pokémon Sword and Shield Anime, Look I'm not saying that Pokémon Sword and shield Anime would replace Pokémon Journeys, I'm hoping that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Anime could be the next Pokémon XY well as the Next Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.

Heekful

Lizardon’s popularity transcends games and generations, it’s the only Kanto starter you can get in vanilla SwSh and multiple characters’ ace Pokémon and staunchly popular to the bitter end. Lizardon fights have been a thing in Kanto, Jouto, Hoenn, Kalos and Alola Leagues as well as the Battle Frontier saga, Orange Islands and Decolora Adventure.

According to recent official popular polls (Pokemon of the year 2020 for example) Charizard is not even the most popular anymore : Greninja and Lucario are both more popular and Sylveon/Umbreon are very close behind.

It’s just Gamefreak and the anime who are biased towards Charizard even if I don’t deny its popularity, they can’t stop putting it everywhere.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
According to recent official popular polls (Pokemon of the year 2020 for example) Charizard is not even the most popular anymore : Greninja and Lucario are both more popular and Sylveon/Umbreon are very close behind.

It’s just Gamefreak and the anime who are biased towards Charizard even if I don’t deny its popularity, they still can’t stop putting it everywhere.
That poll doesn't mean anything, it's only counting Pokemon in relation to their own generation and gives individuals one vote within that generation. It's not intergenerational and was flawed from the start, Mimikyu and Gekkouga are def not more popular than Pikachu and Lizardon.