• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Justin Bieber count as a “celebrity”?

Does Justin Bieber count as a “celebrity”?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Is Beiber known across the country? I'd say yes, so he's a musical celebrity.

How well they're known and how talented they actually are are two very separate things.

No. 1 Machop Fan

No. Like Corey Worthington (only Australians would know who he is), Justin Beiber is just another street teenager.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Honestly, I don't see why people dislike him.

Try having a sister obsessed with him. (And actually my sister is growing out of that phase so she is not that obsessed. It is not as bad as her obsession with the Jonas Brothers but it is bad nonetheless.)

So you don't like his music, doesn't mean you have a reason to hate someone you don't know.

Maybe media (news, youtube, etc.) shouldn't try and shove him down are throats. So little girls everywhere love him. Why should anyone that is not a teenage little girl have to put up with him being shoved down their throats? :/

He's never done anything to deserve the criticism he gets IMO.

He is a celebrity. Getting criticism, whether deserved or undeserved, is part of being a celebrity. And maybe if he was talented people wouldn't look down on him so much. I mean his whole career revolves around tween girls that will one day become teenagers and start crushing over a teen boy band, etc. The newer generation of tweens will have some other boy they obsess over who will end Bieber's career. That is how that tween-pop industry works.

Wow, you said she, how funny. Seriously, Justin Bieber jokes just aren't fun. There a pathetic attempt at humor.

... I thought Indragon's joke was funny...

Fenix

Tremulant
I only know he exists because of people going "lol Bieber," but that means he's enough of a celebrity to have people laughing at him. And that's enough for me. Really, it doesn't matter how much of a backstory they have or how much you think they "deserve" to be a celebrity; if they're famous, they're famous.
/thread

Actually all of pop music sounds like shit to me so I don't really understand how any one of them can be worse than the other. *shrug*

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Honestly I don't think that you need to be a backstory to be a celebrity whether its actor, singer, football star etc it's just who is famous that makes you a celebrity

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
http://lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.tumblr.com

These ladies would disagree on how easy it is to recognize Bieber from a lesbian. Every once in a while you find one that really does look like Bieber.

But the fact there is a website dedicated to lesbians who look like him shows he is obviously recognisable. DO you think lesbianswholooklikeLbsweet96.tumblr.com would have been a popular site? No, cause next to no one in the world knows who you are, or what you look like. The fact is a lot of people know what Justin Beeber looks like, so the site works.

You cant deny he is a celebrity. As belbackinblack said, Being a celebrity =/= having talent. Though I disagree about the next sentence. I think a lot of pop musicians are clever, they know what they are doing, and how to make them selves known. And the few that write their own songs clearly knows what sells, a how to make a killing of it.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
I count anyone who has people gushing on about them, making outrageous amounts of money for possibly mediocre singing, and has idiot photographers following them around as a "celebrity", but that doesn't mean they are anything else. You know, a few centuries ago, it was in fashion to castrate a small number of chorus boys to keep their singing careers intact. Now its seen a bit wrong. Oh well, if he's making enough money to compensate, good for him...i just hope his fans stay far from me...

Wow, you said she, how funny. Seriously, Justin Bieber jokes just aren't fun. There a pathetic attempt at humor.

they're. and no, they are not. get a sense of humour. :)
every celebrity gets made fun of. every human gets made fun of. Justin Bieber shouldn't be an exception.

if you have a group of prepubescent girls touching themselves to your picture and killing each other just to get a glimpse of you, i would say you are indeed a celebrity.

Profesco

gone gently

Yeah. Calling Justin Bieber a girl was probably pretty amusing the first time it was done. But that's all. It's not like calling someone the other gender is the height of wit, after all. It's kind of annoying now. =/

Anyway, Hammerheart ended this thread with his definition of celebrity. Justin Bieber's famous. The statement stands for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.