• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Justin Bieber count as a “celebrity”?

Does Justin Bieber count as a “celebrity”?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I thought I'd throw up this question: Does Justin Bieber count as a "celebrity”. In most cases, celebrities have a back-story, which leads up to a career that they kinda deserve. Justin Bieber kinda sprung up out of nowhere, and has gotten a career that hasn't exactly been deserved.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
justin bieber was discovered completely by mistake by a record companys ceo (or something). he accidently clicked on the justin vid when he meant something else. he saw how "good" (god help him) he was and offered him a record deal. so thats how he really just popped up out of nowhere. so im told...

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Taken from wikipedia (regardless of what people say about the site, this is a good description. )
"A celebrity (sometimes referred to as a celeb in popular culture) is a person who is easily recognized in a society or culture"

regardless of how fast he got there, he is still easily recognisable in society. (though not by me, as I had no really idea who I was prior to this thread. :p )

Indragon

Back in the USSR
In the strictest sense of the word, I'll have to say she is....somewhat.

Ammako

In all seriousness, one of my friend's friend bought shirts from cerain groups, and shortly after he bought each of them, a member of the group died.

"Buy a Justin Bieber shirt!"

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't see why not, even though I don't care very much for her (I only liked Ludacris' verse in 'Baby').

Hammerheart; said:
regardless of how fast he got there, he is still easily recognisable in society.
http://lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.tumblr.com

These ladies would disagree on how easy it is to recognize Bieber from a lesbian. Every once in a while you find one that really does look like Bieber.

(though not by me, as I had no really idea who I was prior to this thread. :p )

A thread on a pokemon forum helped you discover yourself? Good for you.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Justin Bieber is a "gay".

But nowadays, doesn't "celebrity" = "gay"?
hey! watch your words, youre saying i will become a gay! celebrities are lucky people....

the fact that justin bieber had luck doesnt mean he doesnt deserve it. only stupid idiots and dorks dont deserve it... oh wait! so bieber doesnt deserve it...
i think hes just too dorky and a big ego to be a celebrity, and his music sucks... and hes a girl.... and hes not so smart.

HoennMaster

He's famous, constantly mentioned, and has screaming fans. So yeah, he is.

Honestly, I don't see why people dislike him. So you don't like his music, doesn't mean you have a reason to hate someone you don't know. He's never done anything to deserve the criticism he gets IMO.

Justin Bieber is a "gay".

But nowadays, doesn't "celebrity" = "gay"?

WTF? That's just dumb.

In the strictest sense of the word, I'll have to say she is....somewhat.

Wow, you said she, how funny. Seriously, Justin Bieber jokes just aren't fun. There a pathetic attempt at humor.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Of course he/she/it is a celebrity. You see Justin is famous although he/she/it actually has no talent and is just another mindless drone created by the record companies who are trying to appeal to the newly created marketing demographic of "tweens." Being a celebrity =/= having talent. I would argue that most celebrities are talentless anyway.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I would say no since I don't know who Justin Bieber is.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
I say no.

While we're hatin', my friend's friend (sorry) lives in her hometown, and occasionally comes to visit.

~~~ACTUAL TRANSCRIPT~~~

Bieber: Hey, give me a donut.

Cashier: Get in line like everybody else.

Bieber: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!!

Cashier: I don't care who you are, get in line like everybody else.

~~~END~~~

The sugar might make her voice change though, best not to eat that donut.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I only know he exists because of people going "lol Bieber," but that means he's enough of a celebrity to have people laughing at him. And that's enough for me. Really, it doesn't matter how much of a backstory they have or how much you think they "deserve" to be a celebrity; if they're famous, they're famous.

I think a better question is does Justin Bieber count as a MALE?

Personally, I think he's a castrati. Explains the voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.