1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Does PBR ever get hard to play?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by James Bondage, Jan 23, 2009.

1. I only got this game about two weeks ago, but beings i have been playing for years, and aside form crystal version from the GameBoy Color days, I have every game, so having a custom card with EV'd trained/IV bread Poke's was not a problem, and without using any ubers, i haven't lost any battle except the roulette wheel thing. I have beat set 4 of Stargazer Colosseum, as well, and even though the magician guy at the end used Dialga and Garchomp, I still beat him. So, for my question, does this game ever get hard? Or should i just lay praise to the better graphics and start colecting Friend Codes?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. suicune lover

suicune lover smugpig

Sunset coloseum was quite hard for me.But you can do what you like.

3. Shadowkyle88

Shadowkyle88 Dragon/Electric Love

Set 4 of Stargazer Colliseum is still difficult i lose everytime when i get to the magician

4. corpy

corpy Blackest-Mamba

For me personnaly it never really got hard, but the diffrent game modes were fun to work through with my team. (beat the entire game, including the "new" colloseum 'unlocks' and an 100 streak in 23 hours)

Most fun for me however is online, as I can finnaly play against some comepetiton something that I was usely forced to do/limited to at national championships..

And some of the goodies you can spent your coupons on can be well worth it too of course, as is having a surfing pikachu.

5. Noheart

Noheart Mysterious Figure

Oh yis yis. Try Set 8 at Stargazer, buddy.

6. *slightly off topic side note*
    I love the "little battles" from this colosseum. It's my favorite colosseum, but it doesn't seem to get much harder, either, unfortunately. My team for my little battles is in my sig.
    *end side note*

7. BadIntent

BadIntent MSankey

All the 8th sets are pretty challenging to me. If none of 8th sets are at least mildly difficult for you, then you are a god. As a mortal, I must say the final battle against Mysterial was the toughest in-game pokemon battle I've ever been in.

8. ShinyCollector007

ShinyCollector007 Trainin's Over! DIE!

I get crushed in the 4th set ugghhh, but it will be getting hard.

9. BlazeBat

BlazeBat Blaziken Master

The hardest part for me was the roulette was the hardest for me. Less of a real challenge and more of random annoyances. Gengar and Crobat put every problem i ever come across to sleep. Yes that is a very poorly worded sentence.

10. The hardest part is the roulette. I have terrible luck, so the opponite would get all of my pokemon while I'd get his. Simple put: I got murdered.

11. NINJA PENGUIN

NINJA PENGUIN Well-Known Member

i struggle with the roulette to, and the last collosem

12. calum

calum Banned

stargazer 5th set i found hard

13. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

Set 4 of Master's Battle is hard for me. I always get to Mysterial but he beats me, but not easily. It usually ends up with one each, and his tends to be his Palkia.

14. Averyy

Averyy Ima firin' muh lazer

The Stargazer is a challenge.. I haven't played PBR in a while, but I'm at set 5.
    That 100 battles in a row thing was just too much for me.. I didn't feel like having to continue from a retire.

15. [Ampharos]

[Ampharos] They best be trollin

When the wiimote/reciever doesn't connect.
    When you're waving the wiimote around, trying to find it on the TV screen.
    Gotta be the hardest part.

After beating the entire story mode, I didn't bother with any of the special after main-game ones, just went online instead.

16. Paladin

Paladin THIS SPACE FOR RENT

When you battle under regular circumstances its a fairly easy game.

But when they shake things up by making you use only Rentals or choose who gets what team via roulette, THEN it gets difficult.

Sometimes more frustrating than difficult.

17. BadIntent

BadIntent MSankey

Quoted for the truth! I hate using the Wii remote on PBR.

18. c0cobread

c0cobread Arrogant trainer.

My friend who has it is stuck on the roulette challenge. I tried it myself but also failed. Is there some trick to it or do you have to use nidoran and so on?

Also when we did a battle via our ds we found that a bit difficult too. It was so finicky.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  19. MKFC

MKFC Shade of Blue

The only hard ones are Neon Colosseum and Stargazer Colosseum (the Master Mode, as in the one you get after beating the game)

20. COKTAL

COKTAL <-Newest Shiny!!!

It was tough for me, but that was before I got a DS w/ Diamond. Now that I don't have to use the passes, it's gotten alot easier.