• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does PBR ever get hard to play?

Patman

Cursed shadow
I'm not sure the computer players are even meant to be hard, they wouldn't know strategy if it slapped them across the face. They will KO a partner in a double battle for no apparent reason..

The only thing i found hard to do, and i dont recall which area it was, but when you are forced to choose 3 or four pokemon out of a set list of 12 or so..somehow my opponent always got my weaknesses >_>

go on wifi, bit more of a challenge there

Doomfire

Well, the stargazer colloseum master rounds are fun. 4, 5, 6, and 7 were easy, just because a im way better than i few months ago but...

But set 8 is very hard without ubers...

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
It was easy, then I got to Stargazer 8.

I was owned.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Roulette is VERY hard. Just try taking down four of your evil death beasts with the pathetic kakuna the CPU thinks might help him win somehow.

Higher level sunset colosseum and gateway colloseum can get hard too, but it's rally easy for anything you use your own pokemon on.

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
I'm not sure the computer players are even meant to be hard, they wouldn't know strategy if it slapped them across the face. They will KO a partner in a double battle for no apparent reason..

They actually have some amazing strategies in set 8, which I still haven't beaten. I'm using ubers, along with an EV trained Espeon.

wichu

The thing is, the main 'story' (i.e. before beating the Stargazer leader) is supposed to be beatable with rental passes, otherwise loads of people who bought this, but not D/P, would be angry.

But yes, Set 8 still annoys me. The first two are pretty easy (though I did lose to Cradily once by letting it set up), but the third trainer and the boss are harder. A Trick Room team is pretty hard to beat, especially if you didn't realise that Marowak and Rhyperior both have LightningRod and tried attacking Slowbro/Slowking with an Electric attack. The leader is hard for the sole reason that half of his Pokémon have Quick Claw/BrightPowder. Otherwise, he'd be pretty easy.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
I use some old cloned 100 rare candy trick in Emerald. I wish I could go back in time and EV train.

I only won set four by luck, and now I can't even get past the first pokemon in set five <_<

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I don't see how Stargazer 8 is hard. A well balanced team can easily own everything.

You just need Fire, Rock, Fighting, Electric, Grass, and Dark to score super effective hits on everything.

Cappie

Advanced trainer
I think set 7 in Stargazer colloseum is really hard, I haven't beaten it yet although many tries. There's some good strategies there, look out

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
i never playetd themaster rank till today. ._. it seems harder for me althoguth im using hacked ubers to win

Kyogre Master V3.0

Not really...well not for me anyways...i had a designated doubles team which i had been designing on and off for months which worked well together, so even stargazer colloseum set 8 wasn't a particular challenge (i think i only lost one or two pokemon :S)

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
wahh i hate sunset collusiem it is incredibly hard and i still havent beaten it
i wish it was in single battle and not double battle :p

Kurokotsu

Natural Fighter
Sunset is impossible for me. No matter who I choose, he always ends up attacking first when our Pokemon are the same. That's how I lost a Gabite in two turns...--___--

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
basically set 8 requires you uncanny strategy and ubers in team and youll probably still lose the first 6 times without even getting to masteria ya this game gets hard. try also 50all rank 8s those also are challenging

Tadashi

kiss my greens
GRR, I CURSE SUNSET COLOSSEUM.

I keep getting completely destroyed. Neon was difficult, but nothing compared to this one. I almost pulled out my hair the other day ^^; So, I'm basically stuck in my game :(