1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Does people even use forums like this anymore?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by BronzeHeart92, Nov 16, 2018.

1. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

If I have to guess, most people would nowadays chat on online services such as Discord. With these forums being a relic of an era where those things didn't exist yet. That said, it's kinda sad to see places like this neglected like that.

2. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

No, I never comment on forums like this. Never.

3. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

I see...

4. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

I still do sometimes. Although, more activity would still be nice.

5. Reyzadren

Reyzadren Arid trainer

Yes, I am still active on forums, even non-pokemon forums.

imo, forums are still a great place for discussions online, but most forums nowadays seem to have less activity as well as other problems.

6. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

Yeah... In many ways, forums like this one can be considered as a relic. Yeah, they can be great to meet people and all. But since most people are elsewhere nowadays, the implications should be clear.

7. GrizzlyB

GrizzlyB Confused and Dazed

Why would anyone use a newfangled thing like a forum when there are perfectly fine alternative communication services like the telegraph or Pony Express?

Ariki and keepitsimple like this.
  8. D*N

D*N Back from the death

Forums are great. It's a way to have deeper/better conversations with people who have the same interests from all over the world. The other way to communicate with these people is Facebook, but the conversations are definitely not going as deep over there.

I'm really active on fora. I've only lurked for a long time on this one, but I'm really active on another forum where I also have an in real life friendgroup on.

04n70n10 likes this.
  9. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Sylvester's Joltik was robbed

Yes I does use forums like this

10. Noa

Noa Just a little girl

Forums are definitely on the decline, but they're not dead yet. Dedicated forum users won't let that happen, at least not for a while. I only go on Pokemon forums, and I won't name any because I think it might be against the rules, but my primary forum is still very active, and I know there are one or two other Pokemon forums besides this one that still get a good bit of activity.

11. BronzeHeart92

BronzeHeart92 Member

I see... I guess you can PM at least some of the places you like to visit if you want.

12. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Yeah, I will admit that message boards are largely being replaced by other social media outlets. But this site has managed to maintain quite a lot of its member base.

13. Ariki

Ariki Well-Known Member

I think it is because of social media that discussions can take place outside the format of a forum. Other social media places provide multimedia abilities such as recording voice or video and disseminating that widely and readily.

Forums can’t do that.

14. Akwakwak

Akwakwak Chu Chu Yeah!

I was so used to the old Serebii, I kinda can't into this new version. Just turns me off, maybe if I post more I'll get used to it but idk.

15. Dragalge

Dragalge What the hell is this thing even useful for?

16. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

Dragalge likes this.
  17. Akwakwak

Akwakwak Chu Chu Yeah!

Yeah no, it was easier to navigate. Here I don't evrn know how to quote or what to click. It's not mobile friendly at all.

18. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Sylvester's Joltik was robbed

and old serebii was mobile friendly?

click reply to quote