• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does people even use forums like this anymore?

BronzeHeart92

If I have to guess, most people would nowadays chat on online services such as Discord. With these forums being a relic of an era where those things didn't exist yet. That said, it's kinda sad to see places like this neglected like that.

Reyzadren

Dark trainer
Yes, I am still active on forums, even non-pokemon forums.

imo, forums are still a great place for discussions online, but most forums nowadays seem to have less activity as well as other problems.

BronzeHeart92

Yes, I am still active on forums, even non-pokemon forums.

imo, forums are still a great place for discussions online, but most forums nowadays seem to have less activity as well as other problems.

Yeah... In many ways, forums like this one can be considered as a relic. Yeah, they can be great to meet people and all. But since most people are elsewhere nowadays, the implications should be clear.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Why would anyone use a newfangled thing like a forum when there are perfectly fine alternative communication services like the telegraph or Pony Express?

D*N

Musical Star
Forums are great. It's a way to have deeper/better conversations with people who have the same interests from all over the world. The other way to communicate with these people is Facebook, but the conversations are definitely not going as deep over there.

I'm really active on fora. I've only lurked for a long time on this one, but I'm really active on another forum where I also have an in real life friendgroup on.

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
Forums are definitely on the decline, but they're not dead yet. Dedicated forum users won't let that happen, at least not for a while. I only go on Pokemon forums, and I won't name any because I think it might be against the rules, but my primary forum is still very active, and I know there are one or two other Pokemon forums besides this one that still get a good bit of activity.

BronzeHeart92

Forums are definitely on the decline, but they're not dead yet. Dedicated forum users won't let that happen, at least not for a while. I only go on Pokemon forums, and I won't name any because I think it might be against the rules, but my primary forum is still very active, and I know there are one or two other Pokemon forums besides this one that still get a good bit of activity.
I see... I guess you can PM at least some of the places you like to visit if you want.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Yeah, I will admit that message boards are largely being replaced by other social media outlets. But this site has managed to maintain quite a lot of its member base.

Ariki

I think it is because of social media that discussions can take place outside the format of a forum. Other social media places provide multimedia abilities such as recording voice or video and disseminating that widely and readily.

Forums can’t do that.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I was so used to the old Serebii, I kinda can't into this new version. Just turns me off, maybe if I post more I'll get used to it but idk.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Yeah no, it was easier to navigate. Here I don't evrn know how to quote or what to click. It's not mobile friendly at all.

Missingno.Fan

I like forums like this. I find it easier to have a conversation on sites like these then on most social media platforms.