• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does sarah natochenny protray Ash correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Sarah Natochenny portray Ash correctly?

I'm not saying her voice acting ability is bad, but is the voice she's given Ash the correct portrayal of his character? Do some of you feel she makes Ash look bad in a way?

I've heard many people say that her voice of Ash doesn't match his character, and it makes him sound very babyish

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
i personally prefer ashs newer voice the the old voice because in the old series it portrayed him as w moaner and a whiner,but on the other handit shows as as very impatient in this series

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
There's one thing that I don't like about Sarah's voice acting. I can't quite place it but it somehow seems sort of...forced? I think it's better now with BW but through DP I heard it all the time. Ugh I'm picky with voices anyways

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I think Sarah portrays Ash as an evolution to his own character. In Veronica's seasons Ash was an immature, brash and stubborn young boy, yet he was sweet and loyal. Sarah's Ash retains most of these qualities, but obviously he's more mature, and in his (uncommon) funny moments he's much more adorable in how it shows that he's still a 10 year old, after all.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
There's one thing that I don't like about Sarah's voice acting. I can't quite place it but it somehow seems sort of...forced? I think it's better now with BW but through DP I heard it all the time. Ugh I'm picky with voices anyways

I'd agree with that. Sarah's acting is not natural.

Even with her faults, once Veronica found her groove, Ash always sounded like a person. Sarah Ash sounds artificial, fake if you will.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
sarah sounds a little to old for a 10 year old veronica's version of ash actually sounded like a kid, sarah's voice would be better if ash was around 13-15 years old but since he's 10 veronica is automatically better

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I like how Sarah's voice acting sounds a little more mature, but I feel it sounds less "real" than Veronica's. As someone earlier mentioned, Veronica took a while to figure out how to portray her character, but when she did, she really got into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.