• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does Sword and Shield have an online trade/transfer feature in the game?

urrutiap

In either Sword or Shield game do hey have a pokemon online trade transfer building like the old games such as Alpha Sapphire and the Sun/Moon games had?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
In either Sword or Shield game do hey have a pokemon online trade transfer building like the old games such as Alpha Sapphire and the Sun/Moon games had?
You mean like a GTS? The GTS has migrated to Pokémon Home and all such trades occur there now. If you want to do wonder trades—called surprise trades in the game—then SwSh has that available as part of the online functionality in the lower left-hand corner.

urrutiap

yes I do mean the old fashioned GTS that was easy to go online and trade with other people for Alpha Sapphire.

Is the GTS back for Pokemon Sword/Shield?

Det. Viper

yes I do mean the old fashioned GTS that was easy to go online and trade with other people for Alpha Sapphire.

Is the GTS back for Pokemon Sword/Shield?
No. The GTS is in the mobile app version of Pokémon Home. This is the case for all Pokémon games on the Switch.

urrutiap

well, whatever.

ill figure it myself

I miss the old fashioned easier way of the GTS for the older games when the GTS online trading was easy to use and not a complicated mess for the newer Switch games

vondecayle

well, whatever.

ill figure it myself

I miss the old fashioned easier way of the GTS for the older games when the GTS online trading was easy to use and not a complicated mess for the newer Switch games
Totally agree. They complicated things for no reason.

Det. Viper

Totally agree. They complicated things for no reason.
Not necessarily. By keeping it all in one program they don’t have to develop it multiple times for the Switch. Otherwise we’d have a GTS for LGPE, SwSh, BDSP & PLA plus in SV once they release. Now instead of 5 independent systems there is just one system for handling all of that. It actually makes it less complicated.