• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does the cloning cheat normally do this?

De0XYS

I was using a togepi to clone, and after a while i went to get the pokemon out, but when i took them out sometimes they turned into other pokemon i've never even caught before! One of them was a red wartortle that it said was charmander, and had pokerus.
And then, when i saved it i noticed it had completed my pokedex!?
Has this happened to anyone else?

Dreamer

living in a dream
sounds like it screwed up your game

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
all thats ever happened to me was a pokemon got turned into the ???? pokemon or its name was the same as its hold item or it held the teru-sama

TYRANITAR_X

TYPHLOSION_X
that happened to me but i got a kindra,flareon,charmander,magby with pokerus and teru-sama and my suicune got deleted they had diffrent names to

mewfanforlife

I've never heard of that, but my friends whole team was deleted by a cloning mistake.

De0XYS

TYRANITAR_X said:
that happened to me but i got a kindra,flareon,charmander,magby with pokerus and teru-sama and my suicune got deleted they had diffrent names to
I got a kingdra aswell, and now i think i might have a bad egg because of it. (The cheat that is.) Sorry to go on about it, im just saying.

legend slayer

im some guy
pokerus is normal but pokemon getting deleted... thats weird and when you mean clonse as in breed? cuz iv tried breedin many time nothin happens
iv breeded all the jhoto starters all pokemon colosuim pokemon nothin happened

lazyslothboy

the pwner of worlds
no cloning is where you duplicate a pokemon in your team so that you have another one with the exact same stats, attacks, and items attached. you use it to get more than one of a one of a kind pokemon or to clone items, such as masterballs, rare candys, etc.

anyway, i have cloned tons of my pokemon in my silver game, but nothing has happened to me yet, except that I was cloning suicune and I had just caught Ho-oh, then I forgot to save after catching it, so I ended up getting a extra snorlax, but I lost Ho-oh=(, but then i just got one from my gold game =)

Last edited:

De0XYS

The egg i got from daycare (i didn't even have any pokemon in to breed) is holding something and has a question mark for it's name, this must mean it's a bad egg right? The game must be pretty glitched up to do all this without a gameshark or something.

pokemon master 4ever

Rainbow trainer
All i can remember happining when i was cloning my starter pokemon(typhlosion),was that it turned into a Ditto at lvl 9(clone) but the real one was fine.I need to know if it is normal when ur playing your game and tring to buy an item from the mart,and the man say's welcome to Abra's shop.Then you try to not buy nothing and suddenly the game freezes on you,is this even normal.

When you deposit and change box and turn off while saving, it clones the pokemon.
When you withdraw and change box and turn off while saving, it deletes the pokemon.

De0XYS

Yeah, but mine wasn't completed fully i've realised now. When you do certain things, it comes up a message that says "this game is only to be played on a game boy color" or something. This happens when you try to go on the unown dex. (For me.)
Here's a picture of the wartortle glitch i mentioned earlier:
http://www.freewebs.com/de0xys/pokmon4.jpg

Last edited:

Dratini 79

I cloned my Eevee once and nothing weird happend.

Pure

back.
Yeah. Maybe a slight error while performing the trick provoked this.