• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does the fourth gen suck?

These games are S---------L-----------O-------------W

seriously, if you play with the animations on it would take you just as long to complete a regular battle as to do this fight in the 3rd gen:

Smeargle@leftovers
own tempo
rapid spin
rest
sleep talk
rest

Shuckle@leftovers
sandstorm
defense curl
rest
sleep talk

seriously, if you play with the animations on it would take you just as long to complete a regular battle as to do this fight in the 3rd gen:

Smeargle@leftovers
own tempo
rapid spin
rest
sleep talk
rest

Shuckle@leftovers
sandstorm
defense curl
rest
sleep talk

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer

Smeargle@leftovers
own tempo
rapid spin
rest
sleep talk
rest

Shuckle@leftovers
sandstorm
defense curl
rest
sleep talk
fyi, a pokemon can't learn the same move twice at once

Cenzo

Red: True Master
IMO the 4th gen are the best games yet. i like the 3rd gen and all but this gen utilizes the best parts of all three previous gens and adds some great new features. Poketch anyone?

4th Gen seems fine to me, it may be lacking in some things, but it's all good.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Diamond and Pearl are fine. If you were expecting innovation in story or gameplay, then I honestly don´t see why you´re still playing this franchise. I liked the new Pokémon, I liked Team Galactic, I liked random NPCs calling me a n00b, and I liked how the series has learned to make fun of itself.

Furthermore, it has astronomically huge replay value along with the chance of catching more species of Pokémon and in any previous installation. Replay value (the lack thereof) was the main reason why Ruby and Sapphire didn´t step up to the height of Gold and Silver. What was there to do in Hoenn after defeating the (very easy) Elite Four? The Legendaries. The Battle Tower. In Diamond and Pearl you have the Legendaries, the Pokéradar, the entire northeast island, the Battle Tower and a number of other things I´m forgetting. Sinnoh delivered what was expected, and that´s all I expect from Pokémon.

Typhlo64

personally, i don't like the hoenn region to much. Probably me least favorite region, Johto/Kanto being the best. But fourth gen is definately one of my favorites.

Skarigon

Mmm, Cheese.
Diamond and Pearl are fine. If you were expecting innovation in story or gameplay, then I honestly don´t see why you´re still playing this franchise. I liked the new Pokémon, I liked Team Galactic, I liked random NPCs calling me a n00b, and I liked how the series has learned to make fun of itself.

Furthermore, it has astronomically huge replay value along with the chance of catching more species of Pokémon and in any previous installation. Replay value (the lack thereof) was the main reason why Ruby and Sapphire didn´t step up to the height of Gold and Silver. What was there to do in Hoenn after defeating the (very easy) Elite Four? The Legendaries. The Battle Tower. In Diamond and Pearl you have the Legendaries, the Pokéradar, the entire northeast island, the Battle Tower and a number of other things I´m forgetting. Sinnoh delivered what was expected, and that´s all I expect from Pokémon.

AND now we are doomed about the 5th gen because it will be OR too massive or wost make us happy

SurfSinnoh

I kinda like the 4th gen. so I don't have to much to complain about. It would be a lot better if you could ride your bike from one end to another.

ME2

Iz dat wut I tink?
What I loved about (Kanto in perticular) the older versions had a more challenging storyline. The new one and old ones are EXTREMLY similar, but the pokemon you begin with are MUCH differant.

In DP you can start with 3 pokemon that last you through the entire game, you just need to get some HM bi-----. I beat DP (Twice I lost my old Daimond. :() with three pokemon (HM bi---- btw) without beaing beaten ONCE. (With exception of first getting my Turtwig who died against lvl3 when he had about 5 health..)
However in Kanto I was forced to use 4 pokemon (OH NO! Poor me :p) Which ended up being a major pain compared to DP, for it took a LOT longer to train them all. I do like however that you ACTUALLY need to use HM's. (Kanto you really only needed surf and just to get to cinnabar, strength for Victory road and the volcano island, waterfall for victory road.. I digress) My favorite region is Hoenn btw. ;) It was the first real update to the graphics. :D(You could say GSC did too) Awell. :p

You know, it'd be TOTALLY AWESOME if they just made the next versions for Wii. (Other than not having much freedom to it) If not making it so, atleast making the console version worth playing! It aught to be the region in 3-D, like as if they'd do that though... :(

Last edited:
Is ANYONE else noticing that half of the arguements in this thread could just as easily be applied to R/S/E, which EVERYONE is worshiping now? IIRC, these are almost exactly the same things that people said about R/S/E.

And honestly, I prefer D/P to R/S/E infinitely. Less stupid and convulted overworld, for one.

Edit: And if you really think being able to blaze through the game with one starter is something new...o_O

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
The only thing I find that 'sucks' in 4th gen are the new Pokemon designs. I am only satisfied with a few, like Glaceon... and Lopunny... but majority, meh.

janoth

Northra Writer
the only thing I've got agianst this gen is that there aren't many original pokemon. Most of them are just evos and pre evos.