• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does the world need more Atheist?

Ethan

Banned
My apologies crobatman, while I agree your intentions are noble, this debate is far too vague. Can we narrow things a little?

OK so now we are bashing the atheists now. And when we go to post something like this we get closed down/banned/get infractions and hear the crying and whining of a billion people of Jesus (over stating it but there are a lot).

I'm sick of the whining and BAWWWWWWing shit some atheists spew, but you don't hear me complaining.

Case point=mimefan.

Josiah

is your favorite
It has bad thoughts toward Christians which is bashing but the poster don't come out and say hey look all Atheists are basically worthless and do nothing for the world like this thread does. In the quoted part of the first post. Then state that we are like the The Soviet Union. But do we state you to be like lets say Hitler (Catholic but no one says anything about that) and his party.
People have brought Hitler and the Nazis up in debates before. It's just as misguided imo as bringing up Stalin and the Soviets in relation to atheism.

I didn't say I supported to topic starters post, I only meant that atheists have done similar things.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
People have brought Hitler and the Nazis up in debates before. It's just as misguided imo as bringing up Stalin and the Soviets in relation to atheism.

I didn't say I supported to topic starters post, I only meant that atheists have done similar things.

Yes we have I'm not denying that Im just saying the poster says things but yet they are uninformed on the fact they do the same exact things as we do there are nice people on both sides and D-Bags on both sides. Just if its not fair for one side to be treated one way then it wouldn't fair to treat the other side that way either. And I just used Hitler as an example as the poster used the Soviets even as misguided as both examples are. I don't really care what your believe in just as long as your cool with what I believe in as well :) even though you do one thing and I another we still live on one big ball together can't we get along lol cheesy saying but still has its effect.

Last edited:

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
So... why do you care if we care? Shouldn't it not matter? Or is it discomforting?

I care because people are downing all people that are Atheist and not just the bad Atheists but the good ones too. But yet the poster thinks they or their friend is better then us. When they act and do things just like us. And thats why I care. But as far as me hating you guys for liking Jesus or whoever you like. thats not the case I just hate those that hate me and I did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
I care because people are downing the whole people of Atheistism and not just the bad. Just like we do to you, but yet the poster thinks they are or their friend is better then us. When they are just like us thats why I care. But as far as me hating you guys for liking Jesus or whoever you like thats not the case I just hate those that hate me and I did nothing wrong.

First of all...
I can't understand half of that.
Second, they don't hate you, they're just trying to debate a point for their side.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
First of all...
I can't understand half of that.
Second, they don't hate you, they're just trying to debate a point for there side.

By downing the other side. And they talked about all Atheists by saying they never have or will do anything for the world and thats one of the main things why I have these feelings and thoughts about this thread.

And yeah I'm editing my other post lol sorry its unclear I type as I go and some times it comes out weird lol :p

Last edited:
By downing the other side. And they talked about all Atheists by saying they never have or will do anything for the world and thats one of the main things why I have these feelings and thoughts about this thread.

That's one person though.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
What the world needs is tolerable human beings and not ignorant people.
Fucking YES! And it doesn't matter who or what these people are! Or... it shouldn't. But, alas, for many intolerant swines, it does.

Every Christian I've spoken to. Every single one of them IRL that I've told that I was Atheist always give me the SAME response.

"You're going to hell lol/I feel bad for you man."
Really? Every single atheist I've spoken to (who I've told I was Christian) said that my beliefs were all bullshit, that there is no heaven and we all just disappear when we die, that Jesus didn't exist (even though he WAS a historical person), and that I base my existance on fairytales. Small world isn't it?
Look, the truth is that both these atheists I've spoken to and these christians you've spoken to are no different. They think that their beliefs are supreme above all others and insist on insulting other beliefs because it makes them feel better about theirs. Guess what, buddy? Your belief, my belief. For both of them there is an equal chance that they are wrong, neither is superior. For the love of God (no pun intended) can't we just accept and love each other the way we are? I see the reason in the atheist's belief in evolution and the big bang and I believe in them as well, I'm not blind (although neither of them really have anything to do with any religion whatsoever). So can the atheist now open their minds and see the reason behind Jesus' words and actions? I'm reffering to the Golden Rule and that one part where he says "Love your neighbour." That does not mean don't fight with, it means love! As you love yourself. Yes...

The world doesn't need more of anything but people who will reach out and understand one another. People who will talk about beliefs together instead of all this prejudice. People who will try to love one another instead of judging each other based on anything. Get where I'm coming from?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Really? Every single atheist I've spoken to (who I've told I was Christian) said that my beliefs were all bullshit, that there is no heaven and we all just disappear when we die, that Jesus didn't exist (even though he WAS a historical person), and that I base my existance on fairytales. Small world isn't it?
Look, the truth is that both these atheists I've spoken to and these christians you've spoken to are no different. They think that their beliefs are supreme above all others and insist on insulting other beliefs because it makes them feel better about theirs. Guess what, buddy? Your belief, my belief. For both of them there is an equal chance that they are wrong, neither is superior. For the love of God (no pun intended) can't we just accept and love each other the way we are? I see the reason in the atheist's belief in evolution and the big bang and I believe in them as well, I'm not blind (although neither of them really have anything to do with any religion whatsoever). So can the atheist now open their minds and see the reason behind Jesus' words and actions? I'm reffering to the Golden Rule and that one part where he says "Love your neighbour." That does not mean don't fight with, it means love! As you love yourself. Yes...
Do you know the reason I typed my personal experiences?

Strants

I'm just going to question why the person said 'the world needs more atheist' not 'atheists' or 'another atheist.' It could simply mean the world needs to be more skeptical, more immune to blind faith. After all, many hate groups had religous roots; the civil rights movement was combatted by claims that the Bible justified and made right the treatments of blacks (it didn't, but then, isn't that even more reason to fear blind faith? False prophets and people who try to mislead using the Bible?)

Realistically, I don't think we need more of any religious (or non-religious, for that matter) group. As people have already said, what this world needs more of is kind, tolerant people, people who can form their own beliefs to a certain extent (this doesn't mean religious groups can't still be religious, just that they can back up what they say is right or wrong with an argument).

(This post was not meant to be offensive to anyone's religious beliefs. If you took offense, I apologize.)

Mini Minun

Twin Bolts of Light
Hmmm...Well, I agree to this statement, more because it's harder to do something under the banner of "atheistic fundamentalism" (Who ever heard of such a word? Anyway, no current historical proof. If you're going to bring up Stalin, the only reason Stalin insisted on state atheism is because not only did the Communist ideology reject religion (Karl Marx) but also because the church can interfere while he's trying to govern the country) than religious fundamentalism.

That said, I can't see why I wouldn't go against religion if there weren't people who are fundamentalists. But the sad truth is that there's plenty in most Middle East countries, the US, etc. Also, Religion should stop spreading their faith. On a final note, even if there was religion, criticism should be free and widespread, but not without reason. (e.g. They believe in Satan, OMFG...etc.)

crobatman

the world needs more people who are willing to contribute for the greater benefit of all, and that have the capacity to learn, atheist or not

I like that post. I agree, that the world needs more people to contribute the benefit of all. However, do you understand the point I was trying to make?
How can an atheist determine what is good for anyone but his/herself?

My apologies crobatman, while I agree your intentions are noble, this debate is far too vague. Can we narrow things a little?

Did I make it more narrow? I am trying to bring debate on the philosophical side of atheism.I think Atheism is a manmade belief that the world does not need. Atheists believe that there is no God, so many believe there is no need for a belief in God.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
crobatman said:
How can an atheist determine what is good for anyone but his/herself?
The same way everybody else does.

crobatman said:
I think Atheism is a manmade belief that the world does not need. Atheists believe that there is no God, so many believe there is no need for a belief in God.
What's so wrong with being atheist? For one, you're only targetting strong Atheists but even then they're just as good as weak ones.

Why does the world 'not' need it?

And what do you mean by manmade? Babies are weak atheists by definition.

DarkPsychoBoost

Future World Emperor
An atheist has no reason to contribute for the greater benefit of all or help people unless personal gain is involved, or to show that the previous statement false. I mean, why help poor suffering people or contribute to charities if you're not going to get anything in return.

If I were an atheist, I wouldn't care since it would all be over after I die. I would rather enjoy my life while it lasts. There aren't any atheist hospitals or orphanages and there will never be.

sanjay120

?(???)?
'weak athiests'? do you mean 'agnostics'?

i determine which is right or wrong by:

reduce the amount of suffering in the world by as much as possible.

that's it.

EDIT: ahahahahaha morals being a religious concept. the athiest/agnostic reasoning for doing good is because it's the right thing to do.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
An atheist has no reason to contribute for the greater benefit of all or help people unless personal gain is involved, or to show that the previous statement false. I mean, why help poor suffering people or contribute to charities if you're not going to get anything in return.

If I were an atheist, I wouldn't care since it would all be over after I die. I would rather enjoy my life while it lasts. There aren't any atheist hospitals or orphanages and there will never be.
Atheism is merely a stance in belief of a higher power. How on Earth does it have anything to do with your personal beliefs?

I won't deny Christians making orphanages and the like, but they'd do it if they were Atheist too. If you need God to help people, those are the exact people we need less of. >_>

How about you answer this: Why do Christians, as a ratio, go to jail more?

'weak athiests'? do you mean 'agnostics'?
Agnostic root word - Doubt
Atheist root word - Lack of belief

How they are the same- they both lack beliefs.
How they are different- how they arrive at the conclusion.

Dr. Ste

Pokemon Breeder
How about you answer this: Why do Christians, as a ratio, go to jail more?

Hypocrisy to draw sympathy, or failure in learning Christianity effectively I guess? Anyway, are you implying that Christianity leads people to crime? While atheism makes people lawful? There may be different factors that lead to this statistical *evidence*, how do you support this claim theoretically?

I don't know what ******** you all have heard or been taught, but hear this: God does NOT hate atheists, sinners, other religions etc. No, you probably won't go to hell. Christianity is mainly the New Testament, NOT the Old. The Bible is NOT a science book, no, it does not support creationism, evolution, gravity, I don't know what. It is uninterested. Christianity is guidelines to life. This life. Only. End.

To contribute, I may be too generalising and unfair, but generally, an atheist denies some principles. Which can contribute to anarchy and chaos. More atheists can increase the denial of the social principles, thus create more chaos. We want peace in society... On the other hand, we don't want dogmatic acceptance, sheep, either. The ideal would be to have people that are both mentally active and productive (personally), and abiding to social rules and laws (socially), provided they are ideal too. I have seen dogmatic Christians (parents, not knowing much etc), thoughtful Christians (few), dogmatic atheists (it makes you look cool! modern fashion), thoughtful atheists (few again...), to what extent can we describe society's "needs" towards religion or atheism?

Hypocrisy to draw sympathy, or failure in learning Christianity effectively I guess? Anyway, are you implying that Christianity leads people to crime? While atheism makes people lawful? There may be different factors that lead to this statistical *evidence*, how do you support this claim theoretically?

I don't know what ******** you all have heard or been taught, but hear this: God does NOT hate atheists, sinners, other religions etc. No, you probably won't go to hell. Christianity is mainly the New Testament, NOT the Old. The Bible is NOT a science book, no, it does not support creationism, evolution, gravity, I don't know what. It is uninterested. Christianity is guidelines to life. This life. Only. End.
  • You have obviously never read the Bible and are not a Christian, so stop acting like you have and are.
  • From a Christian perspective, yes, he WILL go to Hell, well, I don't know that, barring a life-changing epiphany, he will, unless he believes in Christ.
  • God doesn't hate anyone, of course, but he laments the fact that many do not believe in Him despite the evidence for Him.
  • The Bible is a science book, if you'd read it, you'd know that according to it, everything in it is valid when interpreted correctly.
  • The Bible does support Creationism, I don't know what book you were reading. But Creationism doesn't have to be unscientific (siggy link).