• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this trick work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lando87

You've been OreOwned
So i got some level 100 poke's and i was wondering if they could be EV trained, and while googling around i found this, and i was wondering if it works (Sorry if this has been posted but the search function aint working for me and i didn't see anything in the few pages i glanced through.)

How to EV train your level 100 Pokemon in the 4th Generation Games
This simple trick for EV training your level 100, Generation 4 Pokemon might have been found out already, and be posted somewhere, but if it has, it has been overlooked by me. If this trick isn't out there anywhere, I'm glad to have discovered it.

Have you ever recieved a level 100 Pokemon that has the potential to be good, but it's EV's just aren't in the right place for you? If you have, please read further, this will help you out alot.

First, to save some people some reading time, I will give ONLY the steps of how to do this correctly. Second, I will give the step-by-step details of how I discovered how to do this.

Section One (How to EV train your Level 100 Pokemon in Generation Four.)

Step 1) Use stat reducing berries (Pomeg for HP, Kelpsy for Attack, Qualot for Defense, Hondew for Special Attack, Grepa for Special Defense, Tamato for Speed), and remove ALL of your Pokemon's Effort Points.

Step 2) Give you Pokemon one Effort Point in a stat that it will NOT be needing it in.

Step 3) EV train your Pokemon, as usual, with either vitamins or through battling. Be sure to give it ALL of the Effort Points in ALL of the stats you will want them to be in, or you will have to start these steps over again.

Step 4) Remove the one extra Effort point you gave your Pokemon. Upon completion of these four steps, you will have successfully EV trained your level 100 pokemon with the stats you want it to have.

Section Two (How I discovered that this trick really works.)

I was EV training an Altaria today, and I rare candied it up to level 90 before I trained it in any way. When I was training it to have the exact EV's I wanted, I accedentally gave it an EV I didn't want it to have. By this time I had already given it 252 EV's in HP (The maximum allowed for a Pokemon in any one stat). I used a stat reducing berry to remove the EV I didn't want, and noticed that upon doing this, and without leveling it up, it's HP jumped from 290, to 315.

I completed EV training on the Altaria, but wondered if this was a version of the old "Box Trick" from the 3rd Generation games, so I had a Bold, level 100 Celebi I have always wished was EV trained differently, so I tried the steps I listed in the first section on it. AND IT WORKED!!!

I cannot confirm that this trick works in Diamond and Pearl Versions, but I can confirm it works in Platinum Version. If someone out there wishes to try this trick on Diamond or Pearl to confirm or disprove that it works with those games, it would be helpful.

Thank you for your time in reading this guide, and I hope this can help you better train your Pokemon.

jellsprout

It worked? A Pokémon of level 100 doesn't gain any EV's from battling. Did you use vitamins for the EV training or did you battle?
By the way, the "Box Trick" still works, only not on level 100 Pokémon. Because they don't gain any EV's from battling. The same applies to the 3rd gen games. The "Box Trick" only worked on level 100 Pokémon in the 1st and 2nd gen.

ivanreal

Hysteria Clan Leader
I think jeyre80 already tried doing this, he said he tried it with an altaria too o_O

LugiaRox

Flaming Donkeys
this seems suspicious because as jellsprout already said lv 100 pokemn dont gain ev's from battling and whats the point of step 2 and 4 ? could you post a link to the page you found this guide?

DarthVader

I would be interested in this because I have no way of EV training my event Arceus, as I got it at level 100. Unless I just use vitamins of course...

TheGambit

Azurill evolved!
No, this would not work if your Pokemon are at Level 100. Notice how this persons Altaria is not at level 100, it is level 90. So I suppose that level limit for this strategy is Levels 1-99. I will test this on Pokemon Diamond, but I doubt if anything is Level 100, much will happen.

lando87

You've been OreOwned
http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=57184

that is where i found it

No, this would not work if your Pokemon are at Level 100. Notice how this persons Altaria is not at level 100, it is level 90. So I suppose that level limit for this strategy is Levels 1-99. I will test this on Pokemon Diamond, but I doubt if anything is Level 100, much will happen.

Guy said he tried it on a lvl 100 poke and it worked, but seeing as the thread didn't get many hit was just wondering what the smart ppl here on serebii could tell me.

http://pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=57184

that is where i found it

Guy said he tried it on a lvl 100 poke and it worked, but seeing as the thread didn't get many hit was just wondering what the smart ppl here on serebii could tell me.

So are you calling people on pokebeach thick?
Anyway, I was going to try this when I first saw it but I never got around to it. It seems like most people eho tried it got it to work and mabye It could be some kind of glitch or somthing.

Grei

not the color
So are you calling people on pokebeach thick?
Anyway, I was going to try this when I first saw it but I never got around to it. It seems like most people eho tried it got it to work and mabye It could be some kind of glitch or somthing.

No... no, I don't believe he said anything like that. '_';

Uhm, but anyway.

I always thought that a Level 100 Pokemon could still gain EVs, just that those EVs would never be transferred into stats because the Pokemon could never level up.

Champion Shirona

I thought Lv100 can't gain EVs anymore?

Roknar

But it's better than drinking alone
So i got some level 100 poke's and i was wondering if they could be EV trained, and while googling around i found this, and i was wondering if it works (Sorry if this has been posted but the search function aint working for me and i didn't see anything in the few pages i glanced through.)

How to EV train your level 100 Pokemon in the 4th Generation Games
This simple trick for EV training your level 100, Generation 4 Pokemon might have been found out already, and be posted somewhere, but if it has, it has been overlooked by me. If this trick isn't out there anywhere, I'm glad to have discovered it.

Have you ever recieved a level 100 Pokemon that has the potential to be good, but it's EV's just aren't in the right place for you? If you have, please read further, this will help you out alot.

First, to save some people some reading time, I will give ONLY the steps of how to do this correctly. Second, I will give the step-by-step details of how I discovered how to do this.

Section One (How to EV train your Level 100 Pokemon in Generation Four.)

Step 1) Use stat reducing berries (Pomeg for HP, Kelpsy for Attack, Qualot for Defense, Hondew for Special Attack, Grepa for Special Defense, Tamato for Speed), and remove ALL of your Pokemon's Effort Points.

Step 2) Give you Pokemon one Effort Point in a stat that it will NOT be needing it in.

Step 3) EV train your Pokemon, as usual, with either vitamins or through battling. Be sure to give it ALL of the Effort Points in ALL of the stats you will want them to be in, or you will have to start these steps over again.

Step 4) Remove the one extra Effort point you gave your Pokemon. Upon completion of these four steps, you will have successfully EV trained your level 100 pokemon with the stats you want it to have.

Section Two (How I discovered that this trick really works.)

I was EV training an Altaria today, and I rare candied it up to level 90 before I trained it in any way. When I was training it to have the exact EV's I wanted, I accedentally gave it an EV I didn't want it to have. By this time I had already given it 252 EV's in HP (The maximum allowed for a Pokemon in any one stat). I used a stat reducing berry to remove the EV I didn't want, and noticed that upon doing this, and without leveling it up, it's HP jumped from 290, to 315.

I completed EV training on the Altaria, but wondered if this was a version of the old "Box Trick" from the 3rd Generation games, so I had a Bold, level 100 Celebi I have always wished was EV trained differently, so I tried the steps I listed in the first section on it. AND IT WORKED!!!

I cannot confirm that this trick works in Diamond and Pearl Versions, but I can confirm it works in Platinum Version. If someone out there wishes to try this trick on Diamond or Pearl to confirm or disprove that it works with those games, it would be helpful.

Thank you for your time in reading this guide, and I hope this can help you better train your Pokemon.

Ridiculous. Level 100s cannot under any circumstance gain EVs.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
rather than everyone speculating i can confirm i've just tried this method & it didn't work for me

best bet is go 25/25/25/25/25/2 with vitamins on lvl 100 pokemon still unfortunately

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I think it's been stated that this is quite fake... going to close so it doesn't get bumped again.

Status
Not open for further replies.