• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does your starter have to be the strongest pokemon in your party?

PokemonTrainerKaden

Unless they are all lvl 100 i prefer it to be. Its normally got the highest stats out of my pokemon so I gotta keep it strong.

Serebii!

Yes. I like to have my starter as the strongest Pokemon in my party, I want to do it because Gym Leaders and other trainers always have one Pokemon who is a couple of levels higher so I do the same with my starter

Suffice

Defying the odds
Nah, In HG/SS my Umbreon was my stronest, and in B/W Zebstrika was my strongest pokemon. It really depends on how often I need to use the starter > Others.

DooblyDooHaxorus

Sometimes On.....
Yeah on R/S my Absol is highest, so I think we're agreed.

It doesn't have to be, but helps some if it is

Vandslaux

not really for me. I keep them even, even if I end up sending my lv. 65s up against weaknesses.

I don't really care. I just plain don't care how I get through the in-game, as long as I get through it. Assuming said method doesn't involve hacking.

Edit: Rank up!!

-Resident evil ;461;

Foxyvulpixie

thug life
it doesnt have to. it just ends up being the strongest. i try to raise everyone equally but my starter usually ends up being ten levels higher than my other pokemon :x

*IZ*

Its always 3-5 levels higher than the other pokemon so yes it does :p

Nyter

Island Challenger
OMG *IZ* Ur sig IS sexy!

Anyways, My starter has been given the position of "Go-to-guy/gal"

HoennMaster

I train all my Pokémon equally but obviously there are going to be moment when certain ones are higher levels than the others, starter included.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Usually, my starter is my strongest.

And logically, that makes sense; your starter is your first Pokemon and has been with you the longest, assuming you don't box it. So it would of course have the most experience, or at least have been in a few more battles than the rest of your team.

Personally, I keep my starter a level or two ahead of the rest. Just a thing i like to do. I train everyone equally, and I try to get everyone to the same level give or take a level while training, but I tend to let my starter be just a liiiiiiittle higher. A small tip of the hat for being with me so long, you know?

DarthMoogle

Forum-Moogle
I used to in the older games. (Especially Yellow. I HAD to have Pika higher than the others. >8l)
Now, however, the highest leveled ones are the ones I use most. (Scrafty, Uguuelectricspider, Chandelure...occasionally my starter... :'D)
*cough*