• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Doesn't suck when you realize the Pokemon you love stink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Alloute said:
Meowth fan eh? I like you....

My Osaka Meowth is a winner, it knows Night Slash now ^_^

My PokePark Meowth has a lovely Petal Dance, I would NEVER hate either of them (I'm a sucker for Meowth)

aww, thanks. *friended* I like all the nature-inspired pokemon but Meowth seems to have the cutest design to me. Such a shame Persians are shown to be mean in the anime, it makes me wish for a branch-evolution. 5th gen, maybe?
I long for an event Meowth myself they have such good moves! I bred mine to know Assist, so sometimes he gets a suprise KO. But he also picks useless moves now and then. x__x
christiandeath77 said:
It breaks my heart knowing that Glaceon and Umbreon are NU and UU.
Umbreon is a better Eeveelution than it gets credit for, v. durable. Biggest prob to me is it can't do much active damage to other dark types so it would help if it had a way of baton passing it's bulk to a more offensive-focused partner ~wishes for Cosmic Power added to moveset in HG/SS~ Otherwise it'll be stuck Toxic or C-Ray'ing the likes of Crawdaunt and Houndoom forever.

LegendaryRotom

KRICKETUNE! CASTFORM! ROTOM! SOLROCK!

I have a million of em'! But, I've managed to design a few strategies around most. Solrock can hold it's own pretty well against some OUs, but it's no use in real competitive play. Casty is awesome when precisely trained as a choice specs sweeper (Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Weather Ball) on a weather-based team. Otherwise....-__-...poor lil' girl doesn't have a redeeming competitive quality about her.

Yeah, some of my favorites are Rotom and Purugly, Rotom is okay though, has really good speed, but without double team, yeah...

That's okay, I love using my favorite pokemon anyways regardless!
I usually run a supporter/ sp. attacker Rotom (Leftovers w/ Will-o-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Shadow ball) He works surprisingly well, dispite his meager UU tier. He's placed some crippling hits on the likes of Tyranitar, Metagross, and Infernape.

And, Kricketune's just....well...Kricketune.

Umbreon, at least, can whether quite a few OU beatings. Experience talking.
Absolutely true. Umbreon has been my lead wall since RSE, and he performs his job exceptionally.

Nana

Wow, competitive battling sounds hard.

I just play in-game, so I play with my favourites, even though most of them are weak. I'd imagine I'd get quite bored if I had to create perfect, unlikeable Pokemon.

I must admit, I can't stand it when Pokemon are sluggish.

Sodomized

It truley does fail when favorites suck( Steelix aint that good), however there are times where you still can use your faves. However over the years, pokemon was bound to evolve, and although back then it was simple, the new strategic edge the game has is great, and its helped make it what it is.

Nerofrost

Ah yes, that's why i love the good ol' BL/UU/NU tiers. Everything's so unpredictable and fun, not a battle to see who can set up a DD Gyarados or who has the fastest Garchomp.

Typhlosion, Golem, Azumaril, and all the others I love, you will shine forever in my heart!

League

Master Abra Catcher
Steelix is great, a physical wall that resists Explosion and a ton of special attack types. Glaceon had great deffenses, even great special attack, and a good STAB. It can be good on a Hail team or even do without.

Luxray can do good with Rivalry, though people mightn't like it for the potential redux. Still, it can get pretty high. Volbeat can do a Trick/U-turn set or something. The Quick attack can finish off the rare low HP-strategy if Volbeat won't cut it with a Scarf. Between Water, Electric, Bug and Flying special attacks, they're is not much that can resist it. Sunflora can pack decent power depending on how that Solar Power trick works. Rapidash can be decent, in UU. Jumpluff and Articuno are both good: I've used Articuno as my lead, though I moved him up to lead to try and dodge switching in to SR. Jumpluff can be very useful in Sun what with it's ability and what not. Leaf Guard can make for a heck of a stall. Torterra is good on TR teams, can be a decent Polish sweeper, and has other uses.

Anything that has the right stats/moves can be used in OU, though that use may be limited. Articuno, between Tailwind and Reflect, actually makes great support.

chimchar19

Rockstar Drift
I dont care what kind of "class" they are in. I just get the pokemon and train it to its full potential.

Zog the Stout

Lover of Arcanines
This amuses me. I think with NFEs and Novelty pokes like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc, we can make exceptions, but its all about concepts and ideas. I see lots of laments about Charizard and Umbreon here, and a Steelix one too.

My standard competitive team, with a record of (at a guess) 35-15ish, includes all three. As an aside - people who are saying "Charizard is outclassed by Infernape", you're doing something wrong. Very wrong - Charizard is never going to be anything like 'Nape. Charizard competes with Moltres for places in teams.

I reguarly use an Articuno in a team which is 7-0, too.

Thing is though - if a pokemon falls short in anything, but is so awesome you wanna use it anyway, what's the solution? Baton Passing Teams. I've got a UU team which has a BP Lead - Baton Passing Agility and a Liechi boost to a Physical Sweeper. Now I could go to Medicham, Toxicroak or something equally beasty - or even keep the Ambipom doing the damage to sweep with, so its not an infallible strategy.

But I win matches, and I get to use my Zangoose. So its all good.

Zog

bookist

kriketune, great moveset and taunt yet its stats well are lame. It also has a cool sound.

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
I think anything has a chance if you use it properly. I once watched someone do pretty well with a Plusle and Minun. I think the game is more fun if you come up with interesting strategies for underused pokemon, instead of just going with what's popular. And if it doesn't work it isn't the end of the world. Just playing to win gets old.

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
The Starters-
Venusaur-So slow and just above average sp. attack
Charizard-I love it!:) ;006; Pwns all!:)
Blastiose-Slow but Bulky
Meganium-Labeled as the weakest Starter,poor;154;
Typhosion-Swept everyone with you!:)
Feraligatr-Your awesome too. Slowish...
Houndoom-Looks awesome,....not much else...
Sceptile-You pwn so many.
Blazeiken-Slow, but I love'm anyway!
Swampert-Your...slow...Bulky...umm...
Slaking-THe Da** ABLITIY!
Shiftry-Not very powerful.
Feebas-WHY CAN"T I CATCH YOU!!
Milotic-Berry-holic!
Torterra-Is powerful no matter what!
Infernape-Fast, and cool.
Empoleon-Slow sweeper...a sad life.
Roserade-Not the fastest bbut I like it!;407;
Skuntank-Just like it.
Togekiss-TANK!
Gallade;475;-pwnage!
Lucario-Win just Win!

Kaori

~Specialized~
A lot of the bug type pokemon are weak, and I happen to like the bug types. I wish the bug type pokemon were a bit stronger.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
My favorites are Sceptile, Swampert, and Kyogre...one being uber. Sceptile isn't great. But Swampert is one of the best Tanks in the game...so my favorites are alright.

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
My favorites are: Milotic, Sceptile, Dragonite, Umbreon, Raichu & Miltank. All of them have great potential in my eyes, Raichu and Miltank are a bit harder to use properly but in certain situations their both very good.

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
I really do enjoy using my favorite pokemon, but I dont do competitive battle much because pokemon is about statistics *sigh*. If only the game modeled Ash's life, where a pikachu could destroy anything it came into contact with...

Oh ya, I (currently) am building a Hail team, and it seems to allow alot of pokemon that I like, even though the stats may not be that great. It is true that pokemon is mostly about numbers, but strategy has enough to do with battling to allow a little wiggle room. Try building a team around a theme!

Alfonso

Derpgull
Honestly, some of the posters in this thread really do not know what 'stink' means.

Charizard does not stink, it's just not as good as some of the other Pokemon in its type but it is not truly terrible. Neither are the majority of starters or Pokemon like Golem or Raichu.

It's truly sad when you look at your Sandy Cloak Wormadam and realise how bad it really is. Stats aren't massively bad but oh lord, it has such a terrible moveset. It doesn't learn Stealth Rock like Plant and Trash Cloak do either. What the hell is up with that?

Nosepass is another. Back in Generation III it really had nothing going for it, I honestly felt I was the only one that liked it. (Probably was before Probopass came along and made it popular because it looked 'funny'.) It had terrible HP, terrible Speed and terrible Attack and Special Attack so it couldn't use ANY of the nice attacks it was given such as Thunderbolt or Zap Cannon.

latios reborn

I've noticed this time around my Glaceon and Lucario have really bad defence stats. Like not even in the triple digits.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've noticed this time around my Glaceon and Lucario have really bad defence stats. Like not even in the triple digits.

No, they certainly have three digit stats.

I on the other hand, hate when places like Smogon put pokemon down, like Snorlax, because he can't defeat the infamous SkarmBliss combo, when I doubt there are any who can successfully do it. Snorlax is great, and people need to realise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.