• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dokun Region

MrRandell

Shiny Hunter
Hay!

I recently started drawing again and I decided to make my own Pokémon Generation!
I'm still working on the region map, but it will be finished soon.
Anyway, here are the ones I've already uploaded on DeviantArt.

This is my DeviantArt page: http://mrrandell.deviantart.com/

NEW
Nubeech_by_MrRandell.png

Panduff_by_MrRandell.png

Pungeroo_by_MrRandell.png

Tabbily_by_MrRandell.png

Last edited:

Raunchy_fad

Ooh, maaaan!
These are very clean, but they all do kind of resemble already-existing pokémon. Either way, you've pulled off the Sugimori style pretty well.

Profesco

gone gently
Like the above poster, I have to complain that they're almost all simply understudies of existing Pokemon, however cleanly or neatly drawn they are.

One thing, though- your idea for Phantic's eyes was absolutely brilliant and unique. You could do loads better if you continue to come up with such creative and original ideas.

MrRandell

Shiny Hunter
Thanks for the honoust comments ^^
I don't think a lemur has been done before?

Lemide

It has got kinda the same concept as Soutrich, with the bush and stuff. Anyway, it's not the way I wanted it to be, so I might still change him.

C ya!

Last edited:

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
i liked hedgehot it looked so cute!

Wow those look really awesome! you did a great job on them; they defiantly look like new Pokemon thats for sure. I really like how you did the shading, very well done indeed.

Keep up the good work! I hope I'll be able to see more sometime ^^.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Wow, these really are very nice. I dislike how the fire starter's shiny form looks exactly like Cyndaquil. I also dislike how Pawblun and look practically the same Pawranch design wise. :c Pose wise of course they are different. The others looks quite nice in my opinion.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Those are incredible!

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
They are not bad but like previously stated, some look similar to existing pokemon. Exspecially your fire starter. But great work none the less; love the lemur!

shac

Undoubtedly the mole pokemon are the best. And I disagree to those saying they resemble pokemon that have been already made. I think these are quite unique and really nicely done. Can't wait to see more.

MrRandell

Shiny Hunter
Thank you all. I'll be keeping your advices in mind.

But here's an other one, an evolution of Mantine!
Hope you like it as much as I do ^^

Mantill

Next will be:
2 theatre Pokémon
Smoochum alternative evolution

Last edited:

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Well, they're amazing, but I have a bit of a problem with the Mantill's info. The whole part about krill, seeing as the pokemon doesn't have any actual animals, 'cause pokemon are the replacement of animals... but, meh. Me luv 'em ^_^

See Ya Later!

MrRandell

Shiny Hunter
Well, they're amazing, but I have a bit of a problem with the Mantill's info. The whole part about krill, seeing as the pokemon doesn't have any actual animals, 'cause pokemon are the replacement of animals... but, meh. Me luv 'em ^_^

See Ya Later!

MAybe I'll make a krill Pokémon then =p

yeminied

Me thinks you are doing a very good job at making Sugimori - esque drawings. The only problem is that quite a few of your Fakemon look strikingly similar. Mantill has the same type as Mantine, tail and body. It even has a similar name! People have already mentioned about Hedgehot, but also Soutrich looks a lot like Doduo.

MrRandell, your artwork is so good, please don't ruin it by creating unoriginal Pokemon. It's okay to borrow features from real Pokemon but not just change a couple of features and colors of existing Pokemon.

shac

Me thinks you are doing a very good job at making Sugimori - esque drawings. The only problem is that quite a few of your Fakemon look strikingly similar. Mantill has the same type as Mantine, tail and body. It even has a similar name! People have already mentioned about Hedgehot, but also Soutrich looks a lot like Doduo.

Well, Mantill is a supposedly evolved form of Mantine, so obviously there are resemblances. That's sort of the point is not it.
And who said we can't have different pokemon based on the same species of animal? There have been quite a few dogs, cats and even different snakes. What's wrong with ostriches? When they themselves have made Dodrio and Altaria...............

-Raiga-

MrRandell, your artwork is so good, please don't ruin it by creating unoriginal Pokemon. It's okay to borrow features from real Pokemon but not just change a couple of features and colors of existing Pokemon.

I'm really getting tired of people coming in here and saying the pokemon aren't creative when it has been mentioned 10 times already. My favorite is easily Mantill due to its trueness to the simpleness of pokemon design.

In response the quote above, I sure would like to know what mantine you're looking at. The tail, is not only differently designed, but has two parts to it now, the attenae on its head are different color/position, gills switched out for the red dots, different eye and mouth structure, and to top it off he added the two smaller attenae near the mouth. So yeah, not seeing the similarities that you are.

Please keep up the good work, as far as originality you are headed in the correct direction between Mantill and Lemide. Make sure you edit your first post with the new ones also, because some lazy people wouldn't look at some of the cooler new ones. Lastly I was wondering if I could make a sprite of Mantill? Just because I have been looking to make a scratch sprite of something for a while now, and I just love the design of it so much.