• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Domestic, or Foreign?: Deciding Political Priorities

ccangelopearl1362

Cybercast News Service: Pro-Life Group Calls for Investigation into Death Threats Against Pro-Life Activists
Politico: AARP threatens senators on health care reform
Fox News Channel: Obama Pressures Senate on Climate Change Measure
Fox News Channel: Ahmadinejad Seeks to Lure Obama into War of Words Amid Iran Election Turmoil
Washington Post: Arab Activists Watch Iran and Wonder: ‘Why Not Us?’
Washington Post: Authoritarian Regimes Censor News from Iran
Fox News Channel: North Korea Threatens to Shoot Down Intruding Japanese Planes

Randomness with a purpose I see within these articles as of this moment, having tracked the issues within them over the past few days, and perhaps my arrival at this point was a logical next step in the development of my argument for liberty. Some of these events transpire within the United States; others are occurring around the world. In fact, I find that I’ve been tracking the latter for the past two months, but at the same time, I recall several other events that have caught my attention, such as tea parties for Tax Day and American President Barack Obama’s first speech before Congress. In the course of tracking these and other debate topics, I have noted differing rates of activity according to the topic at hand, inspiring yours truly to begin pondering how these issues play out among the general public, but also impact each other. If my memory is accurate, then some elements of the American people (tend to) focus on the likes of abortion, homosexuality, immigration, and health care, such as the American Medical Association, the National Right to Life Committee, and the League of United Latin American Citizens; others care more about the environment, energy, and the economy, such as Americans for Tax Reform and the Sierra Club; and still others prioritize international affairs and national defense, such as the Council on Foreign Relations and the Counterterrorism Blog. Consider this debate to be an examination of not any specific political issue in and of itself, but rather, the factors and thought processes we use to maintain our separate focuses on these various issue categories. I will bring analyses from these websites into this discussion as I deem appropriate, and anyone interested in pondering what makes us prioritize some issues over others is welcome to comment.