1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

[Donamite Part 3] BW074: Bisharp VS Emboar

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

She clearly said she was off to train in the original version.

2. Crazed Apple

Crazed Apple Dondake~!!

That Mandibuzz was an embarrassment to nature....which really says a lot about scrafty. But I agree with you that scraggy might stand a chance against Emboar.
    I expect a title that say's "Destined Rivalry Donamite!! Sawk vs. Throh!!

If all else fails, I got the exclamation mark right.....

3. G50

G50 No longer posting

That could work, or "The unexpected fight of the Century" "The Two fighting rivals!" or something. Okay, obviously my creativity with episode names is pretty bad. ;)

As long as it's creative, and gives us the info we want, that's what matters.

4. Crazed Apple

Crazed Apple Dondake~!!

That's more of a Dub title. Japanese titles are simple and pretty straight forward. They like to keep the puns to the minimum and I based my title on the previous 3 episodes. Each had donamite, a little description, and the pokemon starring in the title.

5. WaterShuriken

"The Explosive Donamite Fighting Finish: Emboar vs Sawk"

6. Crazed Apple

Crazed Apple Dondake~!!

<Implying that Emboar is gonna make it to the finals

Other than that, I like it alot haha Except you forgot one crucial thing....the exclamation marks!! Every Japanese title has one.

7. wildheart90

wildheart90 Awesome

is this an actual title or one you are hoping for?

8. WaterShuriken

Oh that's right them !!.
    Oh and yes I hope Bianca makes it to the finals. After beating Trip, Georgia, and Ash. I don't care who wins Bianca or Stephan.

Hoping for.

9. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Watch the writers not give a da** after Bianca beating Trip... I just would find it odd if Ash wasn't in the finals, this show isn't suppose to focus on recurring characters, it's suppose to focus on the main cast and more importantly, it's main character, Ash. I mean anything is possible, but leaving Ash out when he made it the last time seems...odd to me

10. G50

G50 No longer posting

They seem to really want to focus on the recurring characters in this tournament. There's really nothing wrong with that, as long as the Main character gets enough focus as well. The focus is also clearly on Scraggy getting his battles that he's been really needing and not on how far Ash will be going in the tournament.

11. Crazed Apple

Crazed Apple Dondake~!!

Looks like I was right!! :p The title is Sawk vs. Throh hehehe

Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  12. G50

G50 No longer posting

Yes you certainly were right (the matchup part anyway ;) ).

Now we know Bianca wins this battle after all.

13. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

So Bianca wins against Georgia, giving her two wins. Good for her. Too bad she loses in the next round but she's doing better.

Ash will win his battle against Simipour, I assume that battle will be here.

Masaomi will beat Iris, no surprise there.

And Stephan will beat Cilan.

I look forward to seeing the battles and interactions.

14. G50

G50 No longer posting

With Scraggy going up against Simipour the question is - Will Scraggy have the Focus Blast problem be apparent here? or will they wait until the next episode...

15. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

I think the problem with Focus Blast will be referenced in the battle with Simisage. I'll assume it wont work against it, and Ash will note that they need to train or something. Have to wait and see, but I hope it leads to an episode for Scraggy to master it, hopefully it wont be dragged out either. I'd like the problem to be done withing five episodes after the tournament is done so by BW080 I'd like it to master it.

16. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Never a double exclamation at the first part, that's a title rule.. Also, a Mandibuzz is still a Mandibuzz. Koharu's was trained, so we can't say that Scraggy is on the same level as Tepig, but it still beat it which counts for credit.

After this tournament:

Scraggy:
    - Wild Mandibuzz
    - Akkie's Simisage
    - Chakkie's Simipour

If you take a look at Palpitoad:
    - Burgundy's Stoutland
    - Dino's Darumaka
    - Elesa's Zebstrika

Sure, Elesa's Zebstrika is a feat on its own, but Palpitoad had a massive advantage. It's like saying that Scraggy beating Caitlyn's rematch lv.71 Musharna would be a feat, when that thing only knows Psychic and Dream Eater as attacking moves while Scraggy is immune to them.

Oh how wrong we were Tails... I wish it were true since then I'd have the excitement of not knowing the outcome... Or at least feel torn between chosing who should win.

And if not one, then three! :p

No! You were wrong! You said, if all else fails that you'd be right about the exclamation marks, which you were wrong about.. The Japanese titles always go like this: Xxxx! Xxxx!! First a single exclamation, then a double.

The thing is, if it uses it profiecently enough against the Simi's to progress, then why in the heck is it not working properly against Throh? It seems like a copout..

17. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

They left Iris out; she's a main character and she made it to the finals in the first tournament. I think the purpose of the tournament is to develop the rivals, mostly Ash's to show that in the League Ash will have tough competition. They're trying to make him look like the underdog again so audiences can root for him more when he faces some of these opponents in the league.

18. Yeul

Yeul Green Eyed Girl

The nice thing about Bianca not making it is that the chances of her losing to Ash at the League are even cloudier than before. Like how everyone's suspecting that Ash will fight Iris for his last badge due to the latter's victory in the first Don Tourney, if Bianca won then Ash would most likely beat her at the League, so with Stephan making it it's a win-win for me.

19. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Well they did a horrible job with Trip, Bianca's only making it as far as Ash (she's losing to Stephan), and we don't know if Stephan is gonna be in the league or not. The only rival who got a bit better other then Bianca was Georgia. Poor Burgundy is still a laughing stock

20. WaterShuriken

Once again was it confirmed that Ash would lose to Masaomi?
    Bianca losing to Stephan would just be a repeat.

EDIT: Just read the summary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.