• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Donamite Part 3] BW074: Bisharp VS Emboar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
They left Iris out; she's a main character and she made it to the finals in the first tournament. I think the purpose of the tournament is to develop the rivals, mostly Ash's to show that in the League Ash will have tough competition. They're trying to make him look like the underdog again so audiences can root for him more when he faces some of these opponents in the league.

The problem is, that if so, then why wouldn't they have let Bianca beat Ash? Then they'd have put two rivals in the finale, above Ash. I do agree with you, I fully agree with you, but in doing so, I have to admit that the writers passed up on a better oppurtunity.

Sure Trip is still out at the first round, but we all know that there will be a third tournament around Opelucid and that he will beat Ash at the finals...

I also see where Elice is coming from though. Bianca beating Ash at the league will ignite a hellstorm that we can't believe though.. And for her to do so, she'll need three more pokemon.. So, I'm all for that when she debuts something other then her boar, chincilla and bug.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I ain't saying that she will beat Ash, but she DOES have the capability. Plus, it'd be a sly nod towards all those people who thought she was the Champion back before the games originally came out.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
I like the fact that Trip gets beaten down by Bianca. The strongest point of this seasons rival handling is arguably that all the rivals are rather even, and no one is way ahead.

Trip can consistently handle Ash, but that alone doesn't make him superior to all of them.
Ash can handle Bianca, but that does not make him superior to all of them.
Georgia is clearly on par with both Ash and Iris.
Stephan, while he may beat Bianca, has lost to both Ash and Iris before.

We have an established group of character with about the same skill level, it's just that certain people are better at facing certain people(Stephan excelling vs Bianca, Trip excelling vs Ash).

It feels realistic, a solitary master outclassing others is exceedingly rare in sports- and even more so when you consider that there are hundreds of people in each region that is roughly as skilled as Ash(perhaps slightly less so).

As for Emboar winning by Blaze vs Bisharp? I'm pretty wary on that. Often when Blaze activates it's really badly written(I'm Volkner and I keep attacking your mon when they are on the ground, but when you are down again and blaze is activating, I'mma stand here like a fool). Instead of being en epic action event, it stops all the action so we can gasp at it. Make it part of the action, not the big big event.

I would like to see Georgia press it hard enough to make it activate Blaze. That's what majes me iffy.

I guess the only way I can possibly see Emboar winning is if Blaze happens, so I hope that's the case. I hate the fact that Bianca ends up winning here, but hopefully Bisharp does enough damage to the pig so he needs Blaze.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Nah, I don't think Emboar will have to resort to Blaze to beat a pokemon he has a x4 fighting advantage and a x2 fire advantage to. You are just bitter that Bianca is good.

I do. Georgia is far stronger than Bianca. Why do people keep using type advantage as an excuse? Advantages don't mean anything.

WaterShuriken

I do. Georgia is far stronger than Bianca. Why do people keep using type advantage as an excuse? Advantages don't mean anything.

It's like Pikachu vs Excadrill in the Club Battle. Pikachu has a major distadvantage but the writers didn't pull a surprise win for Ash. Sometimes major advantages are everything.

Haunter ゴースト

If Bianca went to the finals, I wouldn't have minded Ash losing to her, but im glad he's losing to the Throh guy simply because he's the main enemy of this tournament who makes it to the final.

Locormus

I like the fact that Trip gets beaten down by Bianca. The strongest point of this seasons rival handling is arguably that all the rivals are rather even, and no one is way ahead.

Trip can consistently handle Ash, but that alone doesn't make him superior to all of them.
Ash can handle Bianca, but that does not make him superior to all of them.
Georgia is clearly on par with both Ash and Iris.
Stephan, while he may beat Bianca, has lost to both Ash and Iris before.

We have an established group of character with about the same skill level, it's just that certain people are better at facing certain people(Stephan excelling vs Bianca, Trip excelling vs Ash).

It feels realistic, a solitary master outclassing others is exceedingly rare in sports- and even more so when you consider that there are hundreds of people in each region that is roughly as skilled as Ash(perhaps slightly less so).

As for Emboar winning by Blaze vs Bisharp? I'm pretty wary on that. Often when Blaze activates it's really badly written(I'm Volkner and I keep attacking your mon when they are on the ground, but when you are down again and blaze is activating, I'mma stand here like a fool). Instead of being en epic action event, it stops all the action so we can gasp at it. Make it part of the action, not the big big event.

I would like to see Georgia press it hard enough to make it activate Blaze. That's what majes me iffy.

I agree on you on the abilities being showstoppers. Blaze has acted that way everytime we saw it, and Torrent sure didn't do Barry any wonders. As for Overgrow, Grovyle used it, but I can't remember the context anymore, at least if it stopped the battle or not against Norman.

I guess the only way I can possibly see Emboar winning is if Blaze happens, so I hope that's the case. I hate the fact that Bianca ends up winning here, but hopefully Bisharp does enough damage to the pig so he needs Blaze.

Oh come on! What's does apokemon that has two STAB supereffective types have to do to get a credible win here??? Any Fighting attack should KO that Bisharp logically speaking. And any Fire-attack should 2HKO... Please stop being so biased, it's really ugly.

It's like Pikachu vs Excadrill in the Club Battle. Pikachu has a major distadvantage but the writers didn't pull a surprise win for Ash. Sometimes major advantages are everything.

That's true.

But at least it showed Pikachu was still stronger than Excadrill despite losing to him. I hope Bisharp can pull off a good fight like Pikachu did. (And prove she's still stronger than Emboar)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
The problem is, that if so, then why wouldn't they have let Bianca beat Ash? Then they'd have put two rivals in the finale, above Ash. I do agree with you, I fully agree with you, but in doing so, I have to admit that the writers passed up on a better oppurtunity.

Maybe there is more than one answer for that. Let's see:

1. Maybe they might battle each other later on and he might win or lose.

2. Maybe they might battle each other later in the league and he might win or lose.

3 Or they probably thought Emboar vs. Scraggy would look too silly. People would be expecting Scraggy to lose against her but if he were to win, then people would say that wouldn't make any sense. So I think I rather see a battle that does not inclue a baby Pokemon vs. a super experienced last evolution Pokemon.

That's true.

But at least it showed Pikachu was still stronger than Excadrill despite losing to him. I hope Bisharp can pull off a good fight like Pikachu did. (And prove she's still stronger than Emboar)

how did a pokemon losing prove it was stronger then the pokemon that beat it. bianca has grown stronger since she was introduced. the sooner you accept that the happier you will be..

Haunter ゴースト

I agree, this is an exception to Pikachu losing for me.

Excadrill was already portrayed as really powerful and had a type advantage over Pikachu, Pikachu losing was fine for me.

If Axew or Emolga beat Pikachu instead, then i'd have been annoyed.

It's partly why I don't mind Ash losing in this Donamite, Scraggy is still a young weaker Pokemon, the fact he's getting two wins and one loss is a good thing!

how did a pokemon losing prove it was stronger then the pokemon that beat it.

It took a million ground attacks just to get Pikachu to low health but Pikachu only got to land two Iron Tails and Excadrill nearly fainted.

Oh come on! What's does apokemon that has two STAB supereffective types have to do to get a credible win here??? Any Fighting attack should KO that Bisharp logically speaking. And any Fire-attack should 2HKO... Please stop being so biased, it's really ugly.

So I'm supposed to like Bianca and think she can destroy everything because she has a giant pig she shouldn't have yet? Ok then.

I just find it hard to believe Emboar would rip Bisharp to pieces like you're all suggesting it can, so I'm hoping Bisharp at least does well. How it that biased?

Locormus

That's true.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Moving on!

Maybe there is more than one answer for that. Let's see:

1. Maybe they might battle each other later on and he might win or lose.

2. Maybe they might battle each other later in the league and he might win or lose.

3 Or they probably thought Emboar vs. Scraggy would look too silly. People would be expecting Scraggy to lose against her but if he were to win, then people would say that wouldn't make any sense. So I think I rather see a battle that does not inclue a baby Pokemon vs. a super experienced last evolution Pokemon.

I do think you have a point, but I think that perhaps the outcome of this tournament says a percentage more then the outcome of a regular rival battle. Ash beating Bianca with Snivy in the background (BW27, or 28) has far less merit to me then Ash beating Bianca with Pikachu centered (BW13). Even moreso, Ash beating Paul in the league meant everything while Paul beating Ash multiple times meant less then that.

About 3. You still have the odd matchups.
- Throh gets extremely bulky after Bulk Up.
- Throh is the pokemon of the former champion of this tournament, so a bigger obstacle couldn't be found, winning against this wouldn't make sense either.
- Eitherway Scraggy is going to face a super experienced last stage pokemon.
- You'd still get both Throh vs. Sawk and Sawk vs. Emboar in the same episode...

I agree, this is an exception to Pikachu losing for me.

Excadrill was already portrayed as really powerful and had a type advantage over Pikachu, Pikachu losing was fine for me.

If Axew or Emolga beat Pikachu instead, then i'd have been annoyed.

It's partly why I don't mind Ash losing in this Donamite, Scraggy is still a young weaker Pokemon, the fact he's getting two wins and one loss is a good thing!

I know you're talking specifically about Iris' pokemon and in that context, but I think that I am not wrong when assuming you were PO'd about Pikachu losing to Panpour eventhough it used a valid strategy to throw Ash of guard...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So I'm supposed to like Bianca and think she can destroy everything because she has a giant pig she shouldn't have yet? Ok then.

I just find it hard to believe Emboar would rip Bisharp to pieces like you're all suggesting it can, so I'm hoping Bisharp at least does well. How it that biased?

You are biased, because you said you didn't hate her(at first), you just didn't like her because she was a weakling, she got developed and you are still hating on her, you are being biased because you want her to lose just because you don't like her character disregarding development or anything else.

No you are not supposed to like her but you don't need to make BS arguments to put the character down.

Haunter ゴースト

I know you're talking specifically about Iris' pokemon and in that context, but I think that I am not wrong when assuming you were PO'd about Pikachu losing to Panpour eventhough it used a valid strategy to throw Ash of guard...

Ding ding ding.

Yeah, that annoyed me.

I didn't mind Snivy winning since Pikachu's electricity was drained, losing to Panpour however... it may have been using strategies but that seriously wasn't enough to KO Pikachu, we've seen him overcome strategies like that all the time, ugh, the fact Panpour was at a disadvantage too.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

You are horribly biased and heavily misinformed.

Bel got her Pokabu over a year before the Best Wishes series began, and trained in her hometown before he father finally agreed to let her travel.

If Shooti's Tsutaaja could evolve days after he received it, why is it hard to believe Bel's Chaobuu, which had been in that state prior to the series beginning, would have evolved in the time it took Ash to travel across Isshu and collect 6 badges.

WaterShuriken

You are horribly biased and heavily misinformed.

Bel got her Pokabu over a year before the Best Wishes series began, and trained in her hometown before he father finally agreed to let her travel.

If Shooti's Tsutaaja could evolve days after he received it, why is it hard to believe Bel's Chaobuu, which had been in that state prior to the series beginning, would have evolved in the time it took Ash to travel across Isshu and collect 6 badges.

Wait I'm all for Bianca but it was never stated that she had Tepig/Pignite for a year. For all we know, Juniper might have told Bianca to deliver the badge case on to Ash and gave her the last pokemon from the trio which was Tepig (Ash Trip took Snivy and Ash took Oshawott). Along the way Bianca's Tepig evolved as she managed to get 2 gym badges with him.

th I think she's only had Emboar as long as Ash has had Oshawott and Trip Servine/Serperior.

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
Never a double exclamation at the first part, that's a title rule..
And if not one, then three! :p

No! You were wrong! You said, if all else fails that you'd be right about the exclamation marks, which you were wrong about.. The Japanese titles always go like this: Xxxx! Xxxx!! First a single exclamation, then a double.

The thing is, if it uses it profiecently enough against the Simi's to progress, then why in the heck is it not working properly against Throh? It seems like a copout..

Well, at least I got the match up right :p And only had one extra exclamation mark

And where did you see scraggy's focus blast not working?? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.