• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Donamite Part 4] BW075: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
I also wonder, how is Throh VS Sawk a boring way to end Donamite?

They are both fighting types and they're being animated by Iwane, the Pokémon animation God. This battle will be anything but boring. Just because the character you wished for to be in the finals isn't there, does not mean in any way that the battle will be boring or anything.

Last edited:
The Gothita episode? Or otherwise the Palpitoad episode in which he childishly started to play with some Foongi.. Or in the Bouffalant episode where it walked up to a Bouffalant without having any indication of possible danger, which is a babylike quality.

Whatever. Anyway, The 4th KIRA was still wrong when he said Scraggy shouldn't be strong because he acts like a baby.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Eh personally I felt this was balanced out and done well with Gary and Paul, in BW it seems they are constantly glorifying everybody but Ash besides his Gym Battles.

When did Paul actually lose a battle against Ash, that was not a Pokeringer?

Eh. I hate spoilers. Got myself all happy and feeling good and then I hear this happening. Well alteast God answer my prayers about not having Bianca win. <:

Someone owes me money for the bet I just won.

Glad I didn't bet on this.. Ow wait, I did somewhere.. :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Whatever. Anyway, The 4th KIRA was still wrong when he said Scraggy shouldn't be strong because he acts like a baby.

For someone to think that Scraggy, a Pokemon who is still young and who hasn't received much training could defeat those big, well-trained Pokemon is just hilarious.

Haunter ゴースト

You obviously didn't see my other post, im talking along the lines of Gary and Paul not always seeming better than Ash.

Gary lost earlier than Ash at the Indigo League and Paul couldn't defeat Brandon despite Ash beating him in BF, before you say Paul wasn't as experienced, it was revealed Paul travelled through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn entering the leagues too.

For someone to think that Scraggy, a Pokemon who is still young and who hasn't received much training could defeat those big, well-trained Pokemon is just hilarious.

I agree, two wins for Scraggy and one loss is fine this tournament, I like how the writers are gradually making him stronger now, it opens gates for Scraggy to fight more often.

I'm not angry about him losing. His loss was fine. Oshawott is a baby, but he could realistically win the tournament, so your argument is invalid.

Locormus

They are both fighting types and they're being animated by Iwane, the Pokémon animation God. This battle will be anything but boring. Just because the character you wished for to be in the finals isn't there, does not mean in any way that the battle will be boring or anything.

Boring in the sense of that the outcome is almost already written in stone, at least for 99%.. Remember that Emboar vs. Sawk is also in the same episode, so whatever other matchup would've still been animated by Iwane. Thus we could still have had a more interesting finals with a more uncertain outcome, with Iwane.

Sure, there's an error in thought that because one could act like a baby, but still be strong, but Scraggy has continuously been shown to have a general lack in strength.

Yup, I pretty much agree with this, but people are to biased against Bianca. It's all too similar to when Iris defeated Ash, when she was clearly in the most advantagous position ever.

Yeah, I'm happy Scraggy at least gets to beat up some monkeys. That's what counts, right? :)

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!

You're right. Which is why I kind of figured that Scraggy fighting Bianca would look weird. Even for it. Maybe it is for the best.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yup, I pretty much agree with this, but people are to biased against Bianca. It's all too similar to when Iris defeated Ash, when she was clearly in the most advantagous position ever.

What the heck? what does Belle have to do with Scraggy winning two figths? and who is biased against her? the only one around here that hates her is Thing I believe, Locormus you really should try to generalize things less, been doing that a lot latelly XD, with the "everyone thinks Langley and Luke are in the league" also for example.

I do think if Satoshi had to figth Belle Emboar should have won, same if he fought Sawk.

Grey Wind

Eh personally I felt this was balanced out and done well with Gary and Paul, in BW it seems they are constantly glorifying everybody but Ash besides his Gym Battles.
Uh, glorifying everybody? Masaomi is the defending champion, and Kenyan has appeared, what, three times? Just because Ash loses two tournaments doesn't make everybody else automatically glorified. The rivals barely appear, they're not getting glory just because one rival and one new character get to the final. We see Ash every episode, him losing because of a baby Pokemon doesn't make him any less of a main character.

I just think a more developed character than Stephan could have been chosen. Aside from the characters front, I think that Sawk vs Throh is just a little boring because they're very similar Pokemon. idk really, it's just the way it comes off to me for some reason.

iirc Aipom defeated Chimchar at one point.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Well I am surprised, pleasantly so, that at least Kenyan makes it to the finals.

I'll be rooting for Dageki to beat the red demon.

I hope Zuruggu does not take forever to master Focus Blast, akin to Kibago taking 30 eps to master DR.

Ash did well, and given he used Zuruggu, who honestly expected him to reach the finals?

Bel not in the finals disappoints me, but she beat strong opponents and has improved.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Reading the summary just noticed that Scraggy doesn't fully master Focus Blast, I guess people who were crying about him mastering it easly when Excadrilll couldn't can shut up now, here is hoping he Focus Blasts Beartic even though I doubt it right now, since he gets two wins here I feel Pignite will be the one starring in the gym(hopefully doesn't evolve there).

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Uh, glorifying everybody? Masaomi is the defending champion, and Kenyan has appeared, what, three times? Just because Ash loses two tournaments doesn't make everybody else automatically glorified. The rivals barely appear, they're not getting glory just because one rival and one new character get to the final. We see Ash every episode, him losing because of a baby Pokemon doesn't make him any less of a main character.

People really need to read the otherparts of conversations instead of assuming from the first line which is obviously being misunderstood terribly.

thunderblade12

So we basically know the outcome of every battle in this tournament except the final match now. Stephan should win to make him look stronger because I doubt we're going to see the Throh guy again. What purpose would there be to make a one-shot character look stronger?

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Reading the summary just noticed so Scraggy doesn't fully master Focus Blast, I guess people who were crying about him mastering it easly when Excadrilll couldn't can shut up now, here is hoping he Focus Blasts Beartic even though I doubt it right now, since he gets two wins here I feel Pignite will be the one starring in the gym(hopefully doesn't evolve there).

Well the issue was it is harder for Pokemon to learn moves of a typing other than their natural type.

Zuruggu not quite mastering Focus Blast, yet being a Fighting type, is probably due to his young age and relative inexperience in battle.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Well the issue was it is harder for Pokemon to learn moves of a typing other than their natural type.

Zuruggu not quite mastering Focus Blast, yet being a Fighting type, is probably due to his young age and relative inexperience in battle.

I don't have any problem with it and yes it makes more sense for Scraggy to master it easier then Excadrill because he is a figthning type and he has probably been training since seeing the other Scrafty doing it(agree with dman here), just like he learned HJK from him.

Yeah kinda like Axew with Dragon Rage.

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
He lost to ash at the league :p
Well I am surprised, pleasantly so, that at least Kenyan makes it to the finals.

I'll be rooting for Dageki to beat the red demon.

I hope Zuruggu does not take forever to master Focus Blast, akin to Kibago taking 30 eps to master DR.

Ash did well, and given he used Zuruggu, who honestly expected him to reach the finals?

Bel not in the finals disappoints me, but she beat strong opponents and has improved.

I agree. I want to see Sawk win and I hope this battle is at least 10 mins.

Locormus

What the heck? what does Belle have to do with Scraggy winning two figths? and who is biased against her? the only one around here that hates her is Thing I believe, Locormus you really should try to generalize things less, been doing that a lot latelly XD, with the "everyone thinks Langley and Luke are in the league" also for example.

I do think if Satoshi had to figth Belle Emboar should have won, same if he fought Sawk.

Yeah, I probably have.. But some of those things just annoy me. Which is why I might have a tendency to be frank at times.

Iirc Aipom defeated Chimchar at one point.

Wasn't that at the very start of DP? I thought that was a three on three or something.. Pikachu vs. Elekid, Starly vs. Starly, Aipom vs. Chimchar.. Oh well.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.