• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Donamite Part 4] BW075: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck? what does Belle have to do with Scraggy winning two figths? and who is biased against her? the only one around here that hates her is Thing I believe,

I don't hate her, I just think she sucks. There's a difference.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So... Why are people mad the finals are going to be Sawk and Thor? I mean yeah they could have at least made Stephan battle one of the other Rivals or Iris and Cilan but they choose the troll with Bert. I'm just happy people can finally rest about the whole Scraggy mastering Focus Blast before Excadrill (well faster I should say.) But overall I'm either going to care for the battles before the finals and then not care for the finals cause tbh I'm not totally feeling a fight between Bert and Ernnie.

So... Why are people mad the finals are going to be Sawk and Thor? I mean yeah they could have at least made Stephan battle one of the other Rivals or Iris and Cilan but they choose the troll with Bert. I'm just happy people can finally rest about the whole Scraggy mastering Focus Blast before Excadrill (well faster I should say.) But overall I'm either going to care for the battles before the finals and then not care for the finals cause tbh I'm not totally feeling a fight between Bert and Ernnie.
Now that I've thought about it, I think it might be cool to see Sawk and Throh battle each other.

The Gothita episode? Or otherwise the Palpitoad episode in which he childishly started to play with some Foongi.. Or in the Bouffalant episode where it walked up to a Bouffalant without having any indication of possible danger, which is a babylike quality.

He wasn't childlike in any of those. "Immature moron" does not mean "baby," although it's pretty close.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wish Bianca was in the finals, but this match was inevitable.

I bet Stephan's wish from BW071 was to win the Donamite (unless he said otherwise?). I just don't see him winning though. Betting Masaomi does, and hopefully he reappears afterwards.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I wish Bianca was in the finals, but this match was inevitable.

I bet Stephan's wish from BW071 was to win the Donamite (unless he said otherwise?). I just don't see him winning though. Betting Masaomi does, and hopefully he reappears afterwards.

yeah same here, cuz IMO, giving a tournament win to a COTD is pretty lame...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Now that I've thought about it, I think it might be cool to see Sawk and Throh battle each other.

He wasn't childlike in any of those. "Immature moron" does not mean "baby," although it's pretty close.

We were going to see them face off eitherway, the question was if it was going to be the finals or semifinals...

You see the thing is, Thing, that when a person is acting like an immature moron, they are usually of the age we would consider them to be able to act as if they were mature, as in, act their age. In the situation I described, Scraggy 'acting' like an 'immature moron' is actually due to it being:
A. Immature, aka a child.
B. Not mature, aka a child.
C. A moron first class...

Perhaps Scraggy outgrew the baby fase, but he's still a child. And children do act like morons in the eyes of adults, but the moronic lunacy is written off as them being children, so Scraggy was being a kid right there.

Scraggy had to grow up sometime, why not a Fighting tournament?

Perfect place.. :D

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I don't hate her, I just think she sucks. There's a difference.

That is what I thoguh you did before but you don't accept her development and you are always wishing she loses, that isn't thinking she sucks that is hating the character sorry.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Actually, I was wishing for Bisharp to win, and was disappointed when Conkeldurr lost.

Ok you don't "hate" her, not going to beat on a death horse, hopefully since she is proving herself here, next time she appears you don't "bash" her.

/trollin

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

Kenyan would be dumb to have wished for anything else at that point.

I haven't seen much of him, but I've had my fill. His Japanese seiyuu sounds like a moody, brooding kid, similar to Shooti's Japanese voice and general attitude. One emo is enough in my op.

shac

I don't understand what all these complaints are about? IMO this has been written very well. Ash was never going to win. Scraggy is obviously not that stron yet. It's amazing that he is going up to the semifinals already. Also the focus-blast thing makes it easier to believe. Scraggy learns a powerful new move and is struggling with it. A good battler like Masanumi (or whatever his name is), who is the defending champion is obviously not gonna lose to a pokemon like that.

Kenyan vs Bel also makes sense. Bel is scraggy equivalent in this match-up. She is getting stronger of course, but not on par with the others yet. And I believe she only recently got Emboar. It would take her a while to be able to get in sync with that pig. So naturally she loses to Kenyan.

These all makes perfect sense to me. On top of everything else we get to see Sawk and Throh battle. How cool is that?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thing, I'm gonna agree with you...when is Scraggy suppose to grow up then KIRA?

Just in case you didn't see it, Locormus already posted more evidence of the times that Scraggy has acted like a baby - or "young", if you prefer. Other people who have common sense and have actually paid attention to the anime have already said that they agree about Scraggy being too young to attain victories against bigger Pokemon, so I really don't see what the problem is. And I have no idea when Scraggy is supposed to "grow up", but it better happen soon.

Just in case you didn't see it, Locormus already posted more evidence of the times that Scraggy has acted like a baby - or "young", if you prefer. Other people who have common sense and have actually paid attention to the anime have already said that they agree about Scraggy being too young to attain victories against bigger Pokemon, so I really don't see what the problem is. And I have no idea when Scraggy is supposed to "grow up", but it better happen soon.

Stop acting like I have a problem with everything. I never said I had a problem with Scraggy losing.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

I guess this is his time for that, with the possibility atleast type wise of being used in the next gym, it makes sense to give him some battling experience before it.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
You guys are lucky, having seen the episode. You have seen it, right? I mean, you're all saying the Sawk VS. Throh battle is boring.

In all seriousness, a lot of you are complaining about bad writing only to suggest solutions that are worse.

Ash wins with Scraggy? The Pokémon that has received little training and been in a number of actual battles I can count on one hand against a group of powerful first-stage and evolved Pokémon with moves he's weak against?

Bianca winning everything? Yeah, really credible when all she did was barrel through the one rival even less credible than she is herself and then win a second match with a massive type advantage, purely because she brought a cannon to a gun fight? Seriously, Trip hasn't won a battle on-screen since BW010 and anyone who thought Georgia's Bisharp could beat the worst type combination she could possibly face was lying to themselves. With how devoid of any development Bianca is - no on-screen victories, still completely incompetent as we can see in the Smash previews - the only way the writers could do anything with her was give her the biggest muscle in the tournament and let her loose on a helpless joke rival and a horrifically imbalanced type matchup.

I don't think the outcome of Stephan VS. Masaomi is as obvious as people think. Luke was never given the kind of attention Masaomi is getting, so him becoming a new rival (hopefully to replace the pathetic mess that is Trip...) is more likely. We know little about him so far, so for example, what if he decides to head for the League because he's won the Donamite (at least) twice? That is one possible scenario. It's also a lot more believable if the 'threat' League rival is introduced earlier compared to coming out of nowhere like Tobias did; if Masaomi shows up at the Unova League, it strikes me a lot like if A.J. returned for the Kanto League so long ago.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Luke was never given the kind of attention Masaomi is getting, so him becoming a new rival (hopefully to replace the pathetic mess that is Trip...) is more likely. We know little about him so far, so for example, what if he decides to head for the League because he's won the Donamite (at least) twice? That is one possible scenario. It's also a lot more believable if the 'threat' League rival is introduced earlier compared to coming out of nowhere like Tobias did; if Masaomi shows up at the Unova League, it strikes me a lot like if A.J. returned for the Kanto League so long ago.

No "former champions" of competitions were ever heard from again.

Status
Not open for further replies.