• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Donamite Part 4] BW075: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't understand what all these complaints are about? IMO this has been written very well. Ash was never going to win. Scraggy is obviously not that stron yet. It's amazing that he is going up to the semifinals already. Also the focus-blast thing makes it easier to believe. Scraggy learns a powerful new move and is struggling with it. A good battler like Masanumi (or whatever his name is), who is the defending champion is obviously not gonna lose to a pokemon like that.

Kenyan vs Bel also makes sense. Bel is scraggy equivalent in this match-up. She is getting stronger of course, but not on par with the others yet. And I believe she only recently got Emboar. It would take her a while to be able to get in sync with that pig. So naturally she loses to Kenyan.

These all makes perfect sense to me. On top of everything else we get to see Sawk and Throh battle. How cool is that?

People are just mad that Ash didn't face Bel instead of getting beat by somone else. That's all it is. Since day one people were having high doubts of Ash losing her so it's not the fact that Scraggy lost, it's the fact that Bianca lost.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
It shouldn't matter since Scraggy has finally proven itself in a short amount of time. And people say Ash's Pokemon don't get development. Best development is in Best Wishes Baby!

YES!!! this is gonna be the best battle ever! I really hope Throh is voiced and animated as well as Sawk is.

I am also glad I got most my predictions right except for Bianca/Georgia

IN FIGHT! IN FIGHT! IN FIGHT!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Huh. I haven't been this surprised since Ash's Snorunt evolved. Neither Ash or Bianca makes it to the finals? I would never have bet on that in a million years. At least I guessed the final four right :p

Honestly, I have no idea who to predict to win. Stephan is the recurring rival, but Masaomi seems to be some big powerhouse deal who is blowing everyone else out of the water. I can't possibly guess which one will win, I could see it going either way. But with Bianca losing to Stephan twice now, I think now more than ever that she'll be the one to beat him at the League.

Huh. I haven't been this surprised since Ash's Snorunt evolved. Neither Ash or Bianca makes it to the finals? I would never have bet on that in a million years. At least I guessed the final four right :p

Honestly, I have no idea who to predict to win. Stephan is the recurring rival, but Masaomi seems to be some big powerhouse deal who is blowing everyone else out of the water. I can't possibly guess which one will win, I could see it going either way. But with Bianca losing to Stephan twice now, I think now more than ever that she'll be the one to beat him at the League.

I'm pretty sure Stephan wins. At the end of the episode that just airs doesn't he wish that he wins?

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
It shouldn't matter since Scraggy has finally proven itself in a short amount of time. And people say Ash's Pokemon don't get development. Best development is in Best Wishes Baby!
I think you mean "The best developement in Best Wishes is the baby." Scraggy and, to an extent, Oshawott are Ash's only Pokemon this saga that are dynamic characters. 2/10 isn't exactly a ratio to be proud of.

---

Anyways, I'm reserving my judgement for Sawk vs Throh until the episode airs. While Iwane is a great animator, he isn't the story writer. An episode can be greatly animated but have a bad plot after all. I hope both Sawk and Throh don't share any moves, as I'm not sure how much I'd like to watch a mirror match. Both Stephan and Masaomi having stratigy would be another plus for me.

If Masaomi isn't going to appear after the tournament, then I hope Stephan wins. If Masaomi does reappear, then I'm not sure; a tournament is a better way to introduce a future rival/league challenger than the way Tobias was introduced at least.

No if we only had Watchog man Jimmy Ray...

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I think you mean "The best developement in Best Wishes is the baby." Scraggy and, to an extent, Oshawott are Ash's only Pokemon this saga that are dynamic characters. 2/10 isn't exactly a ratio to be proud of.

Krokorok and Snivy have done pretty well in that field as well. I personally believe that Best Wishes has been a horribly disliked saga for all the wrong reasons. If you're going to dislike it, make it be for good reasons . . . like the serious new Team Rocket. Bring back funny Team Rocket, and we've got one of the best sagas . . . then again, I'm a romanticist who loves all of the sagas about equally.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Krokorok and Snivy have done pretty well in that field as well. I personally believe that Best Wishes has been a horribly disliked saga for all the wrong reasons. If you're going to dislike it, make it be for good reasons . . . like the serious new Team Rocket. Bring back funny Team Rocket, and we've got one of the best sagas . . . then again, I'm a romanticist who loves all of the sagas about equally.

I guess I'll give you the Krok, but I feel Snivy hasn't really changed much sense the start of the saga (Snivy is a great Pokemon with an excellent personally, though. I'm a fan Snivy). I'm not hating BW for character developement by the way, I'm just saying that it might not be one of the saga's strongest points.

---

On topic: How odd is it that both times Bianca entered Don George sponsered tournaments she loses to Stephan? I wonder if there is a reason for this; maybe she beats him in afuture tournament? Either way, I hope the battle isn't too short. I'd be dissapointed if Bianca got so far only to have her loss skimmed over to make time for the finals (think Jessie vs Dawn at the Grand Festival).

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I personally believe that Best Wishes has been a horribly disliked saga for all the wrong reasons.

Best Wishes is disliked because this fandom actually likes the stagnant, predictable junk that came before it, and hate change of any kind.

If you're going to dislike it, make it be for good reasons . . . like the serious new Team Rocket. Bring back funny Team Rocket, and we've got one of the best sagas . . . then again, I'm a romanticist who loves all of the sagas about equally.

No, serious new Team Rocket is one of the things that makes Best Wishes GOOD.

You want "funny" Team Rocket? Go back and watch any of the 600 past episodes. In the present, we need something new.

Last edited:

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
I personally believe that Best Wishes has been a horribly disliked saga for all the wrong reasons.
Best Wishes is disliked because this fandom actually likes the stagnant, predictable junk that came before it, and hate change of any kind.

Citation please? You are speaking your oppinion as if it were a fact. And why are you generalizing the fandom? Everyone has their own oppinion and treating everyone as a being with a single conciousness is silly. Plus, since you are part of the fandom and like Best Wishes, you already render your own statement false.

If you're going to dislike it, make it be for good reasons . . . like the serious new Team Rocket. Bring back funny Team Rocket, and we've got one of the best sagas . . . then again, I'm a romanticist who loves all of the sagas about equally.
No, serious new Team Rocket is one of the things that makes Best Wishes GOOD.

You want "funny" Team Rocket? Go back and watch any of the 600 past episodes. In the present, we need something new.
Again, why shout your oppinions as fact? Just because you don't agree doesn't mean his oppinion should be treated as a false lie. I'll stop now, since I'm off topic and can't think of anything that is on topic.

G50

No longer posting
I don't see how you can say it will be "pretty quick". From the sound of it, this episode will be for the semi-final(2 battles) and final(1 battle), which comes to three 1 vs 1 battles in one episode, which is pretty much the norm for gym battles and those get done good enough time wise for the most part.

I don't think there will be any issue with the length of the battle.

It seems that they may have to rush a bit either with the Semi-Finals or the final itself. To fit three battles in less than 30 mins is challenging, and maybe 1 of the 3 battles will be very short instead of the length it should be.

So, Stephan vs important tournament of the month guy?

Im gonna go ahead and say Stephan is going to win since I doubt the tournament guy will win and never be seen again.

Im glad Scraggy is getting 2 wins in this tournament, it's acceptable that he loses to this Throh dude since at the end of the day, he is still quite young for a Pokemon, im also glad that this ultimately makes Ash seem quite far in the tournament compared to Iris and Cilan.

Why are Ash's friends/rivals winning these tournaments though? Surely the main character should have more focus.

Ash will probably get a lot more focus in the possible 3rd tournament instead, and maybe win that one. It's up in the air as to which trainer wins the final battle, but I wouldn't be shocked if Masaomi wins instead.

I also wonder, how is Throh VS Sawk a boring way to end Donamite?

They are both fighting types and they're being animated by Iwane, the Pokémon animation God. This battle will be anything but boring. Just because the character you wished for to be in the finals isn't there, does not mean in any way that the battle will be boring or anything.

It won't be boring at all, I agree. They will likely showcase Sawk and Throh in a way that everyone will be excited about instead of bored. It will probably be close and come down to only one of them standing back up in the end. (like Blaziken vs Charizard)-like ending to the battle.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So please correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the match-ups then?

Round 1
Scraggy vs Simisage
Simipour vs Simisear
Pansage vs Gothorita
Sawk vs Seismitoad
Bisharp vs Druddigon
Emboar vs Conkeldurr
Excadrill vs Dewott
Throh vs Mienshao

Round 2
Scraggy vs Simipour
Sawk vs Pansage
Throh vs Excadrill
Emboar vs Bisharp

Round 3 - Semi's
Throh vs Scraggy
Sawk vs Emboar

Round 4 - Final
Throh vs Sawk

I personally like the way they've set it out to make Stephan look better, but they could've quite nicely put the Sawk vs Throh battle in the semi's or something, then let Scraggy take the win after properly mastering Focus Blast, which it would've struggled with for the last 3 rounds..

Round 2
Throh vs Excadrill
Sawk vs Emboar
Scraggy vs Simipour
Bisharp vs Pansage

Round 3 - Semi's
Throh vs Sawk
Scraggy vs Bisharp

Round 4 - Finals
Scraggy vs Throh

That way, Bianca would still show improvement, Stephan would still get his Throh battle, Scraggy would believably beat a Dark/Steel type thanks to its own typing and would then even go on to master a move and take the spot as Donamite Champion, making up for its 53(?) episodes of doing.. well, not much..

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Yes that is how it is. Funny how we know how the tourney will go even before it starts.

That's usually the case.

We knew the matchups completely last time too, prior to the beginning of the Don Battle.

At least this will span 4 weeks, unlike the Don Battle, which took 6 weeks(2 weeks break between the first and second, and second and third episodes)

G50

No longer posting
That's usually the case.

We knew the matchups completely last time too, prior to the beginning of the Don Battle.

At least this will span 4 weeks, unlike the Don Battle, which took 6 weeks(2 weeks break between the first and second, and second and third episodes)

The 6 weeks long Tournament was definitely a pain... It would've been a bigger pain if it'd happen here that's for sure.

Knowing the matchups and winners, I wish they wouldn't have done that the 2nd time around; so much has been revealed that there really can't be a surprise occuring, unless Blaze or Guts is activated in the tournament.

Thanks to Adyniz for these pics -
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachm...-a78d1aadcbef7609bfda07272edda3cc7dd99e2b.jpg
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachm...-0f7660fbfbedab647792d378f736afc378311e1b.jpg

Last edited:

Crazed Apple

Dondake~!!
Lolz I'm guessing you missed out on the sinnoh saga
I like the serious Team Rocket better....but that's just me And thousands of others
That's usually the case.

I don't mind this one being shorter. At least all the battles shown are action packed...and there's no one shot battles....

Status
Not open for further replies.