• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Donamite Part 4] BW075: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Not the best quality scan but I can make out something about Shooti and Roobushin in the 3rd Don-a-Might episode, so it looks like he sticks around this time, instead of bouncing as soon as he lost like last Don Battle.

Maybe he stays to watch how other fighting types battle?

G50

No longer posting

Probably, or maybe one of these 2 possibilities -

1) He wants Conkeldurr to watch the rest of the tournament (not likely)
2) Ash/Cilan convinced him that he was better off watching.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS

If he stays, it is for a reason, he does not engage in activities that he deems a waste of time or non-conducive to him becoming stronger.

So I can see him wanting to study how other more successful fighting-types are used, possibly.

dman_dustin

People, the main reason why (I) and other people dislike this tournament already based on the match-ups is quite simply because the finals are Stephan (SAWK) vs Masaomi (THROH)

Had it been any other person or Pokemon match up, it wouldn't be as intolerable as it seems to be now.

That's really the only reason.

I don't care so much that it's Stephan vs Masaomi, what I do hate however is that it' a SAWK VS THROH MATCH. Pokemon Best Wishes did not need a 4 episode arc for a damn SAWK VS THROH MATCH. Iwane be damned.

At this point the only 2 positive things (Scraggy's two wins and Bianca's two wins) are horribly overshadowed by Sawk vs Throh. I don't care how predictable the match up was, it DID NOT need to take place in the finals.

Masaomi didn't even need that damn Pokemon anyway. I'd rather watch Sawk vs Meinshao and Throh vs Meinshao than Sawk vs Throh in the finals.

thunderblade12

Kinda surprised Meinshao is most likely getting shoved in the background in its debut. That's the same thing that happened to its pre-evolution in the Cubchoo episode. Hopefully this line won't get ignored completely.

dman_dustin

Kinda surprised Meinshao is most likely getting shoved in the background in its debut. That's the same thing that happened to its pre-evolution in the Cubchoo episode. Hopefully this line won't get ignored completely.

I know, I was upset to find that Meinshao lost to Throh, regardless of who that trainer is of Throh's.

Meinshao is my favorite 5th gen fighting type Pokemon, and my 2nd overall favorite fighting type Pokemon after Lucario.

I hate seeing such an elegant Pokemon lose to.....Throh. Just so it can be in the finals battling a Sawk

G50

No longer posting
I know, I was upset to find that Meinshao lost to Throh, regardless of who that trainer is of Throh's.

Meinshao is my favorite 5th gen fighting type Pokemon, and my 2nd overall favorite fighting type Pokemon after Lucario.

I hate seeing such an elegant Pokemon lose to.....Throh. Just so it can be in the finals battling a Sawk

It could be that they are focusing on Sawk+Throh for this tournament, and saving an episode for later on for Mienfoo and Mienshao together.

I like that line too, and am disappointed with both of their debuts being very minimal.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm surprised Ash made to semi-finals with... Scraggy.

Anyway, Stephan vs the masaomi dude as the final match is so... unappealing to me. But, It's nice seeing the writers made the final match be about a non-gang member character for a change. For now, I'm curious to watch.

magicallypuzzled

We get to see two probably evenly match pokemon beat the crap out of each other i don't see the problem with that match up at all.

In fact i expect it to be really awesome and funny at the same time with them maybe taking turns hitting each other weird eye and face expressions are a must.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
People, the main reason why (I) and other people dislike this tournament already based on the match-ups is quite simply because the finals are Stephan (SAWK) vs Masaomi (THROH)

Had it been any other person or Pokemon match up, it wouldn't be as intolerable as it seems to be now.

That's really the only reason.

I don't care so much that it's Stephan vs Masaomi, what I do hate however is that it' a SAWK VS THROH MATCH. Pokemon Best Wishes did not need a 4 episode arc for a damn SAWK VS THROH MATCH. Iwane be damned.

At this point the only 2 positive things (Scraggy's two wins and Bianca's two wins) are horribly overshadowed by Sawk vs Throh. I don't care how predictable the match up was, it DID NOT need to take place in the finals.

Masaomi didn't even need that damn Pokemon anyway. I'd rather watch Sawk vs Meinshao and Throh vs Meinshao than Sawk vs Throh in the finals.

I agree with you, but I'm less on the wall about the general Sawk vs. Throh fight, but I completely agree with you on that it shouldn't have been in the finals. It makes this tournament too much of a gimmick, as if they just wanted to show that battle originally and then thought to make a tournament around it.

Funny though that Mienshao vs. Throh is happening as well.. Now we only need Scraggy to beat a Simisear at some point and we're good. Calling a third Don Battle: Burgundy with Simisear...

It could be that they are focusing on Sawk+Throh for this tournament, and saving an episode for later on for Mienfoo and Mienshao together.

I like that line too, and am disappointed with both of their debuts being very minimal.

Marshal could always still appear at the end of this episode and lead into an episode dedicated to him. That would make sense if Trip is sticking around, with Conkeldurr also in Marshal's team. Mienshao is Marshal's strongest ingame, so that would work prefectly. And potentially could give us the Conkeldurr vs. Tepig matchup, for extreme laughs...

Trip vs. Bianca: Conkeldurr vs. Emboar: Emboar wins.
Trip vs. Ash: Conkeldurr vs. Tepig/Pignite: Pignite wins.

Not the best quality scan but I can make out something about Shooti and Roobushin in the 3rd Don-a-Might episode, so it looks like he sticks around this time, instead of bouncing as soon as he lost like last Don Battle.

I hope he stays to learn about train his Conkeldurr

I agree. I think Meinshao is the best coolest fighting type and I would have loved to see it here, not just get passed by.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well at least Trip stays this time and actually get's to see Ash's Scraggy

Not like Trip's gonna care, Trip was already aware that ash has a full team because of the don tournament and Palpitoad.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Trip vs. Bianca: Conkeldurr vs. Emboar: Emboar wins.
Trip vs. Ash: Conkeldurr vs. Tepig/Pignite: Pignite wins.

Wow. You just want to keep making Trip looking even more like a fool don't you? The writers are probably not going to let Trip keep taking hits from everyone especially Ash after all those beats from before. How about letting The Film Nerd(Luke) take some hits?

And I hope Stephan wins. I'm tired of fats dudes being fed to the sharks on this show.

Last edited:

Lunanight

Wow. You just want to keep making Trip looking even more like a fool don't you? The writers are probably not going to let Trip keep taking hits from everyone especially Ash after all those beats from before. How about letting The Film Nerd(Luke) take some hits?

Considering he has got pwned by Cilan in the last don battle, and now lost to Bianca, he does seem weaker then he was in episode 10.

Although I don't particularly like Trip, he is supposed to be the main rival, not the character who everyone takes turns beating to make others seem stronger.

Though I do foresee that if Ash battles him again, it will be one-sided and not in Ash's favor.

That said, I think Conkeldurr is going to be like Paul's Ursaring. Both have guts and both have lost a considerable amount of time. I don't know exactly how much Ursaring has lost on screen but it's at least 3-4 times.

Although I am annoyed Ash lost to a CotD rather then one of the rivals, who actually matter, I am more happy that Bianca did not win the tournament, or even get to the finals.

Just goes to show that just because she beats Georgia and Trip don't mean she cannot be brought down a peg. I was a bit annoyed how Bianca never showed such competence in her other battles and got sweep by Elesa, yet comes and beat both Georgia and Trip. Granted the former had a huge type disadvantage and the latter used arguably one of his weaker pokemon.

But because she beat Georgia and Trip, I cannot wait to see how much more capable she could get. You never know, she could end up winning the Unova League...or Tobias comes and trolls us once more

Status
Not open for further replies.