• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
-_-;; I'm glad I missed that in the appropriate threads. My god.

I think there were worse complaints once. Not too sure on that, though.

Although, I keep getting told to "increase" my standards, but honestly, I like them just where they are. High enough to know when certain things are terrible, and low enough so I can find enjoyment in things that would simply pass by others.

If that makes sense.

Yeah, pretty much. But a lot of people have standards so high that the moon's looking "up" at them and telling them to get down before they "fall" and make a lovely red splat on the ground.

For reference on this matter, see the HG/SS Forum. Or, this Winter, the 5th Gen Forum.

Really CL? Really? I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke, considering the insane logic that followed.

He might have thought that you just stopped resisting and turned stupid.

Cobalt_Latios

Really CL? Really? I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke, considering the insane logic that followed.
The sarcastic "brilliant" should have tipped me off... but it didn't.

Must not have been paying attention.

So do we have a release date for this yet? Or anything beyond no Kremlings and no K. Rool?

woot21 out dawgs
Something along the lines of "2010" is what I made out from what Reggie mentioned... or was that Kirby he was talking about?

He's referring to the now-legendary complaints made during the pre-release period of HG/SS, in which certain individuals actually complained that the tall grass didn't look right.

tl;dr - people are idiots
So... it wasn't just the same idiots complaining about Sonic the Hedgehog 4's grass not looking right?

And out of all things to complain about. Why can't people complain about game mechanic issues like "normal" gamers?

"Holiday 2010"
Okay, so I did hear correctly then.

Yeah, pretty much. But a lot of people have standards so high that the moon's looking "up" at them and telling them to get down before they "fall" and make a lovely red splat on the ground.
Oy, I've always had a dislike for these people. They complain about the things that you're never looking for, or they simply expect things that somehow they knew wouldn't be there.

For reference on this matter, see the HG/SS Forum. Or, this Winter, the 5th Gen Forum.
Yup, already seeing the same old, same old complaints on character designs.

He might have thought that you just stopped resisting and turned stupid.
Well... it's more to do with me just being unsure. I prefer to let people correct me, it works out better that way.

C_L

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Donkey Kong has always been my favorite nintendo character so naturally I'm excited for this. King K. Rool not being there kinda dissapoints me, but I'm still getting soon after release.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Probably what game had me the most excited from Nintendo's conference. I was born during the N64 era, so the only chance I got to play the trilogy was with the GBA remake of DKC2, but this game still looks awesome.I will admit that not having rare on the team kind of stinks, seeing how they made some of my all time favorite games, but Retro seems ready to pick up the torch.

TMW001

Lucario Lover
No K. Rool or Kremlings means I'm not buying. Unless K. Rool is actually in it and they are saying he isn't to hide the fact that he is the final boss. Brilliant!!!

Also, I am excited about this game. Glad to see a return to the roots of DK games. No more Donkey Kongas getting used, for a total of three games (derp). Time for some jungle hijinx.

woot21 out dawgs

Just because they say Kremlins aren't in it dosen't mean K.Rool won't be and I mean there's no telling what we'll have to see until we play the game I mean even the DK country games broke the 4th wall sometimes.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Just because they say Kremlins aren't in it dosen't mean K.Rool won't be and I mean there's no telling what we'll have to see until we play the game I mean even the DK country games broke the 4th wall sometimes.

Um, I thought K.Rool was a Kremling.

Nitro123 (PG)

Needs a user title
I can't wait for this game. I played the original DKC on my SNES, and it's tied with Super Mario World for my favorite SNES game. Although Rareware isn't making it this time thanks to Microsoft, I still think it's looks like a great game, and I'll be buying it when it comes out.

Torpoleon

At first, I wasn't too interested in this game. I saw a trailer of it on the Nintendo Channel recently and decided that it is a great game! I'll definitely be getting it. Good thing for me that there are no underwater levels. I'm not much of a fan of underwater levels.

TicoPokemonMaster

I thought it would be interesting to update by saying wellcome rambi,

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The gorgeous boxart for those who haven't seen:
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=134939

Will the confirmation of Rambi finally shut up the folks who are complaining this doesn't have the same cast, villains, graphics, controls, sound effects, and cartridge of the original trilogy?
(Hint: NO.)

TeddiUrsa

The gorgeous boxart for those who haven't seen:
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=134939

Will the confirmation of Rambi finally shut up the folks who are complaining this doesn't have the same cast, villains, graphics, controls, sound effects, and cartridge of the original trilogy?
(Hint: NO.)

Looks pretty awesome. I hope the EU boxart will be the same..well, maybe it will be even better? :p

I am really looking forward to this game. DKC2 is one of my favourite games of all time and almost all Kong games after it disappointed me so I'll say that it is time for another timeless classic DK, Jump`n Run-style ( I am SO German for calling it a "Jump'n Run" instead of "Platformer" xD)

I hope my Wii returns repaired in the next 2 weeks...damn broken thing...

TicoPokemonMaster

S.Suikun I agree with you on the boxart. It has alot of action going on in that one scene.

This game in my opinion was gonna be great but it got even better with Rambi. I don't care if any of the other animal buddies appear they atleast remembered one of the animal buddies. Still keeping my fingers crossed for Cranky and Funky.

Retro Studios did their homework, I love how they include the level were DK's house is ( the name escapes me, I think its either Jungle Japes or Jungle Hijinx). Rambi, the mine carts. While still added a touch of their own work. It no longer Rare's remake, its retro studios new title.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i havn't been following anything at the E3, is this a remake of the old game or a complete new story?

BCVM22

i havn't been following anything at the E3, is this a remake of the old game or a complete new story?

You could try reading the thread or hitting up one of the countless resources willing to answer your question instead of doing the "I'm too lazy to do any of that, someone spoonfeed me the info please" boogaloo.

TicoPokemonMaster

s.i.e
1) like BCVM22 said you are being lazy just look it up.
2) there is no King K.Rool
3) there are no kremlins

to sum it all up

Donkey kong country returns is to the tribute to the original DKC triology just as much as New Super Mario Bros Wii is a tribute to SMB 1, 2, 3 and world.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
You could try reading the thread or hitting up one of the countless resources willing to answer your question instead of doing the "I'm too lazy to do any of that, someone spoonfeed me the info please" boogaloo.

i was trying to see if i could start up a conv with a few guys by asking things while learning more about the product. i'm dissapointed in the fact that you had to be that person. please go menace somebody else BCV.