• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Donkey Kong Country Returns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wn9RHa0d84

That volcano level looks really intense. and the visual effect where DK is completely black except for his tie is a really neat touch.

0:07: Oh hi there, Mr. Game And Watch. Nice to see you're still alive and kicking.

But hell, look at the background at 0:03. GW is all well and good, but 25M made an appearance!

DAMMIT, I need this game. I may've been born in 1995, but I like Retrogames like one you 30 Year Old or 40 year old guys who can reminisce about DKC 1 and 2 all f*cking day. I wonder what'll happen if you collect all the Jiggies...

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think the black/silhouette DK levels are my favourite. They look nice.

Haha, Mr. Game & Watch!

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
As a long time fan of the DK series. I'm definitely going to get this game by any means necessary even if I have to pay for it with credit since I won't have the cash!

DKC2 was my favorite out of the series! It seemed longer, more challenging, fun levels and best of all the music! The ice, haunted woods, lava, swamp and bramble music levels I could listen to all day! Even the absent of DK didn't faze me none. Here's hoping the music in DKR is great too.

DKC comes second and DKC3 is way down on my list! I don't know why Rare even went the route it did with 3.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
As a long time fan of the DK series. I'm definitely going to get this game by any means necessary even if I have to pay for it with credit since I won't have the cash!

DKC2 was my favorite out of the series! It seemed longer, more challenging, fun levels and best of all the music! The ice, haunted woods, lava, swamp and bramble music levels I could listen to all day! Even the absent of DK didn't faze me none. Here's hoping the music in DKR is great too.

DKC comes second and DKC3 is way down on my list! I don't know why Rare even went the route it did with 3.

I never played Donkey Kong Country 3 but I had Donkey Kong Land 3 for the original gameboy and it was pretty stupid. I really hated Kiddy Kong, I think thats what his name was. Only 5 days to go =D

TicoPokemonMaster

I agree on some thing. DKC2 is one of my favorite games as well and I wasn't fazed by DK's absence.

But in my list of dk series games the list goes like this:

1. DKC, DKC2, DK64 ( not to be taking in that order, all of these hold as strong place in my heart).
4.DCK3. liked it but was the odd ball of the series.

I'm very sure that DCKR will join the ranks of DKC,DKC2,and DK64

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Well, the game has been out for over a week and I wonder what everybody thinks of it. Me personally, I really liked the game. It was definitely harder than I remembered the original Donkey Kong Country being. Those extra items like the Heart and the Banana Juice really helped me against the bosses. So, what do you think of the game?

yoshi1990

Yoshi Trainer
I think its a great game. I have beat the final boss. Now im on a quest to get all the puzzle pieces and the 8 orbs I only used the banana juice on 2 levels World 5-K: Blast & Bounce and 6-K: perilous passage. I did use the extra heart a litle on levels that where hard fo me. I hate World 5-8: Muncher Marathon. Geting all the puzzle pieces and KONG leters was so hard for me but its not the hardest level that level is level 6-K: perilous passage I love mine cart levels. Im realy happy there are more in this game than the original.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Not really interested. Don't see a point.

TicoPokemonMaster

then why post here. don't like it then don't comment.

I haven't played the game yet ( it's my christmas gift). But I have played two levels at Target. It was Jungle Hijinx and one of the beach levels. And only by playing those two level I think that the game is awsome. Some people are saying that the controls are alittle off. But if you treat the wiimote softly that won't be a problem

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Argh your signature its burns my eye! Really why did you post here we all know that your taste in video game suck.

As for Donkey Kong Country Returns it just came out today in the UK I haven't got my copy yet as the nice Post Man haven't given it to me (although I did get Golden Sun 1 in the post yay!)

-Raiga-

then why post here. don't like it then don't comment.

Its criticism, get over it. Some people like myself wanted to check out the thread to see if the game was worth a buy, and posts like that actually help me more than people just posting to say "I haven't got it yet, gunna play it later".

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Its criticism, get over it. Some people like myself wanted to check out the thread to see if the game was worth a buy, and posts like that actually help me more than people just posting to say "I haven't got it yet, gunna play it later".

Er no it isn't the guy is just being a retard and just posting to up his postcount. Also I fail to understand how comment like that help you to buy the game if he hasn't brought it or has any desire to play the game.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
He's doing the same thing except not playing it later. He can't criticize a game he never bought.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
i hate DKC! ive played the first 3 and i dont get it. why cant you kill guys with DK, Diddy, Dixcy, or Jimmy? its nothin like mario

TicoPokemonMaster

you must have skipped the rest of my comment. I have the game, just can't play it yet, again christmas gift. Also I'm basing my comments on two levels I have play and completed. Plus first impressions are very important in choosing games, it could make you want it or not.

As I was saying from my first impressions of the two level I played, I enjoyed it very much. And I know it will only get better

Dattebayo

Banned
I really enjoyed the game very much. It's a lot harder than I expected as there are some levels I constantly die at due to getting one stinking letter or puzzle piece. I really hate the mine cart levels the most as that's where I die from.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
i hate DKC! ive played the first 3 and i dont get it. why cant you kill guys with DK, Diddy, Dixcy, or Jimmy? its nothin like mario

Sigh, I need a little help from my friend, Wiki

Wikipedia said:
To defeat an enemy, players can either execute a roll, jump or groundslam (a move reserved only for Donkey Kong). However, some enemies cannot be taken down like this, so the player must throw a barrel or use the assistance of an animal.

In other words you suck at the game.

-Raiga-

Also I fail to understand how comment like that help you to buy the game if he hasn't brought it or has any desire to play the game.

Hmm, how would someone having no desire to play a particular game help me...thats a tough one. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact if someone doesn't want to play a game, its probably for a reason, a negative one.

He's doing the same thing except not playing it later. He can't criticize a game he never bought.

Uhh, duh. I think we all get that. Its the fact he can criticize the idea that the publishers haven't done anything to warrant any actual interest in the game.

you must have skipped the rest of my comment.

Or perhaps I didn't quote that part of your comment because I wasn't referring to that part of it? Although honestly I didn't segway into my other sentence too well, so I apologize.

I was more referring to a lot of the other posts mentioning they are getting it for christmas or have yet to pick it up throughout the thread, such as blazeboy's right before yours.

Plus first impressions are very important in choosing games, it could make you want it or not.

Just like that was king world's first impression. Yes I do think someone should at least play the game first, but my point in all of this was merely it WAS criticism.