• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't Cry-de, Mareanie! (1001)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Don't Cry-de, Mareanie!

After a shopping trip, James' Mareanie encounters a Mareanie it used to have unrequieted love for. The other Mareanie proclaims its love for James' Mareanie, but James' Mareanie dismisses it as it likes James now. Due to this, James and the other Mareanie battle. Will James be able to keep Mareanie?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, a female Frillish is now a rare pokemon, and James tried to capture it? Like Seriously?........................

Guess, even the story/script-writers also want to forget the BW Saga now.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, one of the most boring fillers I have seen recently in SM. The episode didn't even show the moment when that alternate coloured Mareanie evolved into Toxapex??? I really didn't get it.

I'd give it 3/10 anyway.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
So, a female Frillish is now a rare pokemon, and James tried to capture it? Like Seriously?........................

Why the heck did you jump to that conclusion? To Team Rocket like almost any mon they see is valuable.

And it's not like the writers for random filler will be rethinking every past capture.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Hmm, one of the most boring fillers I have seen recently in SM. The episode didn't even show the moment when that alternate coloured Mareanie evolved into Toxapex??? I really didn't get it.

I'd give it 3/10 anyway.

Uh, it evolved on screen?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Uh, it evolved on screen?

Uh, really? I saw the episode more than once just recently on internet and I never got to see the moment when that alternate coloured Mareanie evolved into Toxapex.

andrewscott48209

Uh, really? I saw the episode more than once just recently on internet and I never got to see the moment when that alternate coloured Mareanie evolved into Toxapex.

I did. Saw the blue light of evolution and everything. My problem is not with the episode, but with the stream I had. The video and audio were desynced, and had an errant pitch.

Last edited:

Rohanator

Yeah the Mareanie did evolve on screen. After getting rejected by James' Mareanie it evolved and attacked James.

Jessie's Frillish was pretty forgettable so it's most likely an honest mistake, saying the writers are trying to forget about BW on purpose is just being spiteful for the sake of it.

I really enjoyed this episode. I love all TR focused episodes after all but this was still a fun one.

Yeah the Mareanie did evolve on screen. After getting rejected by James' Mareanie it evolved and attacked James.

Jessie's Frillish was pretty forgettable so it's most likely an honest mistake, saying the writers are trying to forget about BW on purpose is just being spiteful for the sake of it.

Plus they gave all the Unova pokemon to the boss so maybe James just wanted to catch a new one

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

That because what you saw was cropped and edited, it wasn't the full episode (its easily understandable that it had edited parts).

By the way, just a heads-up, but taking about those kind of source on the forum isn't appropriate (since they aren't official sources), so be careful.

Why the heck did you jump to that conclusion? To Team Rocket like almost any mon they see is valuable.

And it's not like the writers for random filler will be rethinking every past capture.
Plus they gave all the Unova pokemon to the boss so maybe James just wanted to catch a new one

My main problem was that, they made the trio act like it was rare to see one and it was there first time trying to catch one (no hint at all that Jessie herself owned one during BW Saga).
I won't have had a problem if it was done by some random recurring character, but JJ&M are regular characters, and Jessie did own Frillish for quite sometime.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Yeah, I thought this episode was pretty trash. I'd give it a 2.5/10. I'm getting really fed up with the whole Maraenie loving James.

Honestly, regardless whether previous series were good or not, most of them had very good TRio focus episodes. So far in SM, both the TRio focus episodes have been some of the worst in this series, SM038, and now this, SM058.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

5.5/10
The Frillish segment really made me a tad bit annoyed. Don't know why exactly a Frillish of all things interested him considering his partner had one two regions (B̶W̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶e̶d̶. Wouldn't make me mad in the slightest lol)
Mareanie got nothing as expected. Go figure. I liked the scene with Munchlax & Mareanie the most.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Meh, pretty boring episode. I will admit that the flashbacks between James and Mareanie were a bit touching and this episode did remind us of James' caring personality, but that's about it.

I think my favorite part of this episode was when Burnet made some Pokemon food for Mareanie and her Munchlax was licking its chops, ready to eat it, but was denied by Burnet. That was funny. :p

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Not too exciting of an episode, really expected Mareanie to take careof the last tentacruel and evolve, but James did lol.

Probably the best part was the ending, finding out that Toxapek was easily won over and James won it over at the end haha

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I expected this episode to be more entertaining than it was. I feel there was potential the writers didn't take advantage of, especially the battle between James and Toxapex, which could have been far funnier.

The flashbacks of James and Mareanie were touching, and overall, this episode was another nice reminder of James's caring personality. I wasn't surprised that he was willing to leave Mareanie behind with its former love, as I saw that one coming a mile away. But the fact that he felt bad that he couldn't buy the Corsola pendant for Mareanie also showed his caring side, albeit more subtly.

Speaking of which... I thought that scene of Mareanie admiring the Corsola pendant was going to be a different kind of foreshadowing. I thought James would buy that pendant for Mareanie when she wasn't around and surprise her with it near the end of the episode, showing just how much he cares about her, since he made it clear he couldn't afford it.

I think my favorite part of this episode was when Burnet made some Pokemon food for Mareanie and her Munchlax was licking its chops, ready to eat it, but was denied by Burnet. That was funny. :p
I thought that was pretty funny, too, especially the look on Burnet's face—that deceptively friendly smile combined with the warning tone of her voice. Overall, I liked the entire scene at Kukui and Burnet's house. I did like that, even though Ash and Kukui recognized Mareanie as Team Rocket's, they were still willing to help her; and Burnet even fixed her a meal. It was subtle, but it showed their caring personalities, too; after all, they could have just decided to leave her on the beach to wallow in her misery by herself.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That Frillish fixation is outright weird. Even if it didn't mean the writers wanted to forget BW, it still was just odd. And considering TR relinquishes all of their newly caught Pokemon except Wobbuffet, this is even weirder.

That Toxapex only had such wrong shiny colors all because it heavily resembled James whenever Mareanie poisoned his head to hell. If this isn't a toxic (pardon the pun) and awkward relationship, I don't know what it is.

Rajas

Episode itself was meh. there were probably four thingsI think that were good.
1. James jump kicking that Tentacruel was like wow, his left foot has some power.
2. Then throwing it away, James is Superman ffs.
3. Lycanroc sleeping spreadeagled was pretty cute.
4. The biggest part for me, the music for James vs Toxapex was great.

Other than that, episode was meh.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I thought the episode was funny and emotional. James is such a great trainer. He really does care about Mareanie and the flashbacks Mareanie was having during her stay at Kukui's helped build the mood. I felt their emotions right up until Toxapex decided to kill the vibe and fight. I really enjoyed this episode, mainly because it focused somewhat on James and none of the scenes felt awkward or rushed. From Meowth's demonstration on Mareanie's past with her senior to James and Toxapex duking it out and protecting both of them from that cruel Tentacruel, it was a blast!!

James is so irresistible... even to men. :p:p