1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Don't evolve, I love you!

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Gravy, Dec 5, 2008.

?

Just stay as you are.

1. Buoysel

19.2%
  2. Chimchar

6.7%
  3. The Bird

9.2%
  4. Croagunk

46.7%
  5. Happiny

36.7%
  6. Buneary

20.0%
  7. Other (older pokémon or those with other trainers)

21.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

How does that equal to hate? If anything, people want it to evolve so they can see more of it.

2. Shinneth

Shinneth Fail-Leader!

Yeaaah... basically, Brock's Pokemon that are still not fully evolved should stay that way. Both of them have little quirks/running gags that just don't work out as well if you change them.

Everything else on the list? Sure, why not. Go for it. Or not (though I'd REALLY like to have Chimchar evolve at some point, personally...). But Buizel, Buneary? They could go either way and I wouldn't really mind or even care.

3. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

Croagunk and Happiny, their respective gimmicks won't work when they're all grown up!

4. Shadow-saur

Shadow-saur Monkeyshipping, ftw!

but still, why is it listed as 'the bird'?

5. kirapwns

kirapwns PS3?OverNLNEthousand

lawl, true. Seems like hate.

6. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Because it's not a dog.

7. Shadow-saur

Shadow-saur Monkeyshipping, ftw!

...yes. <_< >_> i kind of meant why didn't you just put it's name like all the others?

8. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

Happiny evolving would give me a very narrow sliver of hope that it means Brock leaving forever with a Nurse Joy, so as unlikely as such an event sounds, I still want that Easter Egg to evolve.

Croagunk, on the other hand, is perfect the way it is, especially with Saturn still in the picture which makes its conflicts with Toxicroak all the more amusing (imagine the seemingly-unobtainable level of awesome that Corphish could have reached had it repeatedly gotten in scuffles with an Aqua Crawdaunt). And while a pointed jab by a Toxicroak would prove all the more painful to Brock, Croagunk has more of a creeper factor than a lethal one.
    Because if he put "The Monkey" for Chimchar, that could mean anything. Whereas with "The Bird", there's no arguement.
    "ButBut---"
    NO ARGUEMENT!

Besides, "The Bird" equaling "hate"? If Gravy hates the bird, then I hate dark and twisted humor that is so politically-incorrect that laughing at such a thing would be a federal crime.

Oh, train wrecks and pigeons flying into windows - will you ever stop entertaining me so?

But I'd like Mukubird to stay itself for as long as possible, if only to drag the corpse of its meme across a bed of rusty nails. Because let's face it - the main reason "Muku.BIRD" is so amusing is the fact that its name screams, "Hey look! I'm the generic regional BIRD Pokemon!" Mukuhawk isn't as fun. Not every regional avian is a hawk, whereas every regional avian is a bird.

9. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

I never did understand that meme or how Muku.BIRD was established... It seems I never will. u_u

10. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

How could anyone think Gravy would hate Mukkubird. :/

Anyway, Craogunk for me. I like Toxicroak, but damn I'll miss Croagunk! Mukkubird evolving is kinda bittersweet for me too...:(

( on another note, the whole thing about calling them "the otter", "the monkey", or whatever that Almighty Zard, Thriller, the usual suspects do is kinda getting on my nerves...but that's a whole nother topic...)

11. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

I don't use terms like "noob" every often, but Gravy hating Staravia? God damn it, people. I don't think that it would matter much if Brock's pokemon evolve in the arse end of their region just cause they so rarely feature after they're left at the Gym.

12. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Yeah, but since Ash's birds always reach their final forms each saga, I'd be awfully surprised if Ash didn't have a Staraptor by the end of Sinnoh.

It wouldn't make sense why Starly evolved so early just to keep it as Staravia for the rest of DP.

Chimchar is also more or less 90% confirmed to evolve, so there's no point in talking about it.

13. Cobalt_Latios

Cobalt_Latios Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to see any of these guys evolve (the "magic" of this series), I'd have to agree with the likes of Gravy and Octoboy and the terms of Happiny; it's schtick loses appeal after gaining a ton or so. And, while I've seen many comments over the web stipulating that Brock's Croagunk should evolve, I myself would beg to differ; sure, it's gotten it's share of battles, but it really does shine by being a pain... yes, literally.

Buizel could benefit from evolution, not saying that it should, but it could. Chimchar, well everyone wants our little champ to make it big, so I suppose he can. Grotle going to Torterra is something I think might happen, but not until they reach the Sinnoh BF (similar to Grovyle). Hmm, now who does that leave...? Oh, Buneary. Quite frankly, I'm indifferent to the ball of fur. Having missed out on quite the deal of episodes in the last while, I haven't really had the chance to really view each character in such a way. Oh well, I might change that. But, I don't really think Buneary would do with a metaphorical "make over".

That's just how Gravy likes it. He's been calling it ever since ol' Starly took flying to new heights, and apparently has kind of made it his own little signature intro of sorts. Most of the people around here know him for it, so, that'd be why. Sure, other people use it too, such as: "those that have been mentioned by other members."

Truthfully, I never quite got it either, but it seems that ever since Mu-... I mean, Starly's evolution, he's been getting a different name for whatever reason. Heck, I think I know what it is, but only Gravy knows... and his answer might not even be the real deal.

~C_L~

14. csisps_26

csisps_26 Roark <3

^
    Probably because Staravia's Japanese name = Mukubird. So, basically it's Muku+english word. So... the meme Muku.Bird came out. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    -----
    Oh, and I voted Buizel, Croagunk, Happiny, Buneary and other. Yup. I think Buizel should stay as is, it's already powerful enough the way it is. Croagunk? If it turned into Toxicroak, then the rivalry between it and Saturn's Toxicroak wouldn't be as fun. Little Happiny and the gag of 'hurling Brock into the air' wouldn't be as fun, either. About Buneary... the crush it has on Pikachu is kind of nice for now. Seeing a Lopunny crushing on Pikachu just doesn't seem right. But it's completely based on my opinion. About the 'other' part, I'm saying Grotle. Yes, Grotle, you should stay Grotle. We already have Torterra with Paul. People who hates Piplup, I'm saying it might not evolve, but I want it to go at least to Prinplup. But that's out of topic.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  15. OBSESSED WITH PKNM

OBSESSED WITH PKNM I'M BACK...MISS ME?

ok i say happiny shouldn't evolve, because i absolutaly love happiny its one of my favorite pknm that i get to see more then one time in the anime. also it evolves into blissey!!!

but croagunk shouldn't evolve until it defeats saturns toxicroak...other then that the rest can go evolve...

16. PsychicsRox

PsychicsRox Well-Known Member

Happiny shouldn't evolve. Its too cute. And Croagunk shouldn't evolve. It just shouldn't. And Buoysel shouldn't evolve. It shouldn't take so much of the limelight.

17. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Regarding Muku's eventual evolution. While I certainly do love ol' Avian Presley to bits, I'm certainly not against it's inevitable evolution into the floppy haired raptor. Visually, I think Mukubird (and kuru) is funnier, which I suppose is one of the reasons I like it so much, but I wouldn't be sad to see it go, far from it infact. While it hasn't been handled perfectly, it's done more than Noctowl and Pidgeotto put together, and it's had plenty of entertaining moments that have made it's stay worthwhile. I'll still be rather sad upon it's departure, regardless. If the hawk matches up to it's levels of hillarity, I'll be astounded.

Suikun explained the meaning behind it well enough. It was originally nothing more than a jab at it's simplistic japanese name, emphesisng the largely generic 'Bird' portion. I think the first time I used it was in one of the caption threads, alongside an image in which a Staravia in the foreground seemed like it was in the background, appearing to be giant. Hence the capitals and bold font. From there, it kind of evolved to the point where me and a few other guys started replacing 'bird' with whichever word was appropriate at the time. For instance, if Mukubird crashed into a door, we'd call it Muku.DOORBELL. There are also other little in-jokes between a couple of us involving it's suspected brain damage and it's unquestionable god-like status. I started the former during a review for the second DP episode, though I'm sketchy on the latter. Chances are that was me too, since I remember writing 'Muku = God' on something initially and going from there.
    I never really considered it a meme myself, just a little joke between a couple of forum friends. God knows I don't want to be associated with that Mudkip garbage. A few people sort of picked up on it, but thankfully it hasn't reached levels of mass usage, infamy or anything of the sort. Hopefully it stays that way.

18. Pokegirl16

Pokegirl16 Hikarifan

Buneary should not evolve (I'm not really a lagmorph shipper) Anyway if Piplup should evolve then Buneary shouldn't. Dawn needs some cute stuff on her team besides pachirisu and buneary needs more screen time. Its good how she got some screentime in Dp 105

19. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

BOOizel should stay the way it is forever and ever so whatshisname can keep poking fun at it until the end of time. Besides, you can't make a good cheap insult from Floatzel's name, now can you?

In all honesty now(not that I wasn't being one hundred per-cent honest before!), I almost want Croagunk to stay the way it is forever and ever because Croagunk are inheritantly more creepy than Toxicroak, and Mukulord knows that the best part of Croagunk is how gawshdurned creepy the thing is. Of course, I wouldn't say no to Toxicroak(as my avatar might suggest), and Brock being jabbed with a long sharp poisonous claw as opposed to a mere poisonous finger does have some added humor value...and Brock's Frog vs Saturn's Frog will always be an awesome battle no matter which stage Brock's Frog is in...

Basically what I'm tryin' to say here is more characters need Toxicroagunks.

20. Rave

Rave Banned

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/Rave779/Joke%20images/silence.gif[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/Rave779/Joke%20images/Hollywood.png[/IMG139]

Anyways, in all seriousness, if I were to make a choice, I'd probably have it be Croagunk. Mostly because I personally love the whole Croagunk popping out and poison jabbing Brock. It honestly won't feel the same if it were a Toxicroak