• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't Forget the Lyrics (Serebii Style)

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Yep, MugoUrth wants to make another game for Serebii. This time I'm trying something easier. Something that doesn't require too much attention.

So anyway, this is based off of the TV show, Don't Forget the Lyrics. It's the game where you don't have to sing it well, you just have to sing it correctly.

The rules are simple and numbered.

1: You start out with four categories to choose from, ranging from several different genres. This can be country, pop, disco, rock and roll, even video game music.
2: Each category will have two songs to choose from. Choose the song you think you know better.
3: Once a song is chosen, I will type out the lyrics to the song up to a certain point.
4: There will be a missing line in the song with a certain number of missing words, which I will mention before the song. If you can guess the line correctly, you will win some hypothetical money.
5: You must get EVERY WORD correct. If you even get one word wrong, the it will register as a loss.
6: Oh, but don't worry too badly, it's not game over, you just lose hypothetical money for wrong guesses. Just write it off and pick another category.
7: After all four categories have been cleared, you get to partake in an Encore song. Guess it right to earn more hypothetical money. ...Guess it wrong, and you lose all of your hypothetical money. That is unless you have cleared all four categories, then you only lose most of it.
8: You will be given a single lifeline for when you don't know the lyrics to a song. Your Back-Up lifeline will give you multiple choices. Three to be exact. Two are wrong, one is right. But of coarse, like all gameshow lifelines, you can only use it once.
9: The song recognized probably will not be something obscure, so it should never be TOO hard.
10: And that should wrap it up. One more thing, however. I will only accept one contestant at a time. First come, first serve.

And that is about all that needs to be said. Let's see who will get the hot seat first.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
(Now that it has been accepted, bump.)

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
You are on the hotseat. Before we begin, though. I need to think of some categories.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Hmm can't you have two people trying to compete against each other?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Oh hey, Google, old friend. Do you know the lyrics to this song?

Plus, one at a time is awful. Yeah, I'll give this a few weeks.

I've discussed that with the mods before. Most people are more honest than that. Also, this game should go pretty fast, and there's no way to have a second contestant. Please begone.

Hmm can't you have two people trying to compete against each other?

Not right now. I might try it if I can make it work, though. If you would like I could put you in the next game.

Okay, Doctor Who. Here are your four categorizes.

Classic Rock
Country
Nintendo DS

Twentington

Outta here!
...oh! Took me a while to realize what version of the show we were playing.

I'll take classic rock.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
... I dont want to rain on ur parade but cant we do a fast google :p

Okay, I should probably make one more rule. If I suspect anyone is using Google to look up answers, they will be disqualified. For example, regardless of whether you know the lyrics or not, there's no reason you should only post the answer and not discuss anything.

Alright Doctor Who, here are your choices.

Rock And Roll Fantasy: By Bad Company
OR
I Can't Drive 55: By Sammy Hagar

Twentington

Outta here!
You know, I've never heard of either of these songs.

...okay, maybe the top one. So yeah, I'll go with the first one.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Alright, Rock and Roll Fantasy, by Bad Company. You're looking for 3 missing lyrics. And... Start the music.

Here come the Jesters, 1-2-3!

It's all part of my fantasy!

I love the music And I love to see the crowd!

Dancin' in the aisles and singin' out loud!

Here come the Dancers, 1 by 1.

Your mama's calling But...

____ _____ _____?

Twentington

Outta here!
(attempting to stay in beat) I don't know?!? :D

I truly don't know, honestly.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
You're not even going to take a stab at it?

Twentington

Outta here!
Trust me, I wouldn't know this one. I'm going to save the lifeline... er sorry, backup for later. I'd need it more for the 'Country' category.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Alright then. What is the correct answer.

Your mama's calling But...
You're having fun!

And that's no money. Alright, pick another category.

Twentington

Outta here!
Let's go back to the year we realized Y2K wasn't as bad as we thought, 2000.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Okay, here are your choices.

Crawling - by Linkin Park
Or
Sk8er Boi - by Avril Lavigne ?

Twentington

Outta here!
Never heard Crawling before. I should know the other song, so yeah, let's go with the Avril Lavigne song.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Alright, this time you're looking for six missing lyrics. So, let's start the song.

He was a boy. She was a girl.

Can I make it anymore obvious?

He was a punk. She did ballet.

What more can I say?

He wanted her. She'd never tell.

Secretly she wanted him as well.

And all of her friends stuck up their nose.

And they had a problem with his baggy clothes.

He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy.

He wasn't good enough for her.

She had a pretty face but ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____?