• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't Give In, Piplup! An Ice Floe Race in the Sinnoh Region!! (1097)

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I'm glad we got a Screamydex entry though

Ash didn't know where piplup was from, so that's another nail in the coffin for continuity as well
Not necessarily. It's possible that Piplups are found outside Sinnoh. Didn't May catch her Bulbasaur in Hoenn?

D

Deleted member 384931

You people are really going at this episode and complaining that it's a filler while simultaneously praising the episode where Lana (stood there with some Stoutland- idefk? And got a z-ring for some reason?) and Mallow (made food? okay? and got a z-ring. I love Mallow but this was bs) Not to mention an episode that was a sleepover filler with 30 seconds of Lillie meeting Silvally, so the entire episode was autoatically critically acclaimed? But Gou catching and actually using a Mantyke is not okay? The Sword and Shield anime has been fantastic so far and the fact that people have been comparing it to s*n and m**n which was 90% filler to begin with is incredibly hypocritic.
THIS IS NOT A SWORD AND SHIELD ANIME. THIS IS A SERIES WHERE ASH AND GOU GOING TO 8 KNOWN REGIONS, GO IT?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You people are really going at this episode and complaining that it's a filler while simultaneously praising the episode where Lana (stood there with some Stoutland- idefk? And got a z-ring for some reason?) and Mallow (made food? okay? and got a z-ring. I love Mallow but this was bs) Not to mention an episode that was a sleepover filler with 30 seconds of Lillie meeting Silvally, so the entire episode was autoatically critically acclaimed? But Gou catching and actually using a Mantyke is not okay? The Sword and Shield anime has been fantastic so far and the fact that people have been comparing it to s*n and m**n which was 90% filler to begin with is incredibly hypocritic.

What ?
Do you even read what people have to say?
It being a filler isn't a complaint. It being one of those classical overused fillers is the complaint. All those instances u mentioned were some unique fillers with not the same tired concept.
Heck this episode had potential and it was really good in the first half, but then TR popping up, being blasted off easily and so the rivalry ends was really unoriginal and tired. The ending with psyduck was hilarious tho

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The episode was fun but this is the most formulaic filler I have seen in years, except with the usual PM things like Gou catching pokémon and the TR Gacha

Random Cotd: Check
Random Pokémon with some conflict: Check
TR Appearing and trying to capture all the pokémon: Check
Conflict solved during TR show-off: Check
Pikachu exploding TR with thunderbolt: Check
EVEN THE SUNSET AT THE END: Check

In the end I was not sure if Ash was going back to Vermilion or going to the next Gym, seriously
And the race being cancelled was certainly because the episode was literally out of time

Like I said, it was fun, but... Still worth quite some criticism

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
None of the episodes you mentioned were really praised. Heck, the Mallow one was critiziced quite a bit because there wasn't much of a plot

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
None of the episodes you mentioned were really praised. Heck, the Mallow one was critiziced quite a bit because there wasn't much of a plot
Indeed (although I personally thought it was OK). But I liked SM fillers simply for being different even if the quality itself wasn't 100% good all the time.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
The episode was fun but this is the most formulaic filler I have seen in years, except with the usual PM things like Gou catching pokémon and the TR Gacha

Random Cotd: Check
Random Pokémon with some conflict: Check
TR Appearing and trying to capture all the pokémon: Check
Conflict solved during TR show-off: Check
Pikachu exploding TR with thunderbolt: Check
EVEN THE SUNSET AT THE END: Check

In the end I was not sure if Ash was going back to Vermilion or going to the next Gym, seriously
And the race being cancelled was certainly because the episode was literally out of time

Like I said, it was fun, but... Still worth quite some criticism

This episode is like a filler of Diamond and Pearl. With the difference that in a typical DP filler, that roles would have taken by Hikari's Pochama and Takeshi's Gureggru, while Misaki would had Tamanta and a rival.

As a curiosity, never in DP there were a filler episode during Diamond and Pearl in Kissaki (Snowpoint) City.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
I'm glad we got a Screamydex entry though

I honestly never really minded the Gou's Rotom Phone's voice until this episode. I had been completely neutral about Marina Aicholtz's vocal performance until now, but I completely understand why some people have been complaining about her recently: her voice is just too loud sometimes.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
This episode is like a filler of Diamond and Pearl. With the difference that in a typical DP filler, that roles would have taken by Hikari's Pochama and Takeshi's Gureggru, while Misaki would had Tamanta and a rival.
I knew the continuity in this series so far is mostly subliminar but didn't realize that

Henry's Journey

That depends. Is Go planning to use the Pokémon he's caught for battle or his team? If not, then it is filler.

Ohh so the standard changes for this new series? and a very arbitrary one you put. It's not a filler because co-protagonist Go catched a Pokemon even if he won't use them in battle, we know they're at Sakuragi's lab.

It was an average episode I guess, like someone said it seems PM will have almost 0 fillers if Go is catching at least 1 mon per episode.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Go not being interested that much in battling unlike Ash only wastes away all his miraculous Critical Captures just as how Ash is wasting his time using Pikachu (and Mr. Mime) over and over again. It's like the worst of both worlds.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I honestly never really minded the Gou's Rotom Phone's voice until this episode. I had been completely neutral about Marina Aicholtz's vocal performance until now, but I completely understand why some people have been complaining about her recently: her voice is just too loud sometimes.
It's literally the best character so far, and needs to give us more dex entries

Sonnas

I feel like her "This Pokemon's data will be added to the index!" line has sounded so loudish.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I see Go's rotomphone and all I can think of is... We've lost Rotomdex for this?

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I see Go's rotomphone and all I can think of is... We've lost Rotomdex for this?
Personally, I find Go’s Rotomphone to be the lesser of 2 evils. Even with the repetition with Go’s throws, Rotomdex was just obnoxious as a character with its know-it-all personality and constant buzzing around the camera. I’d take even Max back over it.