• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't I know you from somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read on Serebii.net that the Johto Battle Frontier is identicall to the one in Sinnoh. But why is this? Is it because Game Freak wanted players who bought Diamond or Pearl to experiance the Sinnoh Battle Frontier without having to buy Platinum? Or is it just laziness?

I for one am a little dissapointed. I wanted a whole new BF, not one recycled from Platinum! But will this news spoil the game for you? Or are you just happy you're getting the same Battle Frontier experiance as those who bought Platinum?

On a side note, do you think I use too many question marks???

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
They are using the same BF so there is more room for better plots, pokemon and new features like Pokethlon etc.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
im ok with the same bf, platinums bf is awesome and besides wat the other person said is basically he reason why they r using the same bf

R_N

It adds more communication options to Platinum. Now Plat owners can team up with HG or SS owners and go through the BF together

Chaos Rush

They are using the same BF so there is more room for better plots, pokemon and new features like Pokethlon etc.
That's a bunch of bullsh*t.

There keeping the same Battle Frontier for 2 reasons:
1. It will obviously be compatible with Platinum, so Pt and HG/SS could do BF together
2. They're too lazy to add HG/SS exclusive facilities.

IMO, they should've added to it... the Battle Frontier in Platinum is nothing compared to Emerald's. Emerald actually had unique facilities. All 5 of Platinum's facilities are basically the same, and not only that, but Emerald had more...

Edge Master

I'm back!
well i kinda wish it was a different one but platinums was pretty fun so im not going to complain but i agree with snowyarticuno about linking to platinum that would be awesome
but at least they wont have to waste development time making new facilities and we'll get the game a little soonerbut i just want a change in frontier brains but thats me :)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

How, exactly, would a different Frontier take up more room?

It's really just what Snowyarticuno said, but I'm sure we'll waste 30-50 pages discussing it needlessly to further length.

I wasn't even expecting to see a Frontier in Johto so heh, "who cares" if it's like Platinum's.

pichu_power

But Never Again...
I don't have Platinum, so having a frontier just like that from Platinum onto HG/SS would be really cool to those who chose to opt out of Platinum and stick to DP...

Waterpokes

I wanted something new. Like from Emerald. Tucker's and Greta's was the best!
If they replace Castle, I will be fine, because I don't see the point of it and it's boring.
But something is in my mind, do you think that they will recycle the Frontier Brains from Platinium and add them here?

Because, this timeline I've heard about, have Johto and Sinnoh in the same timeline.

HookShot

Shiny get!
I'd imagine that it's the same as Platinum's to add to the compatibility between the games. Nothing more, nothing less.
I didn't expect a Frontier in Johto to begin with so personally, I don't really care whether it's different or not. I see it as a nice little bouns.

Foxtrek

Vulpix addict
Well, if they're reusing the battle frontier for compatibility reasons then they'll likely reuse the same brains

Torpoleon

Oh, so HGSS's Battle Frontier is identical to the one in Platinum! That seems pretty cool. I think they did not change any facilities because maybe they did not want to. It would be cool if they added at least 2 more. But, isn't the only facility we know that is in the game the Battle Hall, from the pictures, trailers and all that?

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Aren't the time lines very close?

R_N

Well, if they're reusing the battle frontier for compatibility reasons then they'll likely reuse the same brains

Actually, it seems that the co-op frontier can't fight the brains?
At least, that's what I've heard.

Reusing the old Battle Frontier is killing two birds with one stone. Development time can be used to add to and improve other aspects of the game, while a post-endgame sidequest can still be included. This also maintains compatibility with Platinum, and allows those who didn't purchase it to experience the Battle Frontier.

Carrying over the old frontier was the most logical option. Be content with the fact we get one in the first place.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
I'm happy we even got a BF for HG/SS. FR/LG didn't have one, so it's definitely an upgrade
& it gives us more things to do in the games.

Lucille

There shoving so much into this game. I guess they don't want people to get bored and finished it in a week. Seriously. Two Regions PLUS the battle frontier.

Billy--

Ghoul Admin Billy
There shoving so much into this game. I guess they don't want people to get bored and finished it in a week. Seriously. Two Regions PLUS the battle frontier.

I have to agree with you actually..This is going to be a pretty big game to complete, and I'm not even upset if they re-use the old Frontier Brains, I liked some of them, BUT it will be hard for Palmer to explain why he just picked up and left his kid and wife in the Sinnoh region, and came to Johto. I think they might make new Frontier Brains, but keep the old Frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.