• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Don't I know you from somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu_king

Paladin Of Pikachus
Well I am truly sorry, but you didn't see Emerald's Battle Frontier in FR/LG did you?

Exactly, so we maybe lucky in all, but a simple Battle Tower would have sufficed instead of the recycled Frontier.

Uh, I know I'm a bit late, but FR/LG came out a year or so BEFORE emerald.... that's why they didn't have it.

onew

They're throwing us a bone. People play Pokemon competitively, and that's why Gamefreak adds things like natures and EVs. My point is, though, that the Pokemon games were, are, and always will be intended for young children, despite the fact they occasionally throw a few things in there for the competitive players.

It was a poor choice of words. They care, but very, very little.

This is true, I have a copy of Game Informer in which they interviewed the creators of Pokemon. They said that while they will have features for older fans, the main focus of every game is for a younger, new generation of pokemon fans.

Anyway, I don't see why people are so angry about the BF. It wasn't in G/S and it wasn't in D/P so they don't HAVE to give you anything. I think what they ARE giving us makes up for what they aren't by a long shot. You can still battle competitively, you don't need the BF for that.

I guess I'm OK with the Battle frontier now being included in all, but however aren't these games straying towards the anime? We have a Battle Frontier in Johto, which is the same as Sinnoh's, that what the anime do for a filler season, send them off to the remakes region, to challenge the current generations Battle Frontier.

And then the legendary birds are flying with Lugia in a Pokemon 2000 movie fashion, what the hell!

dulden

Dragon Master
i bet the design will be the same but the leaders will have to be different. (or i will be dissapointed too).

Skirgedot

i bet the design will be the same but the leaders will have to be different. (or i will be dissapointed too).

They will be different. It is already not logic at all having the exact same place in two different locations at the same time, it'll be a joke if they end up making all that people omnipresent.

KibreAb

wow... i didnt know people actualy did that crap. Anyway i dont care 1 bit about bf, it was DUUMB and BORING for me. It was endless trainer battles .... with no expericnce and no pokedex data.... o LORD THE HOROR .

They will be different. It is already not logic at all having the exact same place in two different locations at the same time, it'll be a joke if they end up making all that people omnipresent.

Why the hell are you even questioning the logic in Pokemon?

wow... i didnt know people actualy did that crap. Anyway i dont care 1 bit about bf, it was DUUMB and BORING for me. It was endless trainer battles .... with no expericnce and no pokedex data.... o LORD THE HOROR .

You'd be surprised at the number of people who enjoy it. It's arguably the greatest part of the game for some people: battles, one after another, that offer a true challenge the adventure never would and there are great rewards to be won.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Honestly this game ets more and more added it's not funny and I hope that if you trade you're pokemon or mix records with your platinum player you could continue your Platinum Streaks because it isn't going to be an EXACT copy but with possible new Brains and items up for offer, etc.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
I'm glad that they're keeping it, I've played it on my brothers platinum (I have diamond) and It's really fun.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Personally I don't mind that the battle frontier is the same as platinum's as it'll allow me to connect to my brother and cousin until they have a copy of the game
I hope the brains aren't the same though

drake13

Ryukishi
the battle frontier of HGSS is the same as of platinum's so it can connect with it...we can play battle hall either on wi-fi or wireless with the games HGSS and platinum...be happy...it's most likely that they will change the brains so do not be hopeless...

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Honestly, I'm quite happy they're keeping it the same.
Though I did buy Platinum and have played through the BF, it'll be a nice addition to make the gameplay longer and keep my interest atleast until the next big game in the franchise.
The more things to do, the better.
Providing they don't add so many things that it becomes boring and tedious. :p

I've changed my mind about the Battle Frontier, who cares if they were lazy or not, it saves me transferring all my team from HG/SS over to Platinum, and plus, there are loads more features such as the tutors in the Frontier Front.

To be honest I don't why I was so immature to complain in the first place.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Personally, I'd prefer an alternative to the Battle Frontier. Like, something to do afterward, but just a completely different concept then the BF. Although I don't really mind it, it's just something that I've been thinking about for a while.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Personally, I'd prefer an alternative to the Battle Frontier. Like, something to do afterward, but just a completely different concept then the BF. Although I don't really mind it, it's just something that I've been thinking about for a while.

Pokethlon, and you don't even have to wait until you beat the league or anything! :)
Sounds like a good alternative to me.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Pokethlon, and you don't even have to wait until you beat the league or anything! :)
Sounds like a good alternative to me.

Don't get me wrong, the Pokethlon sounds amazing (and too familiar. I implemented Pokelypics in my dead Pokemon RPG with the same type of attributes... I feel they're copying me lol) but as you said, you don't have to beat the Pokemon league. I want an after quest to do after the league where it's more of an adventure but not complicated, like the BF, but a different concept.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Don't get me wrong, the Pokethlon sounds amazing (and too familiar. I implemented Pokelypics in my dead Pokemon RPG with the same type of attributes... I feel they're copying me lol) but as you said, you don't have to beat the Pokemon league. I want an after quest to do after the league where it's more of an adventure but not complicated, like the BF, but a different concept.

Well, who knows; maybe that adventure lies in Kanto:)

Status
Not open for further replies.